Six

FanGirl

Jae was grounded. For two months.

The good news was that she was allowed to take the job. Her father knew of her daughters dancing dreams, and so long as it did not interfere with her grades she would be allowed to continue as a backup dancer. The bad news was that while she was allowed to go out for dance practice that was the only thing she could do. She wasn't allowed to meet Jonghyun or Key or any of the other members, and aside from going grocery shopping she was confined to her house.

It wasn't too bad. Her friends had sent her texts messages, and her father couldn't stop her from seeing them during school hours. Taemin pouted upon knowing that he couldn't spend time with his Noona and Key simply stated that he would sneak into her room. That didn't turn out well since the boy was scared of heights, so while her father was away at work, or asleep Key came over through the front door. Jonghyun did the same, but the two never came at the same time. Something was going on between the two of them, but Jae had yet to ask what.

"He thinks I"m stealing you away. All he does in whine about how his precious cousin is trapped in her room, and how bored he is. It's so annoying. I swear he has a cousin complex or something."

Jae laughed at Key's complaints. She had heard similar words from Jonghyun about an hour ago over the phone.

"Not so loud, my dad's sleeping do you really want to wake him?" There was no doubt that her father could sleep though a train crashing through the house, but even so it didn't hurt to be careful.

Key sighed and leaned against the wall as he sat down on Jae's bed. She was already lying down curled up into her blankets.

"He won't. How's practice going? You make friends with the members yet?" Jae shook her head. The backup dancers and the idols never really mixed unless it was a group practice. She had been with TS for three weeks now and had only seen BAP once or twice outside the closed dance space. It was never long enough to chat, just enough to smile in their direction.

"Not yet. Although I have talked to SECRET quite a bit. Jieun Unni is cool."

"Unni? Wow your already that close?" Jae giggled.

"All the SECRET members want me to call them Unni since I'm younger. They don't seem to like formalities." Key nodded.

"What happens when your mother finds out about you dancing with idols? You think she'll come find you for money?"

"I don't make much, besides even if she did I wouldn't give her any. In fact once I save up I'm going to hire someone to make sure she can never come to this house again."

"How's vocal lesson going? Find anyone?"

"Onew believe it or not. Dad doesn't know he's teaching me though, he just thinks that the guy coming to the house to teach me is some old grandpa. Onew disguises his voice every time he calls to make time to practice."

"When will you learn? Keeping things from you father got you into this grounding." Key nagged. Jae rolled her eyes.

"Says the one who sneaks into my room to see me, despite the fact that I'm not supposed to see any of you outside of school."

"It's different."

"How so?"

"I'm the almighty Key."

Jae smiled, then threw a pillow at Key.

"Don't be so cocky."

Key chuckled.

 

***

Jae felt like a creepier watching her idols dance. She had come early to practice today since it was a holiday at school, she thought that she could get some extra time in, not knowing that BAP was using the room. The boys welcomed her in, and she sat in a corner watching them practice. The members were spot on as they danced. The transitions were smooth and everyone seem focused. Jae never thought she would get tired watching her idols, but slowly she began seeing them as regular people. She was around them long enough to do so, so she pulled out her earphones and listened to an audio book she had been meaning to get to.  It was for an English assignment and Jae hadn't liked carrying around the big book, so she was delighted to know it was in audio form. Closing her eyes so that she wouldn't get distracted by BAP dancing, Jae leaned her head against the wall and listened.

"OW!!!" The maknae's voice yelled out making Jae take off her headphones to see the commotion. Looking at the scene in front of her, Jae saw that Zelo was pressing a hand to his forehead and pouting -cutely she added- at Youngguk. The older male was apologizing to him, as Himchan rolled his eyes and the rest of the group saw the stumble to take a quick break, grabbing water from the bench near the stereo system. "Hyung! That hurt!" Zelo complained reminding Jae of how Taemin would act if he got hurt.

"Jae, would you mind getting Junhong a ice pack. Youngguk might have hit him harder than we thought."

"You act as if I did it on purpose." Youngguk said.

"Accident or not, we still need ice." Himchan scowled. Jae nodded her head and went to get the ice pack.

Upon returning she found BAP gathered around her bag, their backs were faced to her, Jae questioned what they could possibly be doing.

"I uh got the ice." Jae said making the boys turn. They smiled, and Jae noticed that Zelo had a party cracker in his hands. They stepped aside an a small wrapped box lay on top of her bag. Zelo popped open the cracker and confetti came out.

"Welcome to the team!" They cheered before Jae smiled. The fangirl in her wanted to run over to them and hug them tightly, but she had to be professional, so she walked over to them and thanked them all. Stuffing the present into her bag with the hand that wasn't holding the ice, Jae giggled to her self quietly before turning back to the group and tossing the ice to Zelo who gladly took it. Pressing to his forehead he sighed with relief.

"Hyung next time don't hit so hard. I thought you were going to fake it?" Zelo muttered making Himchan laugh.

"You should know Youngguk gets nervous." Himchan said

"Especially with Jae in the room." Youngjae added making the rest of the group snicker. Youngguk stayed silent. Occasionally sneaking peeks at Jae, who noticed his fail attempts at being discreet.

"He want's to be your friend so badly."

"It's cute of our Gukkie to be so nervous." Himchan said.

"You want to be friends with me?" Jae asked a rather startled Youngguk who then nodded his head.

"You seem cool... and its not like I'm the only one, everyone in BAP would like to get to know you more, you are our backup dancer and we spend a lot of time with each and we'll be on tour and-" Jae cut him off.

"Woah breath. I didn't think you could talk faster than Zelo raps." Youngguk paused, then laughed.

"Jae we'll get along just fine." Himchan said before they all laughed.

 

Friends with BAP, every BABY's wildest dream. And Jae was living it right now.