The Torch of Wishful Dreams - Flower-of-May

Pandromeda Review Shop Archive

Username: Flower-of-May
Story Title (&link): The Torch of Wishful Dreams
Main Characters (+pairings): Taemin, Sulli, Krystal, Kai, Minho
Featuring: -----
Genre(s): Romance
Current Length (No. of Chapters): 13
Rated?: No.
Reviewer: KissDromedaGirl



_______________ ✦일부분 일; part one; the beginning. ✦_______________


Title;  5/5
 When I saw the title, I was drawn to it. It's different, and beautiful in a way, and makes you think about it. "The Torch of Wishful Dreams" reminds me of dreams being lighted and going on their way, or the opposite of being burned. Still, the title is intriguing. 
    After reading, I see a good connection between it and the story, and it almost fills me with joy because FEEL THE RELATION. Taelli. Wishful dreams, wishful thinking. 

Poster/Background;  5/5
    This poster makes me just... melt. Because it's so simple and reminds me of those lovely books that you see and pickup, all curious and wondering what this beautiful cover holds behind it. I love the floral, of course. And the pink isn't too much, like it could be with anything else. The title is in clear focus and yes, overall it's simple with few tones, but to me... that's what defines this story best.


Description & Foreword;  8/10
   Did you write the description featured in the first picture? Or are they lyrics? I assume you wrote them, but it's just... ak;ldnfa. I love it! Royalty, destiny; those all hint formality, fear and possible lies or deceite and the love that's going to flow around, making me antsy. The crowns are a nice touch to the theme. 
   Also, I love the character chart. More on that down below. But I love the pictures, because they fit so well (which is a "duh" moment for me, heh.) And you have them sized in such a pretty way. I mean- the layout is great, not sloppy at all!

   I will forever be happy with those who include soundtracks because those things define the tone of the story and though unnecessary, it's always a great touch that makes me smile like an idiot! And the song choices... delightful!  

   The only thing about this is I feel it's lacking in an idea of what to expect... I love the beginning picture/description, but that only hints love... and the character chart helps idealize whom will be the culprits, but I still feel it needs more... details and info in it.

FOREWORD:
    This is all A/N, but it's adorable because I'm that way 24/7. 

 

 


______________ ✦두 번째 부분; the second part; the seam.✦______________

 


Creativity/Originality;  5/5
    I am weak-kneed for stories like these. Especially when they have fun characters, great clothing that is actually approriate for the era, and just everything is right and it detailed greatly! I adore it, very much so. I love your writing style - I took the chance as soon as I saw no one was capturing this place to review. The creativity is the thing I love most with you - your pairings are adorable, the family issues are great, the story line is always worth reading. And this is a normal "not Princess falls for a Prince or vice versa" and though I see that with your stuff, it's still original and a fresh outlook because you don't automatically throw the love in the reader's face! You glide easily through the story and show us their true selves. I love that!

Plot;  20/20
     I expect great things as always from you. Your stories are entertainment and always spark my interest. 
    The plot here is kinda cliche, but at the same time it's curious. What actually will happen? Who will fall for whom? What will happen if the Queen finds out? Is there a war? Is there difficulty with Jinri's line? All sorts of questions and yet, though I long to find out, I also long to read on and on and delve into that world!

Spelling, Vocab, and Grammar;   15/15
    Few grammatical errors and typos. But otherwise, this was well done and no comments against it. Even the detail was panned out greatly.
   


Characterization;   15/15
    Lee Taemin, Prince of Lother Kingdom - the charmer
    Choi Jinri, The Lady's Companion - the timid sidekick
    Jung Soojung, Princess of Marvel Lake [I was all MARVEL superheros- hah] - the beautiful princess with a different POV
   Kim Jongin, Prince of Landor Kingdom - the fun friend
    Jung Sooyeon, Princess of Lother Kingdom - the icy, stone-cold sister of Soojung
    Lee Jinki, Crown Prince of Lother Kingdom - apparently a well known prince
    Jung Minho, Crown Prince of Marvel Lake - 
    Son Naeun, Princess of Lorex Land - almost unaware of things around her, but positive and sweet
    Kim Myungsoo, Crown Prince of Landor Kingdom - possibly very handsome and very tall, will inquire more

   Taemin, Sooyeon, and Jinki are all in Lother.
   Soojung and Minho in Marvel Lake.
   Jongin and Myungsoo in Landor.
   Naeun in Lorex.


I can literally feel Jinri's emotions. I can feel her uneasiness. I can feel the friendship and love from Soojung. I feel the quirky, charming aura of Taemin. I love that in your writing; when I feel the character and their set differences. You show that flawlessly. And they don't blend in, even though some are similar. That isn't bad! I just... love the characters and how you kept the characters in character instead of contradicting them.

   

 


_______________ ✦일부분 삼; part three; the little things. ✦_______________

 


Chapter Titles;  5/5
I love having a Preface to read. It was lovely.

But I do like the chapter titles. Of course they sum up each chapter given, which is great, too. 


Flow;  8/10
    In the beginning, we basically go night, to night, to night. And it's great. And then the flow picks up, and the pace is always good, so I have no worries there. I did love the bursts of romance, but the rest is a bit predictable. But that doesn't mean anything bad. I love the drama, and I feel like I could do with more emotions or scenes instead of just directing them to intenses moments between love and hate. The first few chapters are sweet and show us Jinri and Soojung. Stuff like that are good fillers, so keep that in mind. ^^

Writing Style (format + your style);  10/10
    /slams my head on the keyboard
   /dies for a while

"
I needed him.  
There were no words coming out, our silence was masked with strangled desire and pleased sighs, and whispers of names. Only two names that has been chanted in the darkness of the room, two heated figures united in the coolness of the night.
And I needed him.
I needed him.
I needed him.
Losing patience and urging for more, I have been floating and hazing and whispering although I never understood my own words. And he took me with much tenderness; he kissed me with love, he slid his hand down my trembling skin and ignited up my flames.
“I love you,” he whispered.
And I love him too, perhaps I whispered it, perhaps it was just a thought.
“I love you,” he chanted.
And blackness was all I saw."

  Although there are many other good parts, when I came across this particular piece (after feeling emotions of concern and happiness for Taelli), I laughed lightly, but with love. This part of your writing is so discrete, but so well written, and can be viewed by anyone without directly saying what's going on. It's a beautiful thing, to write like this...  


Extra & Notes; (+10)
   This is beautiful. I love it a lot, of course. And the entire story and character display is overwhelmingly well done. I love most of the characters and dislike a few, because that's what you show. Your style is ALWAYS GREAT, ALRIGHT. That's something I love about you is the writing. 




Total Score; 106 ♡