HELLO ARROGANT MY NAME IS AMELIE.

DAZED AND CONFUSED

Okay.  Here I am at the airport waiting for these big bonbons or what ever their name is.  It is 9:00a.m.  I have been here for 2 hours.

It is 10:30.  I have been here for 3 hours and 30 minutes.

Right when I was about to give the finger and leave the port, a group of screaming girls started to stampede in my direction.  
Well then, I never knew my fan base grew to be this big.  Maybe they found me on facebook (a networking blog).
Wait no, they are screaming at a group of guys behind me…Ooh, their cute.  And, Oh my goodness, is that the studded vintage couture Armani jacket from the fall 1985 collection?  That’s like 20 thousand right there.  And it is epic.  Best jacket ever made.
The boy who was wearing the jacket was pretty epic too.  If I do say so myself.
He wasn’t as tall as I would have want him to be (what am I saying?), but he was very attractive.  He had pretty boyish features and a lean-built body with broad shoulders and an aura about him that just made you drool.  I can see why those girls started to scream-stampede.
He wasn’t the only one there of course.  There were 4 others, all very attractive, but very different from each other.
The tallest member was drop-dead gorgeous and had that smoldering eye, but also had that cute baby dimple grin.  Another guy had a cap on slid to the side of his head and looked like a warm gentle person (he reminded me of an r&b hip hop artist).  The guy that was laughing really loudly seemed like he was having a good time, even if he was at an airport, and the last member was busy blowing kisses to the screaming adolescent girls.

Stop oogling.  I need to find those kids.  How many were they anyways?
I just took out the “BIG BANG” sign out from my Balenciaga purse and started waving it towards the crowd coming out through the door.  When I finally tried to move my eyes and concentrate on finding the kids, the epic man walked towards me and stands right in front of me blocking my view.

“Excuse me.  I need to find a group named Big Bang, would it be possible if you can move a bit please?” I started to jump up and down so I can look past him.

Then the rest of his friends came over and they all started to block my view.  Great.  What were their problem?  I don’t want to get scolded by Char again.

The guy with the cap then raised his hand and introduced himself, “Hello, I’m Taeyang from Big Bang.”

Oh.  That’s why they were covering me.
“Hi, my name is Seungri, I’m the youngest.”  The player who blew those kisses smiled and shook my hand.
“I’m Daesung.  Nice to meet you.” The smiley boy said with a huge smile across his face.  Why is he smiling like that?
“I’m Top.” The tall member said.  “And this is Jiyong.” As he nodded to the epic man who was staring at me.

God.  What have I gotten into.  If I knew I was going to be babysitting 5 gorgeous men, I would have worn something better than this plaid shirt I got from Thank You Mart.

“Nice to meet you.  I’m Amelie and I will be your tour guide for—“
Where the hell is that epic man going?  So he is not going to listen to me?  He doesn’t care?  .  Normally, even if you don’t feel like talking to people, you still stay there and listen.  Well, maybe not listen, but at least PRETEND you are listening.

Whatever.

“As I was saying, I will be your tour guide for you guys while you are here.  Please feel free to ask me anything.”

“I love America!” Exclaimed Daesung as he started to clap his hands together and started to jump up and down.

“Me too, I can just imagine the noonas here.  Oh by the way, Amelie-sshi, how old are you?”

“I’m 20.  Or at least I will be soon.”
“Hey you’re like me! We can be friends!” Screamed Daesung and slung his arm around my shoulders.

As I promptly took of his arm from my shoulder, Seungri goes, “can I call you noona?”

. Korean customs.  I forgot about that.  Ever since I stopped having Korean friends since high school, I forgot the whole oppa, hyung, noona, unni fiasco.

“Sure.  Whatever you like.”
“Hey Amelie, can we leave now, those girls seem like they are going to eat us alive. “ Top said.

I totally forgot about those hyenas.  Seriously…these girls look like they’re from middle school.  Shouldn’t they be at school?


We got into the limo that the magazine provided for us and started to leave the airport.

We started to talk a little to get to know each other and I found out that they came to America to work on their music.  They some of their own, and it wasn’t too bad.  It was pretty upbeat and the melody was pretty easy to follow.

I also found out that Top was the oldest, but only by two years from me, and Taeyang and Jiyong was 1 year older.  And apparently they are REALLY famous in Korea.  But I guess that makes sense, seeing as how there were over 100 screaming girls at the airport.

“Where are you taking us, noona?” Seungri asked with curious eyes.
“Your place that you guys would be at for the 3 months or so.”
“Is it big?” asked Daesung.
“Is it nice?” asked Seungri
“I don’t know.  I haven’t been there myself yet, but I’m pretty sure it would be amazing.  One of your uncles arranged all of this. Do you know who’s uncle it is?” I asked.

“Oh, that would be Jiyong’s uncle.” Taeyang answered.

Of course.  The Armani jacket epic man.  How could I have missed it.
Then I looked over at him, and he looked well….sad.
He was absolutely…HOT! (sorry) but he was looking out of the window, listening to the music and seemed so….sad.  Like he didn’t want to be here.  Like he wanted to be alone.
“Noona, Jiyong hyung gets moody at times.  And he doesn’t like America much either.” Seungri was apparently reading my mind.
“Why not?”
“His ex lives here.”
Ah.  The old cliché story of a sad heart-wrenching break up that one would never ever be able to forget.  He’s probably listening to some emo music and thinking about how sad his life is.  He probably never forgot about this girl and still is in absolute love with her.
“-but she’s not what you think.  She treated him badly.  She only used him for his fame and then left him when she found someone richer.  That’s how she lives here.  Maybe you might now her, noona. “

How the would I know this chick.  There are a million girls out there in Los Angeles.  And I’m not a social person, so knowing this chick……yeah not happening.
“What’s her name?” I asked.
“Claire Sohn.”
Wait.  I heard that name before. No. It can’t be her.
“Does this Claire call herself C.S.?”
“Yeah… I think that’s what it was.  Something about Completely y or something like that.” Daesung chimed in.
“More like Crap er.”
Wait. Did I just say that out loud. .  My bad.
Jiyong was looking at me now.

“I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to talk bad about your ex.  I’m so sorry. It’s none of my business.” He probably thinks I’m some now (Does it even matter?)
“It’s cool.” And then he looks back out the window.

The first thing he says to me is…”It’s cool”? No you jerk wad, it is NOT cool.  You don’t even talk to me, or smile, or listen when I talk….once in a while you’ll start staring at me…like I was some freak-show or something.  Am I that hideous for you to ignore me completely?
Why am I over-reacting?

“So how do you know C.S.?” Taeyang asked.
“ Oh, we were high school buddies.  But not really buddies.” I laughed.

She was actually the worst person a person can be.  She would spit at you, hit you, make fun of you, embarrass you…all in a day’s work.  Most of the time she just made fun of me being fat and ugly, but I’m fine now.  She just only tramatized my high school experience, but I’m fine.

“Hey, we’re here!” Top shouted.  For a guy that looks like a quiet charismatic type, he sure can get giddy.
The house was nice.  No actually…it was a mansion.  No..a castle.  It had the pillars, big windows, spiraling stair case.  The works.  Man.  No wonder Char has to do him favors.

“So I will be going now.  I will come over tomorrow in the morning to show-“ Just as I was about to finish…there goes epic man leaving without a goodbye.  What is his problem?  Yeah maybe I just called the love of his life a crap er but she called me a obese moose that wears fakies.  I do not wear “fakies”.  EVER.  The obese moose part didn’t get to me as much.  
But still…. This guy shouldn’t be so upset over it.  He said it was cool.

“Alright! See you later Amelie!”
“Bye Amelie!”
“Good night Noona!”
“Peace!”

I can just imagine what tomorrow will bring me.

But Jiyong with Claire?
I chuckled under my breath and left the castle.