PREPARE

Cinderella's Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]THIRTY-SEVEN[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2][/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]

 

 

Jun Mi cringed as she heard her best friend -- Eun Byul -- squeal near her ear. "Waa~ tomorrow's the school ball!!! Aren't you excited?!"

 

Jun Mi scrunched up her face. She girl wasn't even halfway excited event tomorrow. She bets that she's the only one in her school not anticipating the school ball. "No, I'm not excited Byul."

 

"What?! Why?!" Eun Byul shook her best friend's shoulder. Meanwhile Jun Mi sighed. Why she is not excited? Because: 1. She isn't in the mood to go anywhere tomorrow; 2. She has to wear two, I repeat, two gowns tomorrow; 3. She still has to speak in front of the people who attended the ball; 4. She was going to the ball with her recent freaking boyfriend -- Byun Baekhyun.

 

"I'm just not in the mood." Jun Mi answered as she stuffed food into her face.

 

"What?! You have got to be kidding me! Nobody should be not in the mood to be excited about the ball!!! Wait... Let me rephrase... Hmmm..." Eun Byul looked up as she thought of a way to make her sentence more understandable.

 

"I get it. Then I guess I'm nobody." Jun Mi joked.

 

Eun Byul sighed, "Whatever, you are totally freaking weird. I don't even know why we’re best friends."

 

"Because," Jun Mi coughed as she prepared herself to sing, "I love you, you love me, we are one big family~"

 

"Don't you dare continue that purple dinosaur's song? Ugh!" Eun Byul complained while Jun Mi bursts out in laughter. The latter couldn't understand why her best friend hates Barney so much. Please, everybody loves Barney!

 

"What are we laughing about ladies?" The two girls looked up to see EXO standing in front of them as they held their lunch trays.

 

"Eun Byul hates Barney" Jun Mi bluntly stated before laughing again. The 12 boys took place in the remaining seats the table Jun Mi and Eun Byul were seating on provided. Chanyeol sat beside Eun Byul while Baekhyun swiftly raced with DO to sit beside Jun Mi.

 

"What's there to hate about Barney?" Lay curiously asked.

 

"He's an irritating singing dinosaur." Kris commented.

 

“Exactly,” Eun Byul grunted.

 

"But, that is what he really needs to do." Tao argued.

 

"Yes, I know. But he's still helluva annoying guy." Kris coldly stated.

 

"That still doesn't prove your hatred for Barney" Lay pouted as he dug into his food.

 

"Hatred doesn't need any proof. Just like Love, you just feel it with any further explanation." Kris maturely explained.

 

The other people in the table had their mouth agape in amazement.

 

"Bravo for Wu Yifan!" Luhan clapped enthusiastically.

 

"Bravo!" EXO -- excluding Kris -- clapped while Eun Byul and Jun Mi giggled.

 

Baekhyun glanced at Jun Mi, who was still giggling as she watched the boys tease about Sehun's new hair, after laughing along his gang. "I Love you", the boy pecked Jun Mi's lips which stunned the girl and caused the others -- excluding DO -- to howl and whistle.

 

"Say it back! Say it back!" EXO, except DO, chanted as they looked at Jun Mi who was dumbstruck and blushing.

 

Jun Mi giggled before turning to face Baekhyun. "You're so greasy, you know that?"

 

"Yeah, I do. Aren't you gonna say it back?" Baekhyun grinned.

 

"Fine, I Love You, Byun Baekhyun" Jun Mi giggled, causing the other to do the same thing they did when Baekhyun said those to her.

 

Meanwhile, DO just watched the whole scene with a crestfallen expression. Kai and Eun Byul would once in a while steal a glance to DO. They pitied him because they knew that DO likes Jun Mi. Imagine your crush not liking you back, it hurts to hell. I have lost. Baek loves Jun Mi. And Jun Mi loves him back. I was the one who was nice to her, why did she pick that jerk over me? Aish, why am I even blaming Jun Mi when there really is no one to blame except myself? I blame myself for being slow, for being scared of rejection, for not making the move.

 

"Okay, guys. Stop with the cheesiness and on with the serious matter. We, except you ladies, have to practice our performance later at Baekhyun's house. We might finish late so we might also have to stay and sleep in his house, is that okay?" Suho started.

 

"I guess that's fine with me, considering that it’s for our performance and stuff." Baekhyun agreed as he sleazily put an arm around Jun Mi's shoulder to which the latter remove ("Byun Baekhyun, even if we're together already. There still is no PDA when at school" Jun Mi scolded)

 

"Then we're in!" The others enthusiastically answered while DO weakly said, "Okay, I'm in..."

 

"Then, can I sleep over too? I wanna spend a night wide Jun Mi." Eun Byul suggested as she looked at Baekhyun.

 

"That's fine with me too." Baekhyun answered.

 

"Yah, sweet, don't you want to spend a night with me too?" Chanyeol asked mischieviously.

 

"No. ert. Hmph!" Eun Byul pouted.

 

"Awww... Come on, I was kidding. I'm not 'ert', I'm your 'Sweet', right Sweet?" Chanyeol cooed.

 

"Fine. You're Sweet." Eun Byul giggled.

 

Jun Mi cringed at the cheesiness, "So cheesy~ blech!"

 

"We're cheesier than them, why cringe now?" Baekhyun teased.

 

"Awww... I want to have a girlfriend too..." Luhan pouted as he stared dreamily at BaekJun and ChanByul couples.

 

"I'll be your girlfriend hyung!" Sehun volunteered.

 

"I said girl, not boy. Are you a girl? I don't think so Sehunnie~" Luhan teased.

 

"Awww... Parrot boy is sad..." The other boys howled in laughter as they teased the maknae of his newest hair color.

 

"Yah~ my mom said that I should change my hair color again since Luhan hyung's pink hair stood out over mine." Sehun pouted as he explained. The others howled again in laughter.

 

###

 

The last bell of the day finally rung, the students buzzed even more loudly than other day - probably because they were excited for the event that will happen tomorrow -- The Student's Ball.

 

Jun Mi lazily slung her backpack on her bag as Eun Byul cheerfully slinked her arms onto Jun Mi's. "Oh, cheer up! It's the ball tomorrow. At least feel proud of your preparation."

 

"I am proud. I just don't like to wear the dress." Jun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter