Four

FanGirl

The door to her house was open.

Normally it was always locked but today when Jae got home from school, she knew it wouldn't be. On day's like today her father never remembered things. His brain would be frazzled, his emotions wouldn't be in check and worst of all he would buy tons of sweets and end up eating them all out of nerves instead of laying them out like he had intended to do.

Jae's mother only ever visited once or twice a year. It was mainly whenever she needed something and it was always after figuring out when her father had a day off so that she wouldn't have to wait for him. Jae's father worked long hours and usually never came home until dinner time, sometimes not at all.

Stepping into her house during one of her mother visits was like stepping into unknown territory. Her mother was like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode and more than often she had walked in on one of her parent's arguments only to be used to get whatever her mother wanted.

"Jae sweetie glad your here." Her mothers voice sounding more American,she must have spent time there this year. Jae stopped her tiptoeing through the living room, knowing her had been caught, and made her way to the dining area where her mother and father sat across from one another. Her father looked tense while her mother was smiling, as if she had won whatever argument they had been-or currently were- in. "Your father disagrees that I need to redo my kitchen."

So this time she wanted to redo her kitchen, last year it had been a shopping spree, the year before that it was shoes. Her mother was selfish and Jae hated that about her. She only came to her house for money, never for any alone time with her daughter. That was what stung Jae the most, her own mother used her as a pawn to play games with her father. She hated being part of a game that she could do nothing to stop. Especially when one of the players continued to pay the game year after year for her own selfish needs.

"So it's just a kitchen?" Jae said

"What if you come over, how can I cook for you in a tiny kitchen?"

"You never invite me over."

"That's because my kitchen is too small to fit the both of us, much less food for the both of us."

"You don't even cook. You order out."

"Well there's always a first time for everything."

"Yeah which only seems to happen when you need money."

Her mother was childish and it irked Jae to no end. She had been out of her life for thirteen years, and having her in her life for ten minute was already annoying Jae. She always wished these meeting were over video and never in person. That way she could just say the connection was bad, exit the video chat, and go back to listening to BAP or doing homework. Anything but talking to her mother. Her father knew that, that's why he always gave in. He knew how much her mothers presence bothered her, and gave her the money her mother needed so she would disappear.

"Kira, how much do you need?"

"Twenty five thousand." Her mother said without hesitation. Jae balled her fists. Her father cringed

"Can't you just, oh I don't know work more hours so you can afford your kitchen redo?" Jae muttered.

"Hush child grown up's are talking. So how about it Jude honey." Jae rolled her eyes before her mother went back to smiling at her father. He sighed and brought out his check book, before writing the amount Jae's mother would need. At the sound of her father ripping off the check from the checkbook Jae headed to the door, dropping her school bag and picking up her dance bag that was always placed nearby the door, Jae took one last look at her mother and stormed out of the house.

Her mother frustrated her, her father giving  in always frustrated her more. When Jae was frustrated she would dance, or vent to Key depending on her level of frustration. Dancing was reserved for the higher levels and today's issue was just to damn high of a frustration level to burden Key with.

The dance studio was filled with energy as all the people who were regulars of using the dance space worked on their skills. The one's the knew Jae said hello, which she returned with a smile and hello back, and the ones at didn't know her personally knew her from seeing her dance for their classes. Jae was quite popular among the dancers, to newcomers she was someone aspire to be like. To haters she was the one to take down. To Jae she was a dancer who need her own practice room, and so far she was having was no luck. Every room seemed to be full.

After stumbling upon an empty room twenty minutes after arriving at the studio, Jae sighed with relief. She quickly changed into her dance sweats and kicked her school clothes aside to a corner before going to play the music.

With a hip hop song playing Jae kept in time with the music, looking in the mirror, slowly watching her frustrated expression fade away. That was the satisfying feel of dancing out her anger. She could see it fade and forget it once her anger was gone. It always took a while though, and after about three hours of non stop dancing Jae turned the stereo off and went to her bag to grab a sweat towel and a bottle of water.. She sat down on the floor and took a drink trying to control her heavy breathing,

"You okay?"  Jae choked on her water slightly before looking to the person who had scared her. Key stood at the doorway of the room holding back a laugh. Jae glared at him. "Sorry didn't mean to scare you, I swung by your house to see if you had contacted that manager guy yet. Saw your mom through the window, figured you be here." Jae nodded her head before Key came into the room and sat down beside her.

"She asked for twenty five thousand this time." Key whistled.

"Your dad's going to be working extra hard to make that up. So will you take the job?" Jae shrugged.

"Its been a couple days what if they don't want me because I didn't contact them right away?"

"They will, now take out your phone and give them a call. Knowing you, you probably save the managers number in your phone already." Jae smiled and went to her bag. Pulling out her cell phone she flipped it open before going back to where Key sat. Finding the managers contact information, her thumb hovered over the call button.

"But what if-" Key cut her off.

"No if's and or but's. Call, now, before I do it for you and use my girl voice to get you the job." Jae rolled her eyes before clicking the call button. It rang twice and then Manager Kang picked up.

"Hi, it's Kwon Jae from the fan meet, you gave me your card and told me to call if I was interested in becoming a backup dancer for BAP and SECRET. I wanted to take you up on that offer."