START OVER

DAZED AND CONFUSED

So after that whole fiasco about me thinking that Jiyong was upset. Everything went back to normal.
Or as normal as everything would be after that kind of incident.

You probably thought that this story would be over by now with a nice touching “I love you”.  But no.
The story is far from over.
I told you that he knew that I was Amelie from the start, but nothing happened….well…nothing of the I love you sort happened. Yet.


Okay.  This is what happened.


After he whispered that he missed me, Amelie (not Myung), I just crashed into his arms.  Let out a good liter of water. And then let go.


Yes. Let go.  As in I pushed him away.  As in I pulled myself away from his embrace.


Why?  Why would I do that?  Because despite him missing me, there is still nothing “official” going on between us. And yes you may be rolling your eyes right now, and it may seem like he truly cares for me, but we haven’t seen each other for 3 years.  He never called me.  He never tried to reach me.  It was a pity week of dating because I was being a fan girl and begged him to date me.  Plus, he’s epic man remember?  He needs an epic girl.  Not me.


Yeah I know.


I may be fashionable and rich….and skinny…but still.
I haven’t been affirmed that he really truly likes me.
I went through a lot of pain those past 3 years you know.
That’s why I even went away from my job in California, moved to a country that I have never lived before, and changed my identity.


Okay…



So I pulled away from his embrace after my little emotional moment and I just looked at him.
Apparently he probably saw my confused face because he just smirked and led me to my bed.  We sat down and he told me everything.


It went something like this…


“Amelie….Myung…Amelie….” Fidgets with beanie. Looks over to my direction.  Looks down at the ground. “I didn’t know that you would be there….as our new stylist, but when I looked up, I realized it was you.  I wasn’t so sure at first, because you seem to be bold…even a little stuck up even….but then as time went on…I realized it was just you…trying to keep up a façade when you didn’t have to.”


“But” I tried to cut in…


“I know….why didn’t I say that I knew it was you from the start?  Because…we haven’t seen each other in 3 years.  A lot of stuff happened in that time.  We both grew, and I could see that you definitely changed as well.  You were too great for me…and I didn’t want to pull you down by asking you if you were Amelie.  You introduced yourself as Myung, why would I intercept that?  You probably had your reason to change you name.  And I guess I could understand.” He gives a glance towards me and fidgets with his hands a bit.


He started to talk again.


“I saw you for the first time, and honestly, I had a mixture of emotions that I didn’t know what it really was.  I was angry, sad, nostalgic, happy, just everything that someone would feel….except at one time.  Then I kept on telling myself that it wasn’t you.  That I was just going crazy again…but there were so many signs that you were you.  You always loved fashion, and loved shopping.  You were always such a sweet girl….caring…nice….even if you don’t have to be.  You always tried to make another feel better….and you always thought of the other more than yourself.  And lastly….i was sure it was you when you sang.  Behind the back of my mind I knew that there was a chance that I was really crazy and it wasn’t you…but when you sang for me...that day…I knew for sure that it was you.  I could never forget that voice.  That voice….that voice…the first thing that made me know you.”


He looked at me intensely now.


“But…” I was still a bit hazy.


“Yes?”


“A good portion of that time…you were angry with me.  You didn’t want to speak to me…”


“Well…I told you.  I was kind of angry with you.  You disappeared for 3 years.  And plus I was jealous because you changed so much.”


“I disappeared?” I said with an eyebrow


“You changed your phone.  You moved.  I couldn’t get a hold of you at the magazine because someone would always say that you were out or busy or some bull like that.”


“I….well…I did change my phone.  And I did move…but that was because I wanted to start over.”


“See. You wanted to start over.  There was no point in me trying to get you back.”


“No….I did that because I wanted to forget about you.  It pained me too much.  I was con….” I was looking at him and sighed.


“what.” He said.


“I’m just going to say it.  I’m sick and tired of beating around the bush.”


I looked at him now.


“I didn’t want to think about you because it hurt me too much.  One of the best moments of my life was when I was with you.  I never truly had someone treat me that way…a way it seemed…at least for me….affectionate….as if he really cared.  Of course I ended up falling for you…and that is why I begged you to...be with me for a week.  I finally knew that I was thinking about it too deeply when it was finally over.  And I realized I needed to get back to reality.  It’s not like I wanted to.  Of course not.  But it wasn’t real.  What we had.  It was a dream.  It was perfect for me.  But….you moved on.”


“I didn’t move on.” He argued.


“You don’t understand how the last 3 years were for me.  I was so angry with you for running away from me like that.  I knew you were the one that finally wanted me to be with you, but in the end…it was because I wanted to be with you.  And continue to be together.  I didn’t think that the parting at the airport would be our last.  I promised myself that.  But you ran away.  I figured you didn’t love me as much as I thought you did.  And then…I spent the past just with work.  I was pained too.”


“I….”


“Amelie.” He grabbed my hands.


I gazed up at his face and saw his yearning eyes.


“I’m still not so sure.  With everything that has happened…but”


“start over?” I finished his sentence.


He gave me a puzzled look for a couple of seconds.  Then he smiled a little and laid down on the bed.


I sighed too and laid beside him.  We were both looking up at the ceiling as if there was something interesting going on up there…and we just laid there in silence.


Then a question popped into my head.


“Do the other guys know that I’m Amelie?”


He smiled.


“They knew way before I did.”


“And…what’s going to happen with the press…?”


“Don’t worry.  It’ll be worked out.”