SETTLING

DAZED AND CONFUSED

For the next three days, Jenny showed me around everywhere.  We walked on the streets of Apkujong, shopped at Dongdaemun, and ate at the best places.  There were some things that I felt were completely over priced, but the street markets were awesome!
And the food kept on tasting better and better.
I was beginning to love Korea, and I didn’t want to go back anymore.  I didn’t want to go back to America.
Even if I was here for only a few days, I feel like I can actually build a life here.  I had a job, I had a personal assistant who catered to my every need, and I had a very nice and expensive apartment.  What more did I want?  What more did I need?

Tomorrow would be the start of my new job.  Hopefully it would be as great as my experience so far.
But I’m sure nothing can ruin me.  I couldn’t be any happier.  I am so glad that I have taken this opportunity.


I woke up around 7 in the morning to get ready.  I took a shower, blew out my hair and just had my hair down, soft and wavy.  I wore my yellow louis vuitton structured jacket that Char gave me for a going away present over an oversized gray shirt with a pair of liquid leggings and didn’t forget to wear my sky high heels.  I was trying to dress to impress.  I didn’t want my first day to be a disaster.
I put on minimal makeup with a bold red lip and sprits some of my favorite perfume.  By the time I was properly ready, it was around 9am.  30 minutes later, Hyungman called me and told me that he would be here in about 10 minutes to take me to the studio.
I grabbed my favorite vintage Chanel bag and went down to meet Hyungman.
Of course, he complimented me about 6 times and proceeded to have contact with me for 4 times while he was driving towards the building.
“We’re here!  Just go ahead and take the stairs to the 3rd floor, I’m pretty sure that they would be waiting for you there.”
“Thank you.”
I hopped out the car and walked on over.
The building was pretty plain, and it was surprising because I thought it would be this grand place with a receptionist and everything.  Well, they did have a receptionist, but they didn’t have it right when you walk in the door.  You had to go up 3 flights of stairs.
“Hello.  I am here to see Mr. Yang.”
“Ah yes, he is waiting for you in the meeting room with the other staff.”
“Thank you.”
I walked towards the meeting room, my heart jumping up and down from excitement and anxiety.
I opened the door and saw


HIM.

The man that I tried to say goodbye to for 3 years.  The man that I fell in love with against my own will.  The man that I just couldn’t forget.  The man that I thought I was going to leave behind in America.

Jiyong.

He didn’t notice I was there though because he was busy talking on the phone.

“Welcome!  Please have a seat.  I would like to introduce you to the people you would be dressing.  BigBang.”
All five of them looked up then from whatever they were doing.  At first they just smiled and greeted me, oblivious that I was Amelie, the girl that they met in America.  I guess 3 years changed a lot.
“Hello.  Nice to meet you.  My name is Taeyang.  Please take care of us well, we have an image to make for the fans.”
“Oh….nice to meet you too.”
Then Daesung stood up with Top next to him.  “Hello.  You remind me of a women we met a long time ago.”
The Top joined in, “It’s a compliment.”
Then Seungri stood up and said to Top and Daesung, “No.”  He pointed at me while facing Daesung and Top, “She is too thin.  Amelie had some meat on her.”
I guess they didn’t recognize me because I was incredibly thin now.  I’m not anorexic like before, but for some reason nothing stays on me anymore.  It all flushes out.  I guess all the healthy foods and exercise made my metabolism speed up seven-fold.
Anyways, I didn’t mind.  I was hoping to start new, so there was no point on going back to the past.  It hurt too much anyway.
“I’m sorry.  I don’t know if that offended you in some way.  Amelie was very important to us.  Especially to Jiyong hyung.”  He pointed to Jiyong then.  But Jiyong was only looking away from all of this towards the view outside the room.

Mr. Yang interrupted us then. “Okay, since we are all properly introduced, let’s get to work.  Now I thought-“
I just trailed him off.  I was focused on Jiyong.  He was still looking away somewhere vast, and my heart started to burn again.  I shut it off after he left that one-day, but it started to come back to life.  I tried to stop it, but I knew it wouldn’t work.  It never listened to me anyways.
Now, I would like to stop for a little bit.  Some of you guys may be wondering why we ended it, and not try a long distance relationship.  I never thought of it.  I thought that by the end of the week, it would just be all over.  I knew that we both liked each other, but it wasn’t something strong enough to hold out on a distance.
Besides, he never tried to contact me after that.

“Myung?  Are you listening?”
“Yes, sir.  So you would want to do the fittings tomorrow?”
“Yes.  I am completely putting all my faith in you to bring in a proper concept for their new album.  Do you have a concept in mind?”
.  Didn’t think about that.   Just say something.
“Yes I did.  I was thinking….sadness.”
“Excuse me?”
“It’s an emotion.  Think of something, black and white, 1930’s, where all hope seems to be gone, but we are all pulling in together.  I still want it to be based for the future though.  I remember from our last meeting that you said that most of the songs were on the emotional side?”

I was getting good at this.  Working at a magazine under a crazy eccentric woman made you be on top of your feet at all times.

“Perfect.  I like it.  I hope you have clothes to match this concept.”
“Yes. I was thinking about minimalist effects with geometric and structured cuts with a little distressed look.”
“Good.  I knew you were talented.  I will see you tomorrow.  Ann, please give Myung the schedule for the boys tomorrow.  Myung, transportation would be provided by Hyungman.”
Then this gorgeous woman came over and handed me a paper with tomorrow’s schedule.
The boys didn’t have anything in particular because they didn’t start promoting until everything was done.
I was to fit them tomorrow around 3pm to 7pm.

I have to go to the sample room Jenny showed me a couple of days ago and find the clothes that I need.
Apparently BigBang is a big name here so it wasn’t that hard to get the clothes that I wanted.  Some of the things that I grabbed were well over 10 grand, but they gave it to me willingly.
I also called up some of the residing designers in Korea to see if I can borrow some of their designs.  
Those days I had to travel all over Korea to get the proper clothes that I thought would be right for the concept.
I didn’t mind though.   This is what I love doing.  Surrounding myself in clothes.


But while I was doing all of this, I was still uncomfortable.  I had that small aching feeling somewhere deep inside and it bothered me throughout the whole day.  I knew it was because I saw Jiyong.  I told myself that I forgot about him a long time ago.
The feeling didn’t go away.

I called Jenny on the same day to help me with all the errands and told her that she was to assist me tomorrow for the fittings.
She was ecstatic.  She was a fan of BigBang.


Tomorrow was Today.
I had everything ready and was just waiting for Hyungman to come and pick us up.  Jenny was way too dressed up for a fitting, but she said that it was because she was meeting the love of her life.  She needed to look good.

“Myung!  I’m here!”
It was Hyungman.  
“Coming!  Hello Hyungman!”  I opened the door for him.  “I need help with the clothes.  Would all of these fit in the car?”
“Whoa!  There must be at least 200 different pieces here.  How did you get all of these?”
“It was a pretty busy day.”  I laughed.
“Okay…well then I will have to call for back up.”