Nine

FanGirl

The airport was crowed with BABY's as BAP and Jae along with the other backup dancers were heading for the plane.

Jae hated airports, she hated the long process and she hated the security checks that seemed to take forever. The screaming fans only made it worse, and gave her a headache. Jae sighed happily as they all got onto their seats in the airplane.

"Noona are you alright?" Zelo asked as Jae plopped into her seat. She smiled at the younger boy and nodded her head.

"Just relieved to be out of the airport, the fans made me have a headache. How do you guys deal with all that noise?"

"When it's coming from people who you know and support you, even the loudest most annoying sound will become sweet." Jae shook her head at the maknae's words. He might have been the youngest but there were moments that made Jae think he was older. One so young and yet he could be wise and mature Jae admired Zelo for that.

Thinking about Zelo's words, Jae began pondering if she became famous would it be the same for her? She disliked screaming fans, and made sure to keep her composure at the fan meets when girls near her screamed louder than she would have liked, but if they were screaming for her... maybe the noise wouldn't bother her. They would be her fans and would be supporting her, the screams wouldn't resonate with annoyance but instead it would be associated with support,joy,happiness. Jae smiled. It would be the same for her.

"What's got you all happy?" Youngguk's voice drawing her out from her thoughts. He sat down beside her as Jae's smile widened.

"Just thinking about something Zelo said."

"You excited for the tour?" He asked leaning back into the seat. In the row next to him two girls giggled and began shooting him flirty looks. One of them had a BAP shirt on from one of the Souel concerts.

"Yeah." Jae said. The girls flirting seemed to go unnoticed by Youngguk and the girls pouted before shooting glares at Jae.

"Yah! Oppa! You should talk to us not her." yelled one of the girls.

"We're so much more interesting then she could ever be." Said the other.

"It's rude to interrupt a conversation. If you want to talk to him, wait until after we're finished." Jae retorted. That shut the girls up, Jae buckled her belt. While they had been talking, the captain had announced they were going to take off,Youngguk followed suit. The plane took off soon after.

Youngguk stared at the girl, anyone else would have dismissed it since they were fans. Not Jae, fan or not that girl said what she wanted, even if she knew the consequences. It wasn't like the girl was an idol herself, she had no protection from the dangers of the idol world. A back up dancer, stylist, or anyone else who worked for an idol, worst nightmare was being harassed by fans who didn't deem them fit to work for the idol. It had happened before, it was part of the reason why the old backup dancer quit.

It made him wonder what BAP, and him meant to the girl, in order for her to do such a thing she had to have liked them a lot. She wasn't one of those crazy fan girls, Youngguk knew her well enough, and worked with her long enough to know that. She was a BABY but dancing for them wasn't her dream like some fans had. She had never told Youngguk this but he could tell by the look in her eyes when she was dancing. She was there dancing in the background but she eyes told him she wasn't quite there, like she wanted something more. Maybe to perform onstage to her own fans and not just other BABY's who didn't even know her name.

"Youngguk oppa." Jae said, snapping him out of his trance, normally it was the other way around, Youngguk smiled sheepishly before turning red at the sound of her calling him Oppa. They had gotten close over the couple months they had worked together, but it always seemed to fazed him whenever she used that term.

"Ah, sorry." He muttered.

"What made you so lost in thought?" She asked. Jae had never seen Youngguk zone out like that. Even when he was lost in thought when he was writing a tune after practice,  he had never zoned out to the point where she had to call his name more than once.

"You...I mean... well what do the boys and I mean to you? Other than a paycheck every couple weeks." Youngguk teased trying to get out of his awkward beginning.

Jae didn't even hesitate as she spoke. Replying instantly, this kind of question was a no brainer for her.

"You guys are my escape. Your music provides me with an escape from my life." Youngguk furrowed his eyebrows. She had needed an escape, but from what? From what he could tell she had an okay life, good friends and now because of them a steady paying job.

"An escape from what in your life?"

"My mother mostly. She left me and my dad couple years back. You're music helped me a lot during that time in my life. Not just BAP'S music but when you were Jepp Blackman as well." Jae stated before slipping her headphones in her ears.

"You knew me when I was Jepp Blackman?"

"Yeah. I liked your music. I was pretty happy when I found out that you were going to be in a idol group. I never really thought it was your kinda scene but hey, it's your dream right?" Jae said before bobbing her head to the music that began to play, she lowered it a bit incase Youngguk wanted to talk more, that way she could still here him.

"What's your dream then?" Youngguk asked.

"Same as yours, to make the music I want."

"So why be a backup dancer? Why not just audition for TS right away?"

"I have to improve before I can do what I love. My singing, my dancing, it all needs work and until I get where I want to be I won't audition. Besides I get a chance to dance with BAP, any BABY wouldn't dare turn it down." Jae joked at the end,Youngguk nodded his head.

Jae was more practical then she led on.

"Noona! What are you listening to?" Zelo said from behind them, he had been listening to the conversation and watching it as well, despite the weird glances Jongup gave him as he kept craning his neck to see his Hyung and Jae.

"Something I've been working on."

"Can I listen?"

"Sure." Jae said before handing the headphones through the gap near the seats and to Zelo's hands. As Zelo listened Youngguk cleared his throat.

"Could I listen after?It's only fair since you hear my old music. I should hear some of yours before you debut." Jae nodded her head.

"If I debut." she corrected him before Zelo passed her head phones back to her without a word. She gave them to Youngguk who gladly took them. Her voice filled his ears an instantly Youngguk knew.

She had talent.

Jae smiled at Youngguk as he listened, his face reminded her of Jonghyun when she first showed him the song. Jonghyun. She sighed.

Their cousin time had ended on a sad note, and there were so many things left unsaid. She could tell that there was something on his mind that he wanted to tell her. Maybe he would when she came back.

Jae could only hope.


A/N: Hey you lovelies! I just wanted to say thanks you for reading so far :D I know that you guys might be silent readers but feel free to let me know what you think, I'd love to hear from you all! ^-^