Nineteen

FanGirl

Math class was always a bore. Jae yawned as her teacher taught the lesson for the day. Key sat beside her and chuckled at Jae's yawning face. She was bored already and the teacher had just started the lesson. Knowing Jae, Key made sure to take extra notes for her later. He hadn't been around lately because of designing but at least what he was designing was for Jae. Her birthday was coming up, and she had probably been to busy taking care of her father and dancing that she had forgotten.

Key shook his head as Jae turned to look out the window. Her last birthday celebration was just him, Jonghyun, Minho and Taemin and Onew. Her father had been working late and called once during the party to wish her a happy birthday. Now that Jae was friends with BAP and Junhung was home for a while Key concluded that the party this year would bring more trouble then it was worth. After all Jonghyun's love sick puppy look hadn't gone away when he looked at Jae and Key noticed from Minho that his feelings towards Jae might have shifted as well. Not to mention that Youngguk guy had gone on a date with Jae already, even if she didn't know it. Three boys and one girl who was oblivious, Key would have his hands full keeping everyone in line. 

Being Jae's best friend would had been a whole lot easier if she had just gotten a boyfriend by now, at least then Key would only have to keep one guy in check, but knowing Jae she probably wouldn't have one for a while. When it came to feelings of romance and love in that aspect, Jae didn't know much. And what she did know wasn't a good example.

"Jae focus." Key said nudging his best friend with his elbow. Jae snapped back to look at the teacher who had her back turned writing something on the chalk board. Jae sighed relieved that Key had told her when the teacher wasn't looking, he slid her the notes he was written for her and she smiled, silently thanking him.

Reading the notes Key had written Jae quickly caught up but soon found herself drifting away from the lesson again. There was something she was forgetting. An event that was going to happen this week, the only thing she could really remember was that she had to visit her father after school and then once she was done she had to rush straight to practice today. In fact she had practice with BAP tonight until late in the evening. Jae sighed another day of doing homework at lunch instead of napping or teasing Taemin and Jonghyun.

Taemin. Jae sighed, lately she had been neglecting the younger. She was his noona she should at least try make time for him. Maybe at lunch she could have some Taemin time and catch up.

 

"Noona!" Taemin exclaimed as he ran towards Jae. She smiled and ignored the glances they were getting in the cafeteria. Taemin had agreed to spending time together, even going as far as to shoo away Key and the others so that they could spend some time together. Jae laughed at that, seeing Key's annoyed face at the younger and Minho attempts to back hand the younger boy was hilarious and proved to bring a cheery mood.

"So noona, are you excited for this weekend?" Taemin asked giddy at the surprise party they were planning for her. When Jae gave his a puzzled look Taemin mentally rolled his eyes. She had really forgotten her birthday day of all days.

"Why would I be? If it's because I'll have a two whole days of rest then yeah." Taemin chuckled and waved his hands signaling her not to worry about it.

"Ah it's okay noona you'll know soon enough. By the way, I'm your favourite maknae right? Even though that Zelo kids an Idol and younger than my I'll always be your favourite maknae right?" Jae smiled and ruffled Taemin's hair as he took a bite of his food.

"Minnie of course you are! You don't need to worry about that." Taemin smiled and continued to eat.

"Minho hyung and you have been hanging out a lot." Taemin stated. Minho was younger than Jae as well, but even so he never did call her noona, and always seemed to prefer to call her Jae. Ever since Taemin met the two of them a few years ago he always wondered why they never had the noona dongsaeng wall that Jae and he did.

"Yep. Well you know Minho and I have been friends since we were younger. It's not really anything new." Taemin nodded his head.

"Is there anything you've been waiting to have lately noona?"

Jae shook her head. "Not really. I have you guys and my dad is doing better."

He and Minho would have to have a maknae meeting soon. The two were the youngest in the group and since Jae's birthday was coming up they would need to brainstorm ideas for her birthday present. Knowing his hyung's they would have already gotten their presents a couple weeks in advance.

"Well actually a pet duck wouldn't be so bad."  Taemin laughed. If it was a pet duck that his noona wanted then it would be a pet that she would get.

 

"Jonghyun slow down!" Jae yelled as Jonghyun pulled her through the busy streets. He had said that there was something he wanted to show her, but Jae wasn't too excited. All she wanted was to sleep and now that it was the weekend and dance practice had been called off for the day for some odd reason she could get that sleep she needed. If only Jonghyun saw it her way, instead he shoved clothes in her hands, made her change and forced her  to come out of the house.

"Can't we'll be late!"

"For what?"

"A surprise!" Jae groaned and allowed her cousin to tug her forward.Jae liked surprises so long as nothing popped out to scare her.

Jonghyun had brought her to a restaurant. Jae raised an eyebrow at him before he rolled his eyes and pushed her forward. Stepping inside the place was rather dark Jae squinted trying to make out anything that she could. There was a small source of light somewhere in the back of the room, but Jae didn't want to move encase she bumped into something or someone else who could be in the place.

"Jongy, why are all the light off?" Jae asked, when she got no response Jae sighed. "Jonghyun! Where the hell are you?" Jae yelled before the source of light began moving towards her. When it got close enough to see Jae could make out the slight figure of a candle. A floating candle... Jae was seriously getting creeped out. Then the lights and Jae saw that standing in front of her was Youngguk holding a cake with a candle.

"Happy birthday." He said smiling before a loud happy birthday was cheered as her friend popped up from behind tables.

Jae smiled widely before laughing. She couldn't believe that she forgot her own birthday again.

***

Key smiled as Jae began opening her presents. Seeing the look on Jae's face as everyone surprised her was worth all the hassle that he had to go through to organize this party, and it would be worth keeping Jonghyun and Youngguk and Minho in check for the night. Currently Minho had his arms around Jae's shoulder as she opened up Taemin's gift. The maknae was smiling beside her looking rather nervous. Key chuckled knowing Taemin wanted Jae to like whatever he had bought, after hearing the delighted squeal that Jae muttered Key turned his attention to Jonghyun who was scowling at Minho.

"Jonghyun." Key said as Jae hugged Taemin for the stuffed duck he had given her. "You okay?"

Jonghyun sighed and balled his fists as Minho gave Jae a kiss on the cheek after she opened his gift. "I'll be alright."

"She's your cousin."

"I know. But not biologically."

"You said you would stop this."

"I lied."

"Loving her more than you should will only hurt you."

"Then I'll let it hurt me until she gets her own boyfriend. Once I know she's happy with someone I can let go."

Key shook his head at Jonghyun's decision. "You should at least tell her."

"I will. It's my present to her."

Turning back to look at Jae, Key furrowed his eyebrows as he saw Minho pat Jae's head."Yah Frog! Hands off my best friend!" Key yelled before going over to separate Minho from Jae. When Key looked back to Jonghyun, he was no longer where he had been standing. He was probably off to get his present for Jae.

 If he confessed today then he would have to be careful and watch Minho and Youngguk. Minho was easy to handle, one quick death glare  and Minho would be cowering in a corner. Youngguk on the other hand, was much older than Key, and he didn't know him well enough to know his weaknesses. He would be harder to intimidate.


A/N: Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! And I hope you enjoyed the glance into Key's POV :D