Two

FanGirl

In movies, whenever the main character had to dance, they would be confident and without nerves. Calm, cool and collected.

Jae wasn't like that at all. She was full of nerves and even the encouraging words of Key -who had called five minutes earlier to make sure she wasn't going to give up before she even tried from second guessing herself, and her dancing abilities-  she couldn't keep herself from peeping at the other girl ahead of her, who was dancing on stage in front of her idols.

The girl was beautiful, she was graceful, and she was also killing an improvised choreography to BAP's Hurricane. Jae was even more nervous than before. It didn't help that BAP seemed to be enjoying her performance, they all were smiling at the girl. Jae hoped that they would do the same when it was her turn to dance for them. To have her idols smiling while she danced for them, it was every  fangirl dancer's fantasy.

Breathing in and out, she practiced her dance to Warrior as she waited for the backstage hands to say that it was her turn. Maybe she shouldn't have dyed her hair red. The other girl's hair was a natural black colour and it seemed to look so much prettier than her's, the other girl also wore a nice tight fitting outfit that Himchan seemed to admire. Looking down at her sweatpants and snug t-shirt along with her white beanie that her mother had given her, Jae felt inferior.

"Miss Kwon your up."  A backstage hand with a headset said as she tapped the clipboard she was holding. Jae nodded her head before taking a deep breathe and stepping on stage. The girl who had danced before her, gave Jae a small smile as she left the stage. She heard the loud cheering sounds that could only be made by Jonghyun, which instantly changed her mood . Feeling a bit better with her cousins support, Jae smiled as she got into position, the music started and soon Jae found herself in a trance.

It was like this every time she danced and seemed to be even more potent, when she danced to a BAP song. Her moves were powerful as she danced. The blissful feeling of dancing, made her forget that she was onstage in front of her idols, it brought her back to her room learning the dance for the first time. She smiled to the audience and to the very six people who's music made her always want to dance, they smiled back.

Her fangirl feels were raging, and all she wanted to do was drop everything and stop dancing so that she could run to Jonghyun and squeal about how BAP smiled at her. She couldn't do that though, not unless she wanted their smiles to fade away from her sight and to lose her chance and having their undivided attention for a few moments.

Once she was finished dancing the crowd roared cheering, Jae smiled and bowed slightly to them and then to BAP before scrambling off the stage so the next dancer could perform.

"You were great!" she heard Jonghyun's voice say before she was enveloped in a hug. He twirled her around and around making her laugh and giggled with delight.

"Thanks." She said before he put her down. "Did you record it for Key and the rest of the gang to watch?" He nodded his head.

"Yep! Key wouldn't stop reminding me on our way over. If he wanted to see the show, he should have come himself." Jonghyun pouted, Jae rolled her eyes.

"Brat, don't complain because you had to hold a camera. Beside Key is working on his portfolio for university next year, and all the tickets for the fan meet were all sold out any ways." Jae stuck out her tongue at the now frowning boy. "Cheer up, I'm just teasing you."

"That's not why I'm frowning. Some guy keeps staring in our direction. It's creeping me out."

Jae turned her head expecting to see some creepy old man but instead, she saw a middle aged man dressed professionally. She had seen him many times in the fan cams with BAP, and also in some of the shows they had been on. So why was the manager of BAP staring at them? The BAP members were nowhere near them, and it hadn't looked like the two had disturbed anyone backstage.

Manager Kang sauntered up to the two teens with a smile on his face. His facial expression seemed more directed to Jae. He held out his hand for a hand shake, which Jae shook bewildered at the idea, before he began speaking to her.

"You've got great moves, and you know the choreography well. One of our backup's recently quit." Jae had read that article online two days ago. She nodded her head wondering what this could have to do with her. "You have the style we need and you obviously have a passion for dance. You would still need a formal audition however we might be able to bypass that." Manager Kang took a card from his pocket and handed it to Jae. "If you are considering a career in dancing give me a call. We would love to have you as a backup dancer for BAP, SECRET as well if we needed you."

He left soon after and Jonghyun and Jae just stared at each other in awe. Jae had been given a chance to dance with her idols, a chance to dance on stage in front of thousands of fans. Of course the fans wouldn't be for her but at least they would see her.

It was Jae's dream to perform for fans of her own someday. She wanted to make her father proud while doing something she loved, having an office job wasn't her cup of tea. She loved to dance, and she could sing well enough-Jonghyun always said she could improve and Jae knew it was true- so why not make a living out of it? The only problem was that in a country like Korea where you had Idols who paved the way for rookies as well as auditions that seemed impossible to pass, it was hard to get noticed, especially if you didn't have any talent or good looks.

But now Jae had a chance, she could start off with dancing for BAP and work her way up just like on would do at a company. Being a backup dancer could be her stepping stone. With the money from backup dancing, she could hire a vocal coach to help her improve with her singing and then, once she was confident enough, she could audition for TS Entertainment.

This would be the start of her career. It was a chance that she couldn't pass up.

"What are you going to tell your dad?"

"That it's my chance at my dreams. And that it's an extra job to add money into our household. He can't pass extra money up, especially since he wouldn't have to give me any more money for shopping with Key. I could just use my own."

"He'll be happy about that. You and Key spend way too much when you shop."

Jae chuckled as the two went back to the fan meet area, where fans were lining up to get things signed by the group. 

"You ready to speak to your idols?" Jonghyun said as they moved up in line.

"Yeah. Nervous. What if they start asking about my dancing?"

"Then you smile and tell them why you dance."

Jae smiled at Jonghyun's words and patiently waited in line for her turn to meet her idols. The boys who were on her wall, the ones who she listened to every day and night. She was going to meet them. Her fan girl feels were on hyper drive as she got closer and closer.

She had to keep her screaming to silently in her head, and not aloud. If she was going to be their new backup dancer she had to be professional. She had to put her fangirl feels aside, and think of them as normal people. For Jae that would be hard.The six idols had gotten her through more than one tough time in her life. How could she not spazz over the boys who had helped her through her mother leaving.

"Next." Said a man to Jonghyun as he ushered him to the boys who sat at a table signing CD's and posters, while making small chat with their fans. In just a few minutes she would be the one the called next.