VACATION PART 1

DAZED AND CONFUSED

“Why is it so bloody hot in Korea in the summer?” I said while positioning myself in front of the fan.
“We have an AC unnie.  And it is always this hot in Korea.” Jenny said matter-of-factly.
“This is the cause of global warming I tell you! And I know that we have an AC.  But we need to conserve energy.”


Ring Ring Ring
Ring Ring Ring


“I’ll get it!” Jenny said
“Hello?  Yes…Yes….Okay…I’ll tell her.  Goodbye.”
“Who is it?”
“It’s Mr. Yang.  He wants you to come by for a meeting this afternoon.”
“In the afternoon?  It’s going to be blazing outside!”
“Sorry.  It’s important.”
“Ugghh…” I groaned.
I wish I were at the North Pole.

I am sweating like a pig.
Why must it be so uncontrollably hot in Korea?
I know that it is July and it should be this hot…but come on.
IT IS TOO HOT.
“Good Afternoon Myung.  How are you?” Mr. Yang asked.
“I’m good thank you…aside from the blazing sun.” I was fanning myself.
I was only wearing a tank top and slouch pants, but it was too hot.
“It is very hot.” One of the staff members said whiningly.

“Okay.  So the reason I brought a meeting into order today is because Bigbang is taking part of a variety show filmed in Bora Bora.” Mr. Yang announced.
Okay…..summer clothes.  Swim wear, overshirts, wifebeaters, slippers, sandals, shorts, and shirts.
Check.
“Ohhhh….are they doing that couple game show that’s all the rage right now?” Another staff member asked.
“Yes.”
Couple game?
Okay.  Suits, nice jackets, pants, cardigans….
“Not all of the staff members would be able to go, so only half of the normal staff and…..Myung will go.”
What?  I’m going?  Don’t stylists not go to these things?
“Yes Myung.  Normally stylIsts do not go to these kind of things, but 3G is going as well.  There would be two groups from our agency that will be representing, so I think it would be good if you go and help them out with their styling.”
Well.  
If they need my help then.
OF COURSE I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO BORA BORA!!!!!
IT’S TOO HOT HERE ANYWAY.

“Okay.  Meeting is adjourned.  I will be needing a report from this show after it happens Sally.”
“Yes sir.”

YES!

I’m GOING TO BORA BORA!!!!!!!

-----



“JENNY! GUESS WHERE I AM GOING FOR A WEEK?”
“Where?” Jenny looked up from her magazine.
“BORA BORA!”
I screamed and rolled all over the living room.  I was ecstatic.
“Lucky!” She stood up now.
“Do I get to go?” She asked
I stopped rolling.
“I don’t think so.  Mr. Yang only allowed two staff and me to go.  I guess the show could only afford a few staff for each celebrity.”
She pouted. “I want to go…”
“Sorry buddy.  Besides…you need to be here and keep our house company.  And you need to assist the others. Plus, you have school.”
“But…”
“Yes?”
“Fine.”
She went back to looking at the magazine.
I laid beside her.
“Ohh…YSL.  Do you like those shoes? I was thinking about getting a pair for myself.”
“Yes.  But I can never afford those.” She sighed.
Oh ….how I remember the days when I was not able to afford the luxuries of having fabulous fashion.
I cleared my throat.
“Because I feel so bad...for leaving you all by yourself.  I’ll call a few of my people and get you a pair.” I smiled at her.
She looked up from her magazine, eyes wide.
“WHAT? YOU’RE GOING TO GET ME A PAIR OF THE YSL SHOES?”
She was screaming and jumping up and down now.
“Calm down.  Yes.  I am going to get you a pair because you have been such a good assistant.”
I was planning on getting her a gift anyway.
Besides…from the whole top stylist and being a panel in a television show, I get a good income.
I need to spend it somewhere.

“ I LOVE YOU SO SO SO MUCH! I PROMISE I WILL DO YOUR LAUNDRY FOREVER!” She was hugging me so tight that I felt my bra was going to bust.
I pushed her back.
“I would like to do my own laundry thank you.  You ruined my chiffon shirt last time.”
She laughed.
“Thank you.  I really appreciate it.”
“Don’t even worry about it. It’s my gift.”
“Unnie?”
“Yes jenny?”
“WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO WEAR TO BORA BORA?”
We were both screaming up and down now.
SHOPPING HERE WE COME!!!!!

--------



“Are those clothes for us…or for you?” Daesung asked.
“Excuse me…but only half of the suitcases are mine.  I had to let a lot of them go because then, none of your clothes would fit.”
It was true.  Doesn’t he know that a woman needs to be especially fashionable during vacation?  Besides…this is all the benefit for them.  They wouldn’t want a horribly dressed stylist.
Daesung just shook his head and took my bags.
“Are you excited?” Top asked.
“I am so excited.  I’m going to have so much fun.  The humidity here was killing me.” I said.
“Yeah.  I’m pretty excited too.  Promise to hang out with me for one day?” Top asked.
“Of course!  I don’t know anyone but you guys.”
“Okay.  Here are your tickets.  The gate number is 127, the plane is going to leave soon, so we should better get going.” Hyungman said.
I was practically squealing from excitement.
Come on now people.  BORA BORA.
Endless parties, beaches, eats, just lounging and doing nothing, and the little cute shops.
GAH!
I got my ticket from Hyungman and started to walk.
“Sally!  Where are you sitting?”
Sally was the coordinator.  She fixed anything that went wrong with their outfit, hair, or makeup.
She was tall and very attractive, but she hid herself behind oversized glasses and clothes.
“Myung!  I’m sitting C103.  What about you?  Please tell me your sitting next to me.  I don’t want to end up sitting next to Hyungman.  I heard that he has very bad sleeping habits.”
“Oh. Ew.  Um…I’m…C80?  Oh no.  I’m far away from you.”
“Oh.  It’s okay.  Maybe we can trade seats with someone.”
“Okay.”


“Good evening!  Thank you for choosing Bora Airlines.”
I stepped into the plane, rushed with excitement.  The whole plane was filled with celebrities and staff members for the show.
I looked around for my seat.
C50, C60, C70, C75…

AHA! C80!
Window seat!  YES!  I want to see the scenery anyway.
I took my seat, and put my purse next to my feet.

This was going to be such a fabulous trip.
As the Bigbang members filed in to their seats, I yelled out to Top.
“Top oppa!  Where are you sitting?”
“Uh….C102.”
“Hey!  That’s next to Sally.”
I turned around to find Sally and gave her a thumbs up.  She smiled and blushed a little.
I think I heard somewhere that she had a little crush on Top.
I was hoping to get at least one of the boys.  I’m going to be too bored without them.
Daesung?
Nope.
Taeyang?
Nope
Seungri?
Nope.
Damn.
Jiyong.
Please. Please. Not Jiyong.
He stopped at my aisle, looked at me for a good second,  and put his bag on top.
.
Well…as long as he sits at C82, instead of C81, then I am fine.
Yes!  He took the C82 spot.
“Hey.”  I said to Jiyong.
“Hey.”  He said quietly.  He put on his headphones and listened to music.
This is good.  No conversation was better for me too.  I normally end up getting mad or saying something that I regret later anyways with him so…no talk…is good.
“Honey!  I’m sitting next to you!” squealed his girlfriend.
If I didn’t tell you about this girlfriend before, I deeply apologize.  I was probably on breakdown mode then so I couldn’t really tell you.
So…she is the leader of 3G, a 3 girl dance group.  Jiyong produces for them and they are the new “HOT” stuff in Korea.  She is absolutely gorgeous with her mile legs, long glossy hair, and pouty lips.  Well….half of the stuff may be fake, but she looked good fake.  She can’t sing for , but she looked good on the album and on television.  And most of the time, that’s all what the businesses needed.  A pretty girl and some good music equipment that made her sound good.
And she was the girlfriend of the most coveted G-dragon of Bigbang.
And her name was Yojung.  Translation: Fairy.

Jiyong didn’t say anything.  It’s probably because of his loud music.
“HONEY!  I don’t want middle.  Can you move?  I’ll probably need to go use the restroom a lot.”  She yelled next to his ear.

Jiyong opened one eye, and scooted to the seat next to me.
DAMN!

Not only will he be sitting next to me, but also the couple is probably going to be all lovey dovey with each other.

I hate lovey dovey couples.
I stood up and turned around for some help.
Sally caught my eye and she just frowned and mouthed an “I’m sorry.”
I sat back down.
Its ok.  I’ll just listen to some of my music.  It’s only going be around 5-6 hours.  That’s like a nap and some good music.  Don’t they give us some food in between?  Maybe a midnight snack?  And besides…I have a few fashion magazines.
I’m all set.
“Honey.  I’m so glad that I traded my ticket with Seungri to sit here.  I don’t know what I would do for 6 hours without you.”  She leaned her head on his shoulder.
I need a barf bag.

“The airplane will now depart.  Please fasten your seatbelts and turn off all cellphones.  Thank you.” The pilot stated over the intercom.

BORA BORA HERE I COME.
I put on my earphones and listened to an old album of The Killers.
Such a classic.

I don’t know how long I slept because the airplane was dark now.
I wonder who put this blanket on me.
Hm…..
Why is everything sideways?
Oh.  I was leaning on something.
OMG.
Is that Jiyong’s shoulder I was leaning on?
“Sorry!”  I yelled.
I propped my head and moved away from him as much as possible.
. Stupid!  How did I go to sleep!
And even if I did go to sleep...it shouldn’t be on his shoulder.
He opened his eyes, and took off his headphones.
“Don’t worry about it.”  He said was a small smile.

Why was he being so nice to me?
And where was his girlfriend that was lying on his shoulder before I dozed off?
“Where’s Fairy?”
“She went off to see what Gina was doing.”
Gina was the other member of the group.
“Oh.” I coughed a little.
He started to put his headphones on and I asked a question then
“Did you put this blanket on me?”
“Oh. …yeah.” He said shyly.
“Oh….um….thank you.”
I turned bright red.  Stop thinking about it. Stop thinking about it.
I hate awkward moments.
I repositioned myself so I was facing normal.  I cleared my throat and just put my earphones back on.
Should I say something else?  So I wouldn’t make things awkward?
He was being kind.
“Opp-“
Oh.  He was already sleeping.
He had his eyes closed and his headphones were back on.  I wonder what he listens to.
He looks so nice sleeping.
Like…When I first saw him sleeping that day.  That day when so many things happened.  My first time I was on the same bed with a man.

I sighed and laid back down.
What was the use.  I couldn’t forget about him.
“Myung?”
I opened my eyes and saw that Jiyong had his eyes open and was looking straight at me.
“Is there something wrong?”
“Uh…no. Everything is fine.” I looked away.
Everything wasn’t fine.
Despite me wanting to forget you, I can’t.  Every time I see you, I ache to be with you.
Its wrong I know.  I should move on.
I’m so selfish.
“Here.  Listen to this.  It will calm you down a little.” And he took off my earphones and gave me one of his earphones.
When did he change his headphones?
Ohh…nice peaceful music.
I never knew he listened to Bon Iver.  I mean...he was Korean….I didn’t know that he would listen to something very American.  But then again…he is a singer and an artist.  He probably has a very LARGE music collection.
“I love them.” I said while my eyes were closed.
“Me too.” He said.
“How do you know about them?”
“Our fans gave us a collection of music.”
“Hm….I see.”
After Bon Iver, a range of calm peaceful songs came out.  I relaxed a little.
I know that I shouldn’t be doing this, but he gave me the earphone, I couldn’t object.

This was so nice.  The music.  Our breathing in unison.

“Oppa!  What are you doing?” Fairy came back.
“Hm?  Listening to some music.” Jiyong said lazily
“Yeah. I can see that.  But you are doing it with…her!”  She hissed out her in his open ear.
“Yeah.  So?” He said.
I jumped in.
“Oh. Sorry.”  I took off the earphone.  “I was getting pretty stressed out so Jiyong oppa gave me one of his earphones.”
She just gave me a death glare and snatched the earphone away from me.
She put it into her ear.
“Oppa!  This song is horrible.  It’s so boring!  Don’t you have anything fun and exciting?” She whined.

Why does she have to talk like a five year old?  Was it absolutely necessary?

“Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen.  We will land in an hour. “ The pilot announced over the intercom.
I opened to window to look out then.
It was beautiful.
It wasn’t as bright as the cities, but the lighting was gorgeous.  It felt like a wonderland.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?”  
Jiyong was leaning in towards me looking out the window then.

I think my heart stopped.
I looked at his face (it was like an inch away from me) and squeaked out “yeah”.

But it was true.  It was beautiful.
I can’t breathe.

I think I heard Fairy grumble a little now and Jiyong took the hint that he should stop looking at the window. He sat back down in his seat.

I’m here.