STARS

Cinderella's Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [CONTENTID1]TWENTY - ONE [/CONTENTID1]

 [CONTENTID2][/CONTENTID2]

  [CONTENTID3]

Wait. What? Even in her head, Jun Mi was speechless and dumbstruck. Her face had widened eyes and a slightly ajar mouth as she looked at a certain person. Did h-he just a-asked me o-out to the ball?!

Normally, Jun Mi would agree on any request. It’s just a dance right? No. Big. Deal. There wouldn’t be any harm if you agree in going to the ball with someone else. But in this case, Jun Mi was perplexed. Why am I taking so long in answering? You can just simply say ‘yes’! Her heart skipped a beat. If she said yes, then she would be going to the ball with Baekhyun. Or ‘no’,

Her situation got even worse when Baekhyun stared back at her like he was expecting her to answer positively, meaning he wants her to say ‘yes’. But Jun Mi was being stubborn, or more likely being troubled by her undecided decision, so she just continued to stare at the boy.

From afar, DO saw it all. How Jun Mi stared back at the jerk, who, she has once said, was the one she hates a lot. How Baekhyun stared differently at Jun Mi. What Baekhyun did to make Jun Mi be in her dumbstruck state. He was furiously jealous right now. Has she changed her opinion over Baekhyun? Was she starting to have feelings for the guy? Is Baekhyun also feeling the same? Why is he looking differently at Jun Mi?  DO sighed heavily. He was definitely acting like a jealous boyfriend, when in fact he was merely just a friend.

Someone tapped DO on the shoulders, disturbing his confusing thoughts. He turned around and saw Eun Byul, Jun Mi’s best friend, “Oh, Eun Byul-ssi, waeyo?”

“U-uh, I was wondering if you could call out Jun Mi. I didn’t want to bother their stares. Can you please tell her, and Baekhyun, to help out the officers with handing out the lunch for the other volunteers?” Eun Byul asked, smirking evilly as she emphasized the word ‘stares’.

“Okay.” DO lifelessly answered, trying to cover up his disappointment. Great, even Jun Mi’s friend is approved of Baekhyun! Where will that lead me?

DO swiftly walked away, avoiding Eun Byul’s suspicious gaze. Eun Byul definitely did not let DO’s crestfallen expression go past her. Am I sensing some kind of jealousy here? More importantly, she looked at Jun Mi and Baekhyun, who are still staring at each other, Am I sensing a change in feelings with those two?

Eun Byul smirked, not bothering to cover up her excitement. She always thought that this would eventually happen. She’s Eun Byul, for Pete’s sake! And Kim Eun Byul is not someone who would be oblivious to everything around her, especially with matters of her best friend.

And so, Eun Byul continues her evil smirks as she walked away to the lunch table, her head occupied with whatever she is thinking at the moment.

On the other side, DO lifelessly approached the two people still staring at each other.

“Jun Mi-ssi…” DO called out, trying his ultimate best to sound as normal as possible to Jun Mi.

Fortunately, this caught Jun Mi’s attention, making her eyes tear away from Baekhyun’s. Jun Mi looked up at DO and spoke, “Wh-what is it D-DO-ssi?”

“Eun Byul wanted the two of you to help out with distributing the lunch for the volunteers. You might as well want to take your lunch now.” DO said in a monotonous tone.

Unlike Eun Byul, Jun Mi didn’t notice DO’s down expression. Her mind and body is still indulged in thinking of what just happened a while ago. She couldn’t really let the fact that Baekhyun asked her out to the ball sink in her mind.

She stood up awkwardly, like she’s a robot that hasn’t been oiled for a while.  Jun Mi then walked away, leaving Baekhyun unanswered and DO crestfallen.

Baekhyun scoffed loudly as he stood up too, brushing his pants, “That girl has some serious problems,” He then put an arm around DO’s shoulders, “You seriously like that girl?” Baekhyun blurted out. Did I just feel a pang in my chest just now? Probably just my weird imagination,

DO didn’t speak up. He wasn’t in the mood. Is Baekhyun trying to get on my nerves? Now I know why Jun Mi supposedly said she hated this guy. How did he even know I liked Jun Mi? I haven’t told anyone about this. Was I too obvious? Shoot me.

Baekhyun sighed. This guy’s boring. He removed his hands away from DO’s shoulder and stuffed his hands into his pockets, “You have a strange way of showing off your affections to someone you like. The kind of way other girls are dreaming of, but not Jun Mi.” Baekhyun coldly remarked. Why am I acting this way to my friend? Like someone’s controlling what I say to DO,

“How sure are you?” DO asked, angered by Baekhyun’s insult. Is he saying that I can’t capture Jun Mi’s heart? And that Baekhyun is capable to that to her?

Baekhyun smirked, “That, my dear friend, depends on Jun Mi” He patted DO’s shoulder and walked towards the stairs, “You might wanna hurry up if you don’t want to die of hunger, DO-ssi.”

D.O. curled his fists. He’s never felt so angry in his entire life. And he never even imagined that the cause of his extreme anger is because of one of his closest friends. Is Baekhyun telling me that he likes Jun Mi too?

D.O. breathed in and out before walking down the stage to take his lunch. I won’t lose to you, Byun Baekhyun.

 

###

 

"Thank you so much everyone for volunteering! Without you guys, we would not have been able to finish decorating the tent for the ball. Thank you so much again guys! Be careful on your ways back okay?" Jun Mi shouted at the leaving volunteers. She was almost relieved at finishing the whole tent. There were still invitations, measurements, attires, and people to attend to.

"Jun Mi-ssi..." the girl twirled around to face the person who called her. She came face to face with DO Kyungsoo and, unfortunately, Byun Baekhyun. If you guys haven't noticed, Jun Mi has been avoiding Baekhyun ever since the 'asking' incident.

Jun Mi was still undecided whether she was going to accept Baekhyun's invitation or not. But that can wait later. Right now, she has to come back down to earth and deal with the white-eye rich boy.

"N-ne D-DO-ssi?" Jun Mi stuttered. She couldn't help but feel uncomfortable with Baekhyun around.

"Why don't we walk home together?" DO asked softly, noticing Jun Mi's uneasiness.

"U-uh... N-ne..." Jun Mi answered. Is Baekhyun coming along too?

"Well then," DO slung his duffel bag on his shoulder and faced the boy behind him, Baekhyun. "We’ll be off. Bye."

"Only you two?" a voice stopped DO and Jun Mi in their tracks. They hesitantly turned around to face the speaker, who was no other that Baekhyun. "Oh no. I'm coming with you two. You know how dangerous it is at night! A sasaeng fan might me!" he outraged.

Although Jun Mi and Baekhyun are in an awkward situation, the girl couldn't help herself but scoff and laugh at what the boy said. Even at times like this, Baekhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter