Eight

FanGirl

Packing her bags for the three months in Japan was harder then she thought it would be. With Youngguk's and Zelo's constant calling -she had become close with the two rappers- and Jonghyun's sudden disappearance in her life -he was no where to be found- Jae was thinking that she might just go downstairs and ask her father for a day out. It was her last day in Seoul and she should spend her day with her friends and then once night time came she could spend it with him.

"Dad," Jae said softly as she was on the stairs. From the staircase she could see her father watching TV in the living room looking rather dazed, like he wasn't watching TV at all, instead just looking past it at the wall. "Dad can i go out? I know I"m grounded but it's my last day here before I leave."

"Sure. Just.... make sure you come home and spend some time with your old man alright." Jae nodded her head. She kissed her father on the cheek before going back upstairs to get her cell phone before leaving the house.

First stop was Key's house.

When Jae knocked on the door no one answered. She sighed hoping he wasn't in one of his designing modes, after calling him several time Jae gave up and left his doorstep, changing her target to Taemin.

He wasn't available either, something about a group project. Onew was busy giving another kid vocal lessons and Minho was playing soccer so there was no way he could be disturbed.

Jae sat on the side of the curb, she had been walking to the convenience store to get some chips to eat-finding her friends made her hungry- but decided against it wanting to rest her feet for a while. She looked to the sky, the colour would be the same in Japan, as would her feelings of loneliness without her friends.

Sure she would have BAP and the SECRET unnie's but their interactions would be mainly on stage, outside of performances the idols usually had more  dance practice,having to working on their singing, or they would be hauled off to a press meeting or fan meet. She could talk to the other backup dancers-they seemed friendly enough- but they would never compare to her friends here.Three whole months without them, she couldn't even last two whole hours alone.

"YAH!! Where have you been!" Key screamed into her ear. She had answered her phone moments ago thinking it was her dad calling or even Jonghyun calling explain why he had been avoiding her. She was wrong, oh so wrong.

"Looking for you. I went to your house no one was there." Jae said.

"Went out shopping with Jonghyun." She was always his first choice for shopping, so why take Jonghyun.

"You hate shopping with him."

"Well since you will be gone for three months I have to get used to it. The new fashion trends won't halt because you go to Japan. By the way when your over there be sure to take pictures of outfits you like. I'll make you something similar to your favourite one when you get back." Jae smiled.

"So have you asked him why he's been avoiding me?"

"Ask him yourself."

"I would but he's never around."

"Trust me he always is. Where are you anyway?"

"On the side of a curb near the 7-Eleven why?"

"Wearing your white hoodie and black tights?"

"Yeah."

"Good thought we had the wrong girl again." Key said before he hung up.

Jae turned her head looking around to see if she could see Key in the crowd. She didn't find him, but she did find herself face to chest, in someone's arms. The scent of the man was comforting and familiar.

"Sorry I've been avoiding you." Jonghyun said and Jae shook her head. Pulling away from the hug, she saw Key standing behind him a smile on her face.

"You two catch up. A week in cousins time must be like two years for the two of you. I'll go round up the rest of the idiots before you have to go spend your evening with your dad."

"Thanks." Jae said before Key left. She turned to Jonghyun and smiled before poking him lighting in the shoulder. "For avoiding me for a week you must now treat me to some food." Jonghyun nodded his head before slinging his arm around her shoulder.

"Where shall we go dear cousin of mine. To 7-Eleven? Ministop? GS25?"

"Yah that's all convenience stores! At least get me some noodles." Jae pouted and Jonghyun laughed.

"Alright. Noodles it is!"

 

Eating noodles might not have been the best idea. As Jonghyun slurped his food Jae became more and more disgusted. She forced down her food though, since he was paying, and she had ordered something expensive.

"So, do you want to tell me why you've been avoiding me?" Jae asked as she set down her bowl. She couldn't eat anymore, not after he was on his third bowl. Jonghyun set down his bowl before smiling. Soup dripping onto his chin. Jae rolled her eyes and wiped his chin with a napkin. He turned red.

"I uh...I talked to Key and he...we.." Jonghyun stuttered not really getting anywhere with his sentence. Jae was his cousin, he had to remember that. Even if they weren't blood related they were still family. Besides she wouldn't look at any guy other than the BAP members. He wasn't sure if she was just slow or maybe didn't like boys in that way yet but Jae had never gone out with a boy. She hadn't even had a crush on anyone who wasn't part of BAP yet.

"You what? Did he make you feel bad or something?" Jae asked. Jonghyun shook his head.

"Nothing like that. It's just I thought you should get used to not being around me for a while. You'll be gone for three months so I won't be around." Jae laughed.

"You idiot. We have technology, I'll Skype you guy every night and morning if I'm not practicing for the show and when I don't have to perform."

"Technology isn't the same as real life. Seeing you on a screen and physically seeing you are two different things." Jonghyun said with a sigh before playing with his food. Poking the noodles with his chopsticks, and swirling the remaining soup, much like a child would if they were bored or sad.

"It'll have to do. Don't worry the time will fly by. Besides if I end up becoming famous in the future, this will happen often. We might just have to get used to not seeing each other." Jonghyun looked up and stared at the sorrow in Jae's eyes.  She was sad, but it was the truth. Jonghyun hadn't thought of that. If Jae did end up living her dream-why wouldn't she when she worked as hard as she did- then he would spend less time with her. She'd be too busy for him and their time together would be short. Adding onto the fact when she started dating... no Jonghyun didn't want to think of that.

"I don't want to."

"Neither do I."

The rest of their meal was eaten in silence. For the two cousins who had been together since they were in diapers, being separated was a problem that they never thought they would have to deal with.

With Jae's plan to reach her dreams starting to take off, and her back up dancing career beginning, it seemed like they would have to deal with it now.

Neither of them was looking forward to it. They didn't want to have to anticipate for a time that would make their long hours of cousin time, dwindle to minutes. Maybe seconds even. And in the worst situation, not at all.

Jonghyun dreaded for that time to come because then-even though he would have Key and the rest of his friends- he would be losing a person near and dear to him. He would be alone.