BALL

Cinderella's Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]THIRTY-NINE[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2][/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]

 

 

DO gaped at Jun Mi appearance. She was beyond pretty; beyond beautiful; beyond gorgeous; beyond cute. Jun Mi looked perfect. Everything suited her, from head-to-toe. Her dark golden brown hair was still perfectly braided and bunned behind her. Her skin was still flawlessly smooth. Her nails were still perfectly painted. Her mascara-eyeliner-eyelids-colored eyes brought up her hazel orbs. The faint blush on made her cheeks glow. Her pinkish lips made her cherry lips standout too. Indeed, she looked perfect.

 

The ride to the school was a crazy one. The members jammed with every song that played on shuffle. Chanyeol would start every jamming session by shouting out some words from the song that played, and soon everyone, including Suho -- who told the people inside the van that they should preserve their voices -- sang along.

 

"XOXO!" Chanyeol shouted, his hands waving in the air like drunken person.

 

"XOXO!" Everyone -- and I mean everyone -- shouted as well.

 

"XOXO! XOXO, Yeah!" Chanyeol sang the Intro part of their song 'XOXO'

 

DO sang his part lively, as if he wasn't broken hearted anymore. Eun Byul's words struck him. He shouldn't be sulking like that, it was too immature of him. He even felt guilty when he partially lied to everyone about his mood a while ago.

 

Salmyeosi immatchun x neun kiss
Donggeurake aneun o neun hug
Hoksi beolsseo algo isseulkka oh
 

Haruharu mollae sseun pyeonji
Geureoke kkeuteumage jeogeotji
Geuraebwatja jun jeok eobtjiman ah~

 

Baekhyun sand his part as well, but more lively and with more feelings than DO. He looked goofily at Jun Mi who kept rolling her eyes and widening her smiling lips. He thought the same thing DO thought about the girl: Jun Mi looked perfect. Every little single detail fit everything perfectly, even the tiny mole located on the skin that covered her collarbone.

 

They continued jamming, or rather shouting out the lyrics of the song, until they arrived on the school campus.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were the first ones to go out; so that they can help their princesses -- Jun Mi and Eun Byul -- get down from the van. The boys held out loving hands for the girl, to which Jun Mi and Eun Byul fully accepted.

 

The surrounding was still bright, but the position of the shadows and light, and the orange-y color of the sky prove that it was already mid-afternoon.

 

The other boys from the van exited from the stuffy van and closed its door before walking towards their main venue -- the enormous tent on the soccer field.

 

Eun Byul ran away from Chanyeol playfully before skipping towards Jun Mi, who was closely beside Baekhyun. Eun Byul s her arm around Jun Mi's free arm. "Aren't you excited now?"

 

Jun Mi sighed, but the smile on her face remained, "Nope."

 

"What?! After all the make-over ("Torture", Jun Mi commented) and the being-picked-up-by-your-prince-charming stuff, you're still not excited?! Unbelievable!" Eun Byul complained while Jun Mi giggled.

 

"How can I be excited when my stomach is this empty? Who says 'Beauty is Pain'? Bahumbag!" Jun Mi stated.

 

"Well, then, why didn't you say you were hungry? Let's go!" Eun Byul pulled Jun Mi inside the tent, where thousands of students were already in. At the side, a buffet was served. In the middle, a carpeted dance floor was occupied by standing students. In the front, the stage Jun Mi and EXO designed was there. The thickness of the cloth used in making the tent dimmed the area. The light sources came from the rays of light coming through the open doors and the various electric lights which were probably gonna be used during the dance party.

 

Eun Byul pulled Jun Mi again towards the buffet after skimming and appreciating the whole tent. "I'm hungry too Jun Mi-ah~"

 

"'Beauty is Pain' my ." Jun Mi rolled her eyes before filling her plate with food.

 

Once she finished contemplating about taking a big slice from the red velvet cake (since Jun Mi is a desert lover) ("Jun Mi-ah! That's too much carbs! For the love of all things fit, please don't get one, Jun Mi-ah!" Eun Byul scolded), she and Eun Byul walked towards the table in front, since they saw their boyfriends waving at them in the front.

 

They arrived at the table and were surprised to see a table reserved for Choi Jun Mi, Kim Eun Byul, and EXO. Jun Mi smiled as she remembers her request for the principal to reserve a table for the 14 people.

 

Jun Mi sat at a seat beside Baekhyun and Luhan, while Eun Byul sat beside Chanyeol and DO.

 

"Aww... Jagiya~ why didn't you even bring me food?" Baekhyun chuckled as he watched Jun Mi's mouth figuratively water.

 

"Go get your own. I'm hungry and I need to immediately eat. Itadakimasu~" Jun Mi dug in her food.

 

"Hey, that's Japanese." Baekhyun playfully scolded.

 

"So? You did that too, right?" Jun Mi asked as she continued her much needed snack-lunch.

 

"My jagiya is imitating me, how touching." Baekhyun chuckled, still watching Jun Mi eat her food heartily.

 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol was asking Eun Byul to feed him. "Sweet~ please feed me~"

 

"Get your own~ you’re not a baby anymore, Yeol." Eun Byul scolded.

 

"Yes I am. I'm your baby." Chanyeol wriggled his eyebrows while a goofy smile appeared on his lips.

 

"I thought you were my 'Sweet'" Eun Byul playfully teased.

 

"There you again, always teasing me~" Chanyeol pouted.

 

"Alright, alright. I was messing with you. Say 'ah~'" Eun Byul offered.

 

"Ah~" Chanyeol repeated as he closed his eyes, waiting for the food that was to be entered into his mouth.

 

"I'm so jealous of them~" Luhan pouted as he watched one couple feeding each other and one couple bickering.

 

Sehun, who was beside the pink-haired Luhan, spoke, "Yeah, me too Hyung."

 

"Why don't we just get food, eh Sehunnie?" Luhan offered.

 

"Food: The cure for broken hearted people." Sehun stood up and followed Luhan to the buffet.

 

“Or, people searching for love” Luhan added.

 

While Jun Mi and Baekhyun were bickering about the boy getting his own serving of food ("But it’s too bothersome~ Just feed me some, jagiya~" Baekhyun pouted), someone tapped the girl on the shoulders. The trusty student assistant of the principal -- Yul -- stood behind Jun Mi with a flashy tuxedo as his attire.

 

"Oh, Yul-ssi, Omo~ you look stunning~" Jun Mi commented.

 

"And you too, Jun Mi sunbaenim" Yul shyly rubbed his nape, flattered of Jun Mi's compliment to him.

 

Baekhyun noticed the younger boy's flustered face, so he furrowed his brows in irritation. "What is it Yul?"

 

"O-oh. The principal asked you two to go to the backstage." Yul answered immediately.

 

"Alright, thank you Yul." Baekhyun shooed the boy away and pulled Jun Mi up.

 

"Yah! I'm still eating!" Jun Mi didn't complain about her unfinished food as she was already pulled away by Baekhyun. "You're such a jerk, Baek."

 

"I know." Baekhyun smiled goofily back at her. He pulled Jun Mi even further towards the backstage. The two met up with the principal -- who was wearing an ivory suit.

 

"Oh, there you two are! Are you ready?" The principal asked as he directed the stage personnel on where to put things ("Got7's performance is still later, put those props in that corner!")

 

"Ready for what sir?" Jun Mi asked as her eyes followed the constant appearance of the zooming personnel.

 

"For your opening remarks, of course! I called Baekhyun here because I have seen him helping you 'ease the tension' and 'get the mood on' among the crowd. Good luck! You're on in 5 minutes." The principal bid goodbye and ordered another personnel around for tasks, "Tell the light director to have 2 spotlights by the small stadium."

 

"O-opening Remarks?!" Jun Mi outbursts. She didn't know anything about any remarks. She was definitely unprepared, so now she felt cold sweat all over her.

 

"Relax, Jagiya~ you heard the old geezer, I'll be there beside you. Stop making that horrified face, you look like you're having constipation." Baekhyun joked, earning a nervous glare from Jun Mi.

 

The boy reached below for Jun Mi's hand and intertwined it with his, squeezing it after they tangled their hands. Jun Mi looked up in surprise to see Baekhyun giving off a warm and reassuring smile, "I'll be here by your side, jagiya. And I promise that I will never leave you."

 

Jun Mi blushed as a soft smile crept up her lips; the soft smile that made Baekhyun's heart want to leap out of his chest and kidnap it.

 

"President and Vice President, take your places!" Personnel, with a microphone attached near the mouth and an ear piece on the ear, shouted.

 

Baekhyun and Jun Mi went closer the personnel who shouted and then were escorted to the side of the stage, the glass stadium stand visible in the teenagers' peripheral visions. They saw the principal saying some things that made the students below quiet down and listen. The boy and the girl then saw the old man acknowledge their way, signaling the two teenagers to accompany him on stage and do what they were supposed to do.

 

Jun Mi gulped, cold sweat returning back to her. Meanwhile Baekhyun took a deep breath then squeezed Jun Mi's hand, retelling the girl of the promise he made earlier with a warm smile. "Let's go Jagiya."

 

Baekhyun pulled Jun Mi up the stage, their hands still intertwined. Jun Mi noticed their tangled hands and suddenly felt embarrassed. Everyone in their school already knew Jun Mi and Baekhyun's relationship, but Jun Mi felt uncomfortable and shameless, with holding Baekhyun's hands and all.

 

Jun Mi softly tugged her hand, attempting to remove them from Baekhyun's, but failed. Baekhyun noticed this, but only chuckled softly and smiled warmly. My Jagiya is embarrassed, how cute.

 

The two joined the principal in the middle of the stage. Jun Mi started hearing murmurs -- negative or positive or both -- from the crowd, so she bowed down her head. The principal gave the microphone to Baekhyun to which the boy gladly took, "Annyeonghasaeyeo~ I'm your Vice President, Byun Baekhyun,"

 

Baekhyun put the microphone in front of Jun Mi's face. "I-I'm your P-president, Choi J-jun Mi."

 

"And we’re here to 'state our Opening Remarks'" Baekhyun spoke out. Jun Mi heard a few audible groans, meaning they didn't want to hear any and just wants to proceed with the party.

 

Jun Mi took the microphone from Baekhyun, which surprised the confident boy. The girl kept the microphone in front of , but no words came out. Everyone in the crowd anticipated the president's words in silence. Soon enough, Jun Mi took a deep breath before speaking onto the mic, "But we're scratching out that part and just proceed with a few reminders."

 

Jun Mi gulped, relieved that she didn't hear the students groan like a while ago, "First, rules are still regulated here. This includes the matters of PDA. Innocent PDAs, such as holding of hands, close proximities, and hugs, are allowed for tonight only. Second, please clean as you go. Third, once a bell rings, the girls are to proceed immediately at the back stage. And lastly, have Fun and enjoy the school's Ball."

 

Jun Mi abruptly gave the mic to Baekhyun before bowing her head down. Baekhyun looked at Jun Mi in a speechless state, "This girl just took the words right out of my mouth. DJ, Blast the music and dance the night away! Anticipate EXO's performances later~" Baekhyun winked before the party music began playing.

 

Everyone below invaded the dance floor and started moving to the beat. Baekhyun pulled Jun Mi down the stage towards the dance floor and just moved along the song.

 

Jun Mi smiled when she saw Baekhyun's smiling face. She knew that Baekhyun is genuinely enjoying the moment, and so she thought that she might as well enjoy it too. Soon enough, Jun Mi danced along the party song.

 

###

 

It was already dimming outside, making the area inside the tent dim as well, when a person asked for EXO and Jun Mi's appearances back stage.

 

Baekhyun and Jun Mi met up with the 11 boys back stage. They were changing up in various rugged, but presentable student uniforms, as if they were a part of an underground gang.

 

"Annyeong Jun Mi-noona~" Sehun cheerfully greeted.

 

"Here, take this and change, Baekhyun." Suho gave Baekhyun a closed clothes' bag that had "변 백현" written across the front.

 

"Jun Mi-ssi!" Personnel called out Jun Mi, so the latter whipped her head towards the caller, "Ne?"

 

"You'll be introducing EXO in 3 minutes. Introduce the songs they are going to present as well. Good luck!" The personnel stated before zooming past Jun Mi.

 

Great, I have to go back to that damned stage! Jun Mi inwardly groaned. She positioned herself to the side of the stage. From afar, she saw Kris' tall figure across the other side of the stage. The personnel signaled Jun Mi to come up the stage and soon the music tuned down.

 

"Annyeong~ Are you guys having fun? Sorry I had to interrupt. I'm actually here to introduce our performers for today, I'm sure everyone knows them." Jun Mi heard squeals from the crows, probably from the girls, "Well, let's not make this long and welcome EXO! They will be performing Growl, then Wolf. After that, they will be divided equally. EXO-M will perform the Chinese version of Lucky, while EXO-K will perform the Korean version of Baby. Enjoy everyone~".

 

Jun Mi ran out of the stage then EXO entered, as well as the intro for Growl. Squeals were the only sound audible during EXO's performance, as expected from the school's famous kingka group.

 

Meanwhile, Jun Mi arrived at their reserved table in front after struggling to pass through the wave of fan girls. Jun Mi sighed in relief at her safe arrival. She was about to speak to her best friend, Eun Byul, when she noticed the girl being too immersed in EXO's performance. So, Jun Mi decided to sit down and watch as well. The two girls have watched EXO perform Growl during the practice, but the feeling and appearance was different from now.

 

Everyone clapped and cheered as EXO did their final pose for Wolf. Luhan spoke through the mic attached to his face in between pants, "I'm sorry dears, but we have to rest a bit before singing separately. Here's Got7 for a small intermission number with 'Girls Girls'." Loud cheering erupted from the crowd. Hard-core fan girls...

 

Eun Byul stood up and pulled Jun Mi along. The hyper girl directed Jun Mi towards the backstage.

 

"You were amazing, sweet~" Eun Byul cooed as she approached a sweaty Chanyeol. Jun Mi's jaw dropped when she saw the giant in that state. She admitted that he looked irresistibly hot with sweat running through his neck.

 

"Jagiya..." Jun Mi perked up when she heard the familiar husky voice. If her jaw dropped when she saw Chanyeol being sweaty, Jun Mi's jaw almost broke open when she saw he boyfriend -- Byun Baekhyun. Sweat wasn't only running through his neck, but on his flawless pale face as well. Drips of sweat fell down from the fringes of his purple hair. Dammit, I'm probably gonna spazz about this once I gather up my sense. Baekhyun is so damn hot! And gorgeous! And... Ugh!!! Perfect!!! How come he's still looks good and irresistible with that haggard performance? And how come eyeliners suit him best? How come he looks handsome instead of weird with that purple hair of his?! Curse you, Byun Baekhyun, for being a beautiful human being!

 

Baekhyun chucked at Jun Mi's shocked state, "Close your mouth jagiya, wouldn't want to taste flies while I kiss you." He swiftly went closer the girl and closed Jun Mi's mouth with one finger – pushing her chin up.

 

Jun Mi's eyes widened after taking in and understanding what Baekhyun had said. She even blushed a very deep shade of red. "Y-yah! T-that is so d-disgusting, Baekhyun!" She slightly punched the Byun boy's sweaty chest.

 

"Don't tell me you didn't like it, jagiya." Baekhyun teased, leaning in closer Jun Mi's face.

 

Jun Mi felt heat radiating off her blushing face and off Baekhyun's sweaty face. She inwardly cursed as she also felt her heart, and fan girl feels, exploding.

 

Baekhyun leaned in closer, attempting to kiss Jun Mi right then and there. "Your mouth better not taste like flies, jagiya."

 

Jun Mi stood frozen in her spot as she felt Baekhyun's hot breath caress her tingling lips. She willed herself to not let her knees buck in weakness.

 

Just as their lips were only half centimeters away, the personnel called out Baekhyun, telling him to change in a different costume. Baekhyun groaned before chuckling. He leaned back and kissed Jun Mi's forehead instead. "It's a shame we didn't get to kiss. I'll see ya later, Jagiya."

 

Jun Mi's heart beat wildly. It was the only thing she can hear, aside from the background sound of EXO-M's version of Lucky. She snapped back into reality when she remembered that she herself instituted the rule of 'No Shameless PDA'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter