LBD. Long Black Dress.

DAZED AND CONFUSED

“So how was your pick up?”
“Very good Char, they were all very kind people.”  Except that who kept on leaving when I was talking.
“Very good.  And you went to get breakfast with them this morning?”
“Yes, well….not all of them.  I only ended up going with everyone except Jiyong.  It seems his jetlag is worse than the others.”
“He has always been a horrible morning person.”

How does she know.  Well she probably slept over at that castle a couple of times so…yeah I think I might know why she knows.

“So Amelie.  You cannot forget that we have the Visible party next week and I hope that you have a dress?  You are being my representative, so you should look somewhat pleasant.  Or at least…as decent as a chubster gets.”

Seriously.  I love Charlotte Park.  But if she keeps on commenting about my weight,  I will not like it. (I cant do anything else.  She is my boss after all.)

“No. I’m afraid I cannot afford a nice dress.”
“My goodness. That simply will not do.  Go over to Alexander.  Tell him to make a dress for you.  Size X-Large.”
Another comment. Great.

“Thank you.”




Alexander is the fashion director in the magazine and he can do anything and everything.  Guy can whip up something fabulous out of his if he wanted to.  But he is just too chic to do that.

“Darling, it is always good to see you.  How are you?  Quite plump still I see.”
God!  What is it with people in the fashion world?  We write editorials about loving yourself for whatever size you are all the time, but if you WORK for the fashion industry you need to look exactly like the models, only smarter.
“I’m good. Alexander…I don’t need to be a size 2.  I’m not a model.” I stated.
“Yes, but you’re like a size 10, that means your obese.” Alexander responded curtly.
“Whatever…so are you going to make me a dress or not?”
“I will and I will make you look fabulous, even if you resemble my grandma, Tootsie.

Who the is TOOTSIE?

2 hours 47 minutes and 25 seconds later, Alexander made a beautiful low back black evening gown that fell unto the floor like a chocolate waterfall.  It had flowing sleeves that grazed my elbows and was made from 100% organic silk.
This guy was a genius.
And I hate to say it…because most of the time I compliment the garment, not myself, but…I looked good.

I may not look like a size 2, but definitely somewhere…along a 6…ish.

“Thank you so much Alexander.  You are a fashion god.”
“I know.  But I do this for you because I like making you fabulous.  You’re like a challenge to me every time.  It is so much easier making something for a model, but you….you’re very difficult.”
“Thank you…I think.”
“Well…I have an appointment with Pat Fields, so take this dress…do not iron it….hang it up flat….and…don’t eat. At all. Until the party.”
“But what if it gets big?”
“Honey, I’m afraid of you GAINING weight, not LOSING weight.”
K.O. He got me there.  For some reason, I always end up gaining than losing….
“Got to go. Busy, busy, busy as always.  Ciao Sweetie.”

O.k. I got this fabulous dress.  And I got a pair of Miu Miu’s from the stock room. (We always borrow from there.)  And I had a pair of vintage cascade earrings that I bought at a costume place a while back.  I also have all the supportive undies.
I am ready to go to this fantastic party.