Inexplicable - exoexoexolellel

Pandromeda Review Shop Archive

Username: exoexoexolellel
Story Title (&link): Inexplicable
Main Characters (+pairings): Baekhyun,Taeyeon
Genre(s): Romance, angst,
C
urrent Length (No. of Chapters): 15
Rated?: No
R
eviewer: nahyun211


 

_______________ ✦일부분 일; part one; the beginning. ✦_______________


 

Title;  5/5
  I chose this to review was when I saw the title “Inexplicable”, it already hooks me in and tempting me to read it. I think you did a good job of choosing a mystery, short, punchy title and it fits your story very very well. To be honest at first I didn’t know what the word means so I searched it up and it is has the same meaning as “in understandable” but using this is much more boring than your title so very well done.



 

Poster/Background;  4/5
I think your poster and background fits the concept and theme of your story with the light pink background and the fancy style for the title. I especially love the quote that you came up with, “Trust is like paper, once crumbled never perfect again”, really nice. But
I have a suggestion, because I think your story has a little angst element to it, why not have another poster representing that? Maybe this one with a darker colour/tone and more powerful quote, anyway its just my suggestion

 

Description & Foreword;  8/10
Personally, I like foreword that is simple and it doesn’t spoil anything later in the story, so I think yours is good. I love it how you write the sentences separated from each other so when the readers read them, there will be pauses after each one so they can think about what they just read more, I think that is very effective. I also like the “Don’t trust too much…Because that much, can hurt you so much.” They sound very fancy yet very deep. But I think there is something more you can do for your description and foreword, maybe introduce the characters, not too much, just a little bit about them, maybe their personalities, their pasts, something that makes the readers even more desire to read your later chapters.  

 

 

 

_______________ ✦두 번째 부분; the second part; the seam.✦_______________


 

Creativity/Originality; 4/5
   It is amazing how you get a very cliché playboy get stuck with nerd girl storyline and turned it into a very exciting yet mesmerizing story so very well done. I think the way you write your story is very original, every bits of moments you describe, from very normal movements/actions from the characters, you have made them all somehow very special and sometimes it is very fun to read, I like the parts where you describe how the groups of friends (tae,hyo,kai,tiff) always fight but always be together.

 

 

Plot;  16/20
   I think you are a pretty good writer to be honest, even though as I said in the Creativity box, you took a cliché storyline to an amazing plot. I didn’t get bored at all reading your story throughout the 15 chapters at all; it just gets better and better. Although I am not a Baekyeon shipper, now you make me love them being together so much <3 I don’t know why, but I especially like the “Heartbroken” chapter where the friends fight, the way you wrote it is so believable, its like im watching a drama right in front of my eyes. It actually makes me cry a bit somehow but that is a good thing because it is a very sad chapter. I love the idea of PDH study, learning to “interact with the other ”, it is indeed very funny but it is a very unique way to start their “interactions” with each other, very effective hahaha. I would never thought of that so well done for the weird but good idea. I think when you have time to update again, you should include more dramatic, mystery, angst kind of moments to make the readers being hook even more, and desperate to read on but you did a very good job already.

 

 

Spelling, Vocab, and Grammar;   15/15
   I seriously notice no grammar mistakes, I think there are some really small ones but its doesn’t really matter. By the way, you have good vocabularies, like “cocked” “unmannered” and a lot more which makes it more effective. I think mostly all your spelling are correct and accurate so you totally nailed this area.

 

 

 

 

Characterization;   13/15
  I think you have characterize your main characters very well, Baekhyun and Taeyeon. It is good because you didn’t directly say how the characters’ personalities are like, but you describe them through how they talk, act, behave around other people and I think that is a more effective way to set your readers at the characters’ states. Still are some mysteries in your story about the characters, especially Baekhyun, because he might looked like he is an arrogant, unmannered playboy but he had some hidden secrets inside that no one knew about so I hope you will reveal that to the readers (including me) soon J Beside these 2 main characters, I also think you described the other characters well, especially Kai, I love him though <3 I like the way you are pairings them, especially the Kai and Hyo yeon couple, they are so cute bt not cute, ahahah, I like that. I personally like couples that are funny and exciting more than those who are always sweet and too nice to one and the other.

   

_______________ ✦일부분 삼; part three; the little things. ✦_______________

 

Chapter Titles;  5/5
I think all your chapter titles fit with the main ideas of the chapters you wrote about, I also like how most of your titles are only 1 or 2 words, very short like “Heartbroken” “Stripped” which I think sometimes they are better than very long titles.

Flow;  8/10
I think the flow of your story are pretty smooth overall but there is just one bit that are a bit rapid for me. When Taeyeon went to Tiffany’s house after being on the phone with Kai about there are blood everywhere but then Tiffany doesn’t want her there and Taeyeon just walked out feeling upset and angry, and then you went over to the PDH thing with Baekhyun, I think it is a bit unorganized. For my opinion, I think you should write more about how Tiffany and the rest actually feel about the situation of them broking up because they have been friends for so long. This is just my opinion, you don’t have to fix it because I think it will mess up your storyline and the way you plan your chapters but anyway, your story flows quite well, it wasn’t messy, very easy to follow.  

 

Writing Style (format + your style);  10/10
As I said above somewhere, I think you are a pretty good writer. Your story is neat and very easy to follow along chapters after chapters and that is a good thing because you don’t want to confuse your readers. I like how you are writing your story in first person perspective, under Taeyeon’s point of view. I think it is better just to focus on one point of view than having lots and lots of people’s point of view that sometimes can be quite confusing. Your format is also very organized, not jumping from one thing to another which is good.

 Extra & Notes; (+10)
All I could say its you did a wonderful job, at first I thought it will some boring playboy and nerd girl love story but it turns out much fresher and more exciting so well done.


 

Total Score;

98

 

>> Reviewer Note;
I loving your story so much so far, and I hope you can update soon <3 Thanks for the opportunity!