Seven

FanGirl

Jonghyun was annoying Jae.

Ever since she had told him and Key that BAP agreed to be friends, Jonghyun had made sure that he was spending every spare moment-without her dad knowing of course, she was still grounded- with her. He squeezed his way into Key and her's late night bedroom chats, he found her everywhere at school. He even waited outside the girls bathroom once he heard from Taemin that she had gone to use it during lunchtime.

Maybe it had to do with the BAP tour that she was leaving on. The group along with SECRET were going to travel to Japan for three months. After getting all her homework for the next three months and lesson's in advance, as well as consoling her father and making sure she had someone at work keep and eye on him while she was gone. It seemed like things were running smoothly and the only thing that wasn't falling in line was Jonghyun's attitude.

What was the big deal anyway? They had been separated for long amounts of time before, when Jonghyun had taken that semester abroad, not to mention that he was the only one out of their social circle that was acting like a child.

"He's a sap our Jonghyun is." Onew said while tapping his fingers. He along with Taemin, Key and Minho, were in her room waiting for Jonghyun to announce that he had arrived so that Jae could sneak him in. It was around midnight and her father was sound asleep, although he had been complaining that his back was hurting so the chances of him waking up and checking on Jae were more apparent. Just encase that happened Jae made sure to have the closet open so that she could quickly shove the boys in until her father left.

"More like a brat, losing his favourite toy. He actually dared to interrupt our best friend time while we were shopping." Key said while fussing with his bangs. Taemin laid his head on Jae's lap before she began playing with his hair. It was so soft and fluffy, she absolutely loved to fuss with his hair.

"Hyung just likes Jae a lot. Their family." Taemin said while looking up at Jae. He smiled her and she ruffled his hair in response before going back to playing with it.

"Not by blood Minnie." Key said, receiving a nod from Minho and Onew.

"Their still family."

Jae's cell phone buzzed and she pulled her hands away from Taemin's hair so she could read it. Taemin whimpered before Key smacked him lightly.  Jonghyun was at the front door. Jae told the boys quickly before stepping out into the hallways and slowly making her way to the front door.

When she opened it she put a finger to her lips signaling Jonghyun to be quite, before actually taking in his appearance. He looked disheveled, which was unlike him. Smelling faintly of alcohol, Jae shook her head at her cousins drinking. He was under age and yet he drank, one of these days he was going to get caught.

"You stink." Jae said holding her nose.

"You're beautiful." Jonghyun replied making Jae roll her eyes.

"Stop flirting with your cousin. Come on the guys are upstairs." Jae said tugging the tipsy boy. Jonghyun pouted but let his cousin pull him up the stairs.

"I thought that it would be just you and me."

"I lied."

"You've been doing a lot of that lately."

Jae shoved Jonghyun into her room and closed the door as quietly as she could. Her father hadn't woken up yet which was a good sign that his back was feeling a whole lot better.

"This idiot is drunk." Jae pointed out making the other's shakes their heads. Jae went back to her spot next to Taemin who smiled, glad his noona was back to play with his hair, it was like getting a massage. Jonghyun sat down on the floor next to Minho and Key, who both scrunched their noses at the smell.

"Jonghyun, you said you weren't going to drink anymore." Minho said scooting over to the side slightly, the stench from Jonghyun was too strong for his liking.

"And you believed him? Choi Minho you're an idiot just like him." Key said.

"No need to be snappy, diva."

"No need to be stupid, frog."

This kind of banter was normal for the two of them. They were friends but sometimes Minho got on Key's nerves for no reason. It was probably because the two had never been on really good terms, they only hung out in a group, and if they both hadn't known Jae they probably would have never hung out at all.

"You two quit it." Onew said. Minho nodded his head, Key pouted.

"Why are you all here?" Jonghyun asked as he played with his fingers.

"It's Jae's last free night remember? She has to practice for the rest of the week, then pack, then she'll leave for Japan."

"And I spent it drinking! Jae you should have told me earlier."

"And you should keep it down. Besides I did. Your phone went to voicemail every time I called, and the texts wouldn't go through. What's the point of having a phone if you never answer it?"

"To take pictures of us together."

"God, you need to stop drinking."

"What I need to stop doing has nothing to do with my alcohol intake." That didn't make much sense to Jae. Key looked at Jonghyun puzzled, maybe Jonghyun did have a cousin complex.

"So what is it you need to stop?" Key asked. Jonghyun puffed out his cheeks, he paled a bit and then ran for the bathroom.

"Ah so I guess he needed to stop himself from throwing up." Minho stated. Key chuckled still looking at the door that had been opened now that Jonghyun had ran out. Key wondered how he could throw up quietly enough not to wake up Jae's father. But the main thing on his mind wasn't his friend throwing up. Key looked to Jae smiling at her still playing with Taemin's hair and the smile on Taemin's face.

Jae was beautiful, talented, and his best friend. She was also working her way up to her dreams and couldn't be distracted by boys like Jonghyun confessing to her. If Jonghyun did have a cousin complex, then Key would do everything he could to prevent it from effecting Jae. She didn't need that kind of drama in her life. Not when she already had too much to handle. Key would make sure of it. It was his duty as her best friend.