EVE

Cinderella's Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]THIRTY-EIGHT[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2][/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]

 

"Wake up, Jun Mi-ah~!!!" Jun Mi perked up from the loud scream that invaded her eardrums for a while. She wasn't surprised to see her best friend's -- Kim Eun Byul's -- face to be right in front of her. The girl has guessed that Eun Byul woke her up; she knew her best friend's voice all too well.

 

Jun Mi shifted her position, groaning in annoyance while fluttering her eyes open, "What?"

 

"Wakey, wakey~ Today's the Student's Ball~" Eun Byul cooed as she stood up and took hold of Jun Mi's hands so that she could sit up.

 

Jun Mi looked at the time and saw that it was '9:20 AM'. Huh? But the freaking ball doesn't start until 2 PM. "Go away~ I'm still gonna sleep until 1:30. By then, I'll be ready by 2 sharp.

 

"Don't tell me you aren't even planning on at least putting any make-up on! Jun Mi! It's the Ball! You've got to at least treat that as a special day!" Eun Byul exaggerated.

 

"I don't wanna~" Jun Mi complained, cocooning herself even more in her blanket.

 

"Ugh!!! Just wake up already!" Eun Byul pulled Jun Mi's arm, but didn't even move more than half a centimeter.

 

Suddenly the door flew open, revealing a sweaty and exhausted Baekhyun. The boy tapped Eun Byul's shoulder, "I'll take care of her. Why don't you help out with your boyfriend in fixing the table?"

 

"Okay~ Good Luck waking this stubborn girl up~" Eun Byul tapped Baekhyun's shoulder before skipping her way downstairs to do as Baekhyun suggested.

 

Baekhyun grinned brightly as he crouched down beside Jun Mi and examined her morning face; morning stars on both of her eyes; tangles of hair sticking out; nose scrunched up in annoyance; eyebrows furrowed. "Yah~ Jagiya~ wake up~"

 

Jun Mi shifted again in her bed, this time faking it. I can't believe my boyfriend just saw my morning face! I must've looked like a freaking witch!

 

Baekhyun chuckled as he saw Jun Mi fumbling her hands through her face and hair, "Come on, Jun Mi-ah~ I know you're awake already~ Jagiya~"

 

Once that Jun Mi was sure that there was no more signs of sleep on her face, she shifted back to face Baekhyun with a pout, signaling him that she still didn't want to.

 

"Please, jagiya~?" Baekhyun pouted as he pulled Jun Mi up to sit.

 

"Waeyo~ It's still too early~ just let me sleep~" Jun Mi did her best in doing an aegyo in front of Baekhyun, and somewhat succeeded.

 

The girl's aegyo made Baekhyun awe, but his awe didn't stop him from waking Jun Mi up.

 

"Why are you being persistent, Jagiya~?" Jun Mi asked as she emphasized the last word. She was hoping that the sudden name calling would stop the boy from waking her up, although her sleepiness was going away. Curse Eun Byul and Baekhyun, Aish!

 

"Because, Jagiya," Baekhyun smirked as if telling Jun Mi that her calling him 'Jagiya' too didn't totally affect his desire in waking her up. Honestly, when he heard Jun Mi calling him 'Jagiya', half of him wanted jump up and down in joy. "I made breakfast for you~" Baekhyun continued.

 

"Haven't you made my breakfast a few days ago?" Jun Mi groggily asked as she reminisced the day she and Baekhyun watched, or rather slept on, August Rush.

 

"Eh~ Jagiya~ Just wake up already~ this breakfast is totally different from the breakfast I served you the day before yesterday~" Baekhyun pouted as he crouched down beside Jun Mi and took her hand in both of his.

 

Jun Mi sighed. She was, no doubt, still sleepy, but curiosity about the dish Baekhyun prepared, awakened her even more. "What else can I do? I'm already hungry and awake." The girl groaned as she stood up from her bed.

 

"Yehet~" Baekhyun cheered. Just as he saw Jun Mi walking towards the built-in bathroom, the boy back-hugged her, "I love you, jagiya." Baekhyun closed his eyes as he rested his head on one of Jun Mi's shoulders, his hands loosely hanging about the girl's thin waist. He inhaled the air, which also consisted of Jun Mi's scent. How alluring. She smells like sun-kissed raspberries.

 

Baekhyun reluctantly let go of Jun Mi, still hoping that he could her in his arms for eternity; infinity; forever. "I'll just wait for you outside." Baekhyun cupped Jun Mi's face before leaning in and leaving a lingering kiss on Jun Mi's forehead.

 

"N-ne..." Jun Mi spoke as she watched Baekhyun, who was surprisingly looking both cute and charming in his dark checkered pajama pants and plain white t-shirt, casually walk out of her room. How come I still get flustered whenever Baekhyun tells me he loves me? Aish! More importantly, why is he acting this sweet when he's actually the meanest jerk before?

 

Jun Mi snapped out of her thoughts and went in her bathroom. She quickly fixed herself and eventually went out of her room.

 

As soon as she got out, she saw Baekhyun sitting on the floor beside her bedroom's door while he fiddled with his phone, probably playing some games as he waited for the girl to go out. He stood up with a bright and goofy smile on his face as he looked down at Jun Mi. "You're looking different today."

 

"Huh? How so?" Jun Mi cocked her head in confusion. She didn't know what looked different on her. Normally a person himself or herself was the first person to know what's different about them. But in this case, Baekhyun was the one who noticed, which practically bugged and confused Jun Mi.

 

"Tying your hair up in a high ponytail suits you better than tying it up in a simple, messy bun." Baekhyun complimented as he took hold of Jun Mi's hand, "Kaja? I'm excited to see you eating my dish."

 

Baekhyun tugged a still confused, but slightly flattered and flustered, Jun Mi to walk with him towards the dining area. Tying my hair up in a high ponytail, huh. I didn't know Baekhyun would be observing these kinds of tiny details.

 

The BaekJun couple arrived at the dining room, hand-in-hand, where the EXO members and Eun Byul were already munching on their food.

 

DO, who had a crestfallen expression on (the other members noticed it but DO used the 'its-because-i'm-exhausted-from-our-training-last-night' as an excuse for it even thought he was really broken hearted), looked up. His expression fell down even more when he saw Baekhyun and Jun Mi enter the room with smiles on their faces as they looked at each other. DO sighed and was thankful that nobody noticed it except he and Kai. How I wish I was the one making Jun Mi smile like that. He weakly took a spoonful of Baekhyun's cooking and shoved it into his mouth. DO was surprised to know that the jerk ,who swept Jun Mi away from him, had made a delicious and, more importantly, edible food.

 

"Oh~ Jun Mi noona and Baekhyun Hyung are here!" Sehun announced as he cheerfully shoved the second spoonful of his third serving into his mouth.

 

"Yeah, we can see that rainbow boy." Kai rolled his eyes as he glanced at DO, who now had an even saddened expression on.

 

"Ugh!!! Why does umma have to be like this?! She told me I looked better with my colorful hair, so she asked hair stylist noona to return the rainbow colors back. So, yeah, she changed it before I went here to practice." Sehun grimaced.

 

"Yeah, you kinda told us already that last night, rainbow boy." Kris stated.

 

"Luhannie hyung~ they're teasing me again~" Sehun leaned on Luhan's, who was beside the maknae, shoulder.

 

"Hush, hush, Sehunnie~ I'll kick their shins later for you, okay?" Luhan stated as he winked at the other members, who were looking at him with horrified faces, as if he was telling them that he wouldn't do it. Nobody in EXO would ever mess too much with Luhan or Sehun (because he always asks Luhan to kick people who ), because the elder's kicking was no joke at all.

 

"Wait till hair stylist noona change your hair color later! I bet you'll look worse than me!" Sehun taunted. The other members just scoffed and continued eating their breakfast heartily ("as if we would ever look bad with a different hair color! I bet I would still look as handsome and attractive as ever!" They would say to themselves).

 

"Speaking of later, I'll take Jun Mi out to fix her up. Is that okay, Baekhyun-ssi?" Eun Byul asked.

 

"Yeah, that's totally fine with me. Anyways, we still have practice for half of the day. Just come back home early and please be safe." Baekhyun smiled as he served the food he cooked -- egg rice with meat and vegetable bits -- onto Jun Mi's plate, "Eat plenty jagiya~ I made that for you~"

 

"Why aren't you asking me too if you can go out?" Chanyeol pouted.

 

"Why would I?" Eun Byul asked with a smug grin on her face.

 

"Because I'm your boyfriend, duh!" Chanyeol grinned as well.

 

"Well, either way, you would agree anyways." Eun Byul shrugged.

 

"What if I didn't?"

 

"Then I would hate you for ruining this night and that you wouldn't have a prettier me as date." Eun Byul taunted.

 

"Kekeke, okay. I won't prevent you anymore." Chanyeol pinched Eun Byul's cheek.

 

"Alright!" Suho suddenly stood up from his chair after finishing his meal, surprising everyone on the table. "Let's get going now! Chop chop!"

 

"Awww... But I'm still not finished with my food~" Chen and Tao both complained.

 

"Then hurry up, we have a big day ahead of us." Suho ordered. "Last one to finish and go to the practice room will clean the dishes."

 

Everyone, except Jun Mi, Eun Byul and DO, gobbled down their food.

 

"Tao, you're lasht!" Kai announced as he ran to the kitchen to get glasses of water.

 

"No, I'm not. DO hyung ish!" Tao took the last spoonful and was about to leave the table when Kris – who magically appeared -- glared at him, as if telling the panda not to make the heart broken boy do all the work.

 

Tao gulped down his food before sighing, "Fine... I'll do it."

 

"No, you go on, Tao. I'll take care of it." DO weakly smiled.

 

"A-are you sure, D-DO Hyung?" Tao asked as he stole scared glances towards Kris.

 

"Ne, I'm sure. Kris hyung, don't glare at panda boy, please?" DO stated with still a weak smile.

 

"O-oh... O-okay then. T-tao! Let's go." Kris appeared from his hiding and pulled Tao out of the room.

 

Jun Mi furrowed her eyebrows and directed her eyes towards DO, who was still eating weakly. "Hey, DO-ssi, are you alright?"

 

"N-ne?" DO whipped his head up to look at Jun Mi. He was both disappointed and happy; disappointed because 'Jun Mi is so dense to not notice DO's broken heart'; and happy because 'Jun Mi still asks if he was okay'.

 

"Are you alright?" Jun Mi repeated, worry written all over her face. Who wouldn't be worried when your friend is not acting normally? She thought.

 

"Ne, I'm fine. I'm just tired from our practice last night, that's all." DO showed a weak but hopefully-believable smile on his face.

 

Meanwhile, Eun Byul listened to Jun Mi and DO's conversation. Aish! How can my best friend be so timid? I'm sorry DO-ssi, but I'm team BaekJun. Jun Mi is so lucky to be included in this love triangle! If only my life was like this... Aigoo... What am I thinking?! I already have, and am pretty satisfied, Park Chanyeol. What more can I want?

 

Jun Mi pursed her lips as her eye brows furrowed. "Alright, if that's what you say so."

 

Suddenly, Kai appeared from the kitchen. He actually eavesdropped for a while, before pitying his friend-zoned hyung. "Jun Mi noona! Why don't you watch us warm up for a bit?"

 

"I don't know... Watching a bunch of guys warming is kinda boring." Jun Mi pouted after reassuring her doubtful self that DO was just tired. "Plus, Eun Byul and I still need to go somewhere."

 

"Nah, you can watch them. I think I'll help DO-ssi here in washing the dishes. Is that alright with you DO-ssi? You seem like you need some help." Eun Byul stated, emphasizing the last 4 words. The girl shot a meaningful glance at Kai.

 

Operation Send-Kai-A-Telepathic-Message (aka SKATM):

“Kai, I need to talk to DO Kyungsoo about 'some important stuff' *Ehem* BaekJun relationship *Ehem*”. SENT!

 

Kai furrowed his eye brows before letting his mouth form an 'o' shape.

 

Operation SKATM: SUCCESS.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter