!

DAZED AND CONFUSED

“This is bull!  I told you!  I don’t want to do some stupid dating program!”  Jiyong was yelling over the phone.
“ing piece of !”  He threw the phone across the room.


I went over to their apartment to show them the concept for their next music video, but Jiyong was fuming after a certain phone call.
The other boys looked up from the concept papers and were staring at Jiyong.


Top spoke up, “Is it that thing Muse is doing?” (Muse is a tv network)
Taeyang spoke up too, “Yeah, we all got that phone call.  Apparently our PR agent thinks it would be good for us to be in the show.
Jiyong took off his beanie and messed with his hair.
“Hyung!  It would be fun.  We can meet other girls!” Seungri said.
I touched Seungri on the arm gently and whispered, “I don’t think that would help Seungri.”
Jiyong was coldly glaring at Seungri.
I tried to make the mood better.
“Come on!  It will be all right.  Think of it as a new experience.  And you never know…you would probably meet your soul mate.” I said with a smile. (even if I wasn’t really smiling on the inside)
Jiyong looked at me as if he was trying to see if I was kidding.

After the talk we had, Jiyong promised to fix everything including the scandal we had and about whether or not I was to stay as Amelie or Myung.  A week has gone by, everyone was still calling me Myung, and I guess his version of “it’ll be worked out” was going on a reality dating show?


“I’m going to go outside.  I’ll be back.” He said coldly and left.


Then Top said something, “You should go cheer him up.”
“How am I going to cheer him up?”
“Go.”


I felt that it was kind of childish that he was being so worked up about fake dating some beautiful girl over tv.  It was all for publicity.  Nothing more.


“Oppa.  Wait.”  I ran up to him.  He was walking away from the apartment.
He stopped but didn’t look back.
“How did you get here so fast?  I thought I was right behind you.” I joked.
He didn’t laugh.  He wasn’t even facing me either.


“Oppa.”  I touched his arm.


He turned around with painful eyes.  He looked hurt.  He looked tired.
“I wanted to solve our problem about the scandal and everything, but this was not how I pictured it.”
“I know that this is something that you don’t want to do, but this would be good for you.  This way, the scandal would be gone…and all the fans want to see how you would act with a girl on a date.   I know you don’t like doing this kind of stuff, but you told me that you have to do certain things when you are under an agency and when you are famous.  Remember?” I said while I was still grabbing onto his arm.  I was still looking at him, but his face was looking at the ground.

“Amelie…”


“Yes?”


Please feel better….I thought.


“Do you really want to start over?” He asked.  He looked at me with hopefully eyes.
I was taken aback.  I didn’t expect him to ask that question.
“I…I…”
He looked towards the sky and sighed.  He grabbed my hand and laced his fingers around mine.


I started to turn beet red and I stared at him.  He looked at me and we caught each other’s eyes.  Then I was the one looking down at the ground.


“Amelie.”


I looked up.
Of course I didn’t want to start over.  Starting over could mean..that all of that….those….feelings that I had….maybe what he had for me…might be gone.  I know that him having a relationship right now is out of the question…but still.  I only said that we should start over because I didn’t want my feelings to get hurt again.
“Let’s go inside…oppa.  Come on.”
I pulled him towards the apartment.  Our hands were still linked together.


“Amelie.”
I looked at him.


“Don’t worry.  If that crosses the line, I’ll beat her up for you.” I joked.  I gave him a huge smile.


“Okay?”


He looked at me and smiled.
We walked quietly back to the apartment.