AREN’T WE GOING A LITTLE TOO FAST?

DAZED AND CONFUSED

“Oppa…aren’t we going a little too fast?  We can’t do this now.  It’s not right.”
He stopped in front of his room and turned around to look at me.
“Amelie, I’m not going to do anything to you.  I just wanted to properly show you my room.”
“Oh..i see…um…sorry…”
I got ahead of myself. I know.  I know.  I am a COMPLETE ert.  But if you have someone as luscious as THAT, man oh man, you can’t help yourself.
He just laughed and took me in.
His room was the same as I have remembered it.  It was clean and well kept, with the wall of clothes still present.  His computer was still there, but…where was his notebook?
“And this is my clothes section.  I only come here once in a while, so I don’t have that much here.”
What was he talking about?  He had a wall dedicated to clothing.  How big was his section back in Korea?
“So that is basically it.  There is nothing much in my room, but I still wanted to show you.” He squeezed my hand.
“I see.  It seems pretty simple.  Except your wall of clothes.  That is insane.”
“I’m interested in fashion.  And I have to look good constantly if I want to keep my job.”
“As a celebrity.”
“Yes.”
“ Well, I figured you were interested in clothing ever since I saw you in that Armani jacket.”
He grinned then. “You knew it was an Armani classic?”
“Of course.”  I stuck up my nose proudly. “I worship fashion.  It may be true that I don’t fit the sizes that the designers make, but the art of clothes is my life.”
“I never knew you were THAT interested.  I mean, I can see that you dress well, but I never knew that you took fashion very seriously.”
I blushed a little when he said that I dressed well.  When you work at a fashion industry, no one compliments your look because everyone looks good.  It’s kind of something mandatory, so the compliments are only to get some brownie points.
“So Amelie…how do you like my room?  Its pretty plain isn’t it?  Most of my stuff is in Korea.”
“Oh right.  Korea.  Where you live.”
He chuckled.  “Yes.  Where I live.”  He paused and then said, “ What do you want to do now?”
“I have a question…oppa.”
“Uh-huh.  What is it?”  He looked at me with anticipating eyes…like he was actually curious of my question.
“Where is your notebook….with those passages?  The lyrics?”  I looked back up to him and saw that he was looking down and he got quiet.
I guess I wasn’t supposed to know about the notebook.  Maybe it was like a diary and I intruded in his space.
“I’m sorry oppa.  I didn’t mean to go looking into your stuff like that.  I just caught a glimpse of it when I was in your room before.”
He placed each of his hands on each of my shoulders and led me to the desk.  He made me sit on the chair and then he started to fiddle with the computer a little.  He then placed a pair of huge headphones.
All this time I was trying to protest, but I was pretty speechless.  I kind of thought that this was a payback for looking at his private stuff, but…
Then a song came out from the headphones.  
It was soft, beautiful….gentle…kind of reluctant and scared…curious…but so beautiful.  It made me think of a nice meadow with perfect weather.  Just basking in the sun and seeing a nice family of ducks.
Then the lyrics came out….


Why can’t you get out of my mind?
It was just the two of us in a filled room.
Emotion filled me up…
I just didn’t know what to do.
I was scared because I didn’t think you would accept me
You were so much more better than me
Yet you didn’t see the worth and beauty that I saw
Radiating from every part of your being
I don’t know if you know
I don’t know if you would ever know
But you’re beautiful
And I don’t know if you love me
Oh, I don’t know if I would ever know
If you would love me

But I can’t forget about you.
I would never forget about you.
I don’t think I can.
I know that I can’t.


Then the song ended with the soft and gently melody again.
It was such a beautiful song.  
And I was left speechless.


I felt confused.  Dazed.  Like I’ve been shot by a gun, not knowing what exactly just happened, but knowing that deep down, I was dying.
But this was all positive.  Think of it as a …..pink fluffy nice gun…that killed me for the better.
I was dazed and I didn’t say anything.  I just teared up.
He cared about me so much.
And I was so stupid to think that he didn’t care.  That this was all a pity.  My inner voice still was trying to object to this whole matter, but I knew now what my heart was trying to tell me all a long.
That I was in love.
That I was in love with Jiyong.

And even if he wasn’t in love with me….at least he cared enough to write a song…about me….about how he feels….about…us.
US.
I only came back to the real world when he took off the headphones from me.
He turned the chair around and made me face him, face to face.
He looked deeply into my eyes.
“Amelie…I started writing this when I first saw you.  It was weird, but for some reason, I kept on thinking about you.  Seeing you in my mind and feeling you with my heart.  And then…all of a sudden….I made this song…while our love bloomed together.  I know that it may seem sudden….I was actually not planning to show you this song, but since you already found out about the book, I figured this would be the best time.”
I didn’t know what to say.  I was lost.  He was being genuine….he was being real.
“Amelie…I know that we’ve only met a couple of times.  And everything seems like its going so fast, but it seems so real and right.  I know that I’ll be leaving soon, and every part of my body doesn’t want to go, doesn’t want to leave you…but you know that I’ll go.  But I just wanted to tell you that I won’t forget you.  Ever.  You made me feel love again in a very long time.”
“I-“
I was still pretty much speechless.
“I know that I’m putting to much on you right know. But I want you to know.  And I don’t know if you feel the same way.  But I just want you to know that I really like you.  And I care for you.”
“I-“
The speech. Is. Killing. Me.
But then everything was okay.


Because.
Because.
Because.


He pulled me closer and kissed me.
He kissed me to the stars and back.
When he pulled away slowly…our breathing a little rattled…
I said,
“I thought you promised not to make the first move until I was ready.”
He looked at me with a confused look at first and then he grinned.


Because
Because
Because


I kissed him then.  A happy smiling kiss.  A kiss where we were the only people in the entire universe.  Where the butterflies in our stomachs came out one by one, unraveling and making small flowers all around us.