The Painful Truth

Moonlight Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun sat in his couch at home, drinking his green tea while trying to calm his nerves down. For two days ago he was on the police station for some interrogation, but in the end they send him back to the hospital, who send him home. His doctor gave him some medicine and some advise before he had to rush to another patient, and Baekhyun just got home by the bus.

 

So here he is, two days later, in his almost scary lonely apartment, just waiting for someone to come and kill him. He knows that Brad got away, how? Well he just have a feeling that he got away, because he threw Park Chanyeol who is a detective right into the well, beside the bed he were laying in.


 

“Huh, I can't take this.”

 

 

Baekhyun put away the tea as he was going to bed, he wasn't tired and it was in the middle of the day, but he felt that he needed to rest. He was tired and the truth is, he can't sleep during the nights. Why? Because he having nightmares about what Brad did to him, and they refuse to leave him alone.

 

Baekhyun cuddle down under his warm and fluffy blanket and closed his eyes, it wasn't hard for him to fall asleep. The thing is, he hasn't any problem with go to sleep, the problem is what happens during that sleep.

 

As every other time, Baekhyun woke up with a snatch and sat straight up on his bed, feeling sick. The nightmare had woke him up after only 20 minutes, but he got 20 minutes of sleep at least. But today something felt wrong, he felt to throw up.

 

Baekhyun sighed loud as he groaned a little, he hate to feel sick. He just laid there in the bed and waited for someone to come and kill him, no literally. He just laid there and felt how he felt worse and worse, he really think he's going to throw up for real.

 

As Baekhyun was about to begun to cry, because he can't take it that he's feeling sick and can't sleep nor eat nor drink tea, he heard the knocks on the door in the hallway. He slowly got out of his bed and walked over to the door. He carefully opened the door, scared that it would be someone who wanted him harm. But when he saw who it was he dared to open the door a little more.

 

 

“Hi Baekhyun, remember me?”

 

 

Baekhyun nodded a little careful as he watched the giant outside his door smile big and bright at him. He do admit, he like it how he smiles at him, but today Baekhyun just doesn't feel to smile.

 

 

“Hi Chanyeol.”
“Are you busy, or do you mind if I come in for a while?”
“Mm.”

 

 

Baekhyun stepped aside and let the tall boy step in to the apartment before he closed the door after him. Baekhyun watched him a little before he decided to walk back to the living room. Baekhyun just remember that he left a cup of the in here, but it's probably cold now. And he doesn't feel to drink tea either.

 

 

“Nice place you got, do you live alone?”
“No, Baekbeom, my hyung, is in the USA and will come back sooner or later.”
“I see, but currently you living alone?”
“Mm.”

 

 

Baekhyun nodded a little as he sat down in the couch, automatically crouching together and stared at Chanyeol who noticed the cup of cold tea right away. Baekhyun just waited for him to ask why he hadn't touched his tea, but instead he just sat down and sighed out a little.

 

 

“What a boring day, it's cloudy and it's going to rain soon too.”
“Mm.”
“But of course, you don't get affected by it, don't you?”
“Mm.”
“Not that chatty today uh?”
“Mm.”

 

 

Baekhyun nodded a little as he rest his head against his knees, he had pushed up his legs against his chest and just rested his head a little. Baekhyun is tired, he's even hungry but he can't eat nor drink tea, he can't sleep either. But something he do want is to just sit here with Chanyeol, somehow it feels a little better to know that someone who can protect you is around, for you.

 

 

“I-I'm just a little tired.”
“Not? Well that's not good. Do you know why you can't sleep?”
“Mm.”

 

 

Baekhyun nodded a little as he looked away, not wanting to tell Chanyeol about it. Maybe he owe Chanyeol that, after all he did save his life. While Baekhyun tried to make up his mind, Chanyeol were scanning the room and what Baekhyun didn't know, he could tell that the boy hadn't eat anything for a long time.

 

 

“Hey, I came by here today because I really need to talk to you.”
“Talk to me then.”
“Okay, I don't think you understand what I mean with I really have to talk with you. I got send here because of Kris, remember him?”
“Mm, the other tall man.”
“Yes, him. You see, I'm was about to come here and bring you back to the police station, but I think you won't say anything to us there, aren't you?”

 

 

Baekhyun looked down on his legs, he really doesn't want to talk about it, seriously. By just thinking about it makes him feel sick. Chanyeol put a hand on Baekhyun's shoulder and smiled friendly and calm at him again.

 

 

“Listen, I'm not going to take you to the police station if you don't want to. I can understand that it feels weird to sit in that room, letting seven strangers ask you weird questions. So that was why I send you home that day, because I knew that you wouldn't tell us anything anyway.”
“I-I'm sorry for wasting your time.”

 

 

Baekhyun still stared down on his legs, he doesn't mean to be rude and wast the detectives time, but he really can't talk to them. It feels like someone have throw him out on a big stage were thousands of people staring at him, forcing him to tell them exactly what had happened that day.

 

 

“That's why I already have called Kris, I told him that I was going home instead. Of course he got a little grumpy, but I can't force you to come, right?”
“I guess you're right.”
“But still...”

 

 

Chanyeol got quiet as he looked at Baekhyun who carefully looked up at Chanyeol who almost looked sad.

 

 

“I don't think you can go around like this for much longer.”
“W-What do you mean?”

 

 

Baekhyun felt how he slowly got nervous, had Chanyeol already figured out that he doesn't feel that well after such short time? He just mention he was tired, that's all.

 

 

“I mean that you don't eat, and sleep. And just by looking at the tea cup, I'm guessing that you don't have much appetite at all. And you know, it isn't good for you to go around like this. Don't take this wrong, but you're weak and your body is still a little shocked after the sudden blood lost for just some few days ago. You have to eat and drink property, or else you gonna get hospitalized.”
“I-I know that...”

 

 

Baekhyun felt how he almost begun to cry, he know that he must try to eat and sleep, but he can't. Chanyeol sighed a little and looked more concerned and worried now, but still sad.

 

 

“I know that I shouldn't push you, that I shouldn't try to change your mind about this, but I think you should talk about what happened that day with someone. It hasn't to be with me or any police officer. You maybe can talk to your friends or maybe a family member?”
“I-I can't talk to them... I just can't.”
“But if you keep go around like this, your nightmares will keep come to you. It will take time to heal these kind of wounds, and you can't go around like this. Please Baekhyun, talk to anyone about it, I begging you.”

 

 

Baekhyun glanced up at Chanyeol who almost looked desperate, why does he care so much about it? Baekhyun is just another victim and nothing special, still he look so concerned and serious. Baekhyun looked down on his legs and just shrugged his shoulders as an answer. Chanyeol sighed and lend back in the couch, but it didn't take many seconds before he sat up straight again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter