Ten

FanGirl

The crowds, the lights, everything about the BAP Japan tour was exciting. Jae loved going out after performances the most. She would go out with the other backup dancers, or BAP when they had the time and they would explore the streets.

Currently she was waiting for Jullie one of the other girl back up dancers to get her street food. Content with having her's already Jae happy munched on her food as she checked her phone. International calling wasn't cheap but already Jonghyun had called her ten times. Her dad had tried twice and Key once.

Jae decided to call her father back first. He picked up but then quickly had to hang up since he was still at the office. It was nice to hear his fathers voice, but it was already ten in the evening, he should be on his way home by now. Jae bit her lip as she thought of her dad taking extra hours to make up the loss from her mother's latest request. Twenty five thousand. She sighed, even if she gave him the leftover money after taking out her expenses for dance, and vocal lessons it still wouldn't be enough.

She called Key. He picked up after the first ring.

"What do you want?" He snapped which made Jae flinch at the anger in his tone of voice. He had called her so why was he angry.

"Key, you uh called me right?" She said as Jullie was walking towards her.

"Sorry, thought you were the Dino calling me again. Geez you've been gone two weeks and he's harassing me now to fill up your cousin time. I didn't know you guys spent that much time together, it like 24/7 your around each other." Jae giggled, she could picture Key puffing out his cheeks in annoyance. Key went on toe recap his day and Jae told him to look at the emails she sent of outfits that she liked. Key said he would make the best one as soon as he had time. Time, Jae glanced at her watch.

"Look, I gotta go back to the hotel now so I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Long day?"

"Dancing in the morning to prepare, and we just finished the concert about an hour ago. Jullie and I went to get something to eat."

"Good, you better be eating something healthy!" Key nagged. Jae chuckled since her food was greasy.

"Nae, whatever you say. I'll start eating healthy tomorrow."

"Yah!" Key said before the two bantered a bit before Jae hung up the phone. Jullie was munching on her own food looking at the younger dancer. Jullie was older than Jae by three years, and often thought of her as her younger sister once the two got to know each other.

"Who was that?" Jullie asked as the two made their way back to the hotel.

"Key." Jullie nodded her head. She had heard of Jae's best friend several times and even talked to him once when he called and Jae was in the shower.

"Have you called Jonghyun yet?" Jullie said through a mouthful of food. Jae shook her head.

"I will once we get back to the hotel." Jullie smiled and took on of Jae's hands before tugging her forward and picking up the pace of their walking.

"Hurry then. I'm sure he'll want to hear from you soon." Jullie laughed showing bits of food. Jae chuckled and quickened her pace.

***

"JAE I MISS YOU!" Jae heard Jonghyun say as she flopped onto her bed. Jullie was in the bathroom getting ready to sleep so it was just her in the room. Youngguk or Zelo might come over later on but currently Jae was interested in talking to her cousin.

"I miss you too." She said with a smile before turning over onto her belly, her shirt riding up a bit. Jae shivered from the cold air on her exposed skin but didn't tug her shirt down, too tired to do so.

"How the tour? Key says you called him first, I'm disappointed." Jae chuckled.

"Tours going great so far, and if your going to act like a brat then I won't bring you back some of the cool clothes I saw. Geez you gotta step up your fashion game Jonghyun or else you won't ever get a girlfriend."

Jonghyun was silent, and Jae wondered if the phone disconnected during their conversation. There was no sound of a dial tone so maybe it was just interference.

"Jonghyun?"

"Sorry still here.... would you like it if I started dressing better?" He asked, Jae pondered the question for a moment, before shaking her head, then giggling when she realized that he couldn't she her doing so.

"No, you dress they way you want. Sorry if what I said made you feel uncomfortable." Jonghyun laughed before the cousins continued their conversation. Jae learned that Taemin was interested in a girl in his dance class, Minho was auditioning for the school play and Onew was doing great at vocals as per usual. The one thing that Jae loved about Jonghyun was that he never really talked about himself. He was kind and caring towards the people he considered friends and did nothing but praise them and talk highly of them whenever he could. He was a good guy, and a great cousin.

"So enough about the boys, I'm sure they'll tell me everything that I've missed when they call me. Now what about you? How is Kim Jonghyun?" Jae asked before more silence was heard, she sighed and patiently waited for her cousin to speak again. Silence wasn't normal with Jonghyun, normally you couldn't get him to shut up. Something had to be wrong. "Jonghyun? What's on your mind"

"I'm... fine." By the slight hesitation Jae could tell he was lying. She didn't press the issue, he would tell her when he was ready.

The door to the room flung open as Youngguk into the room. Jae pouted and put a finger to her lip to let him know he had to wait for her to finish up on the phone. When he mouthed "Jullie." wondering when the older dancer was Jae pointed to the bathroom door.  He smiled knowing that she wasn't in the room making Jae wonder what the rapper had planned. It was late at night and he should have been resting like the other members, even if he was the leader of the band it still didn't give him and excuse to stay up late.

"That's a lie, but I'll be an awesome cousin and not press your buttons. Youngguk oppa just walked into the room and he looks like he needs something, I'll call you in the morning alright?" Jae heard Jonghyun sigh before he grunted "okay." and hung up.

Now that the conversation was over, Jae turned her attention towards Youngguk who was rocking back and forth on his heels.

"Did you need something?" She asked and Youngguk nodded his head.

"The other BAP members and I were wondering if you wanted to sleepover in our room." Jae raised an eyebrow before Youngguk began to stutter. "It's n-not for a shady reason or anything. Its just something we do with the other backup dancers."

"So if I ask Jullie then she'll say she slept alone in a room with you guys before?" Jae questioned making Youngguk blush slightly.

"Ah..well..." he trailed off before Jae rolled her eyes and smiled giggling at the rapper response.

"Relax, I'll sleepover I guess Jullie might like to have the room to herself anyway, maybe then her and Youngbae can have some alone time," Youngbae was Jullie's current boyfriend who was another one of the backup dancers for BAP. "you guys can't try anything though! I'll knee you all in the balls if you do."

Youngguk nodded his head before saying he would wait for her in the hall. Jae changed into her pajama's slipping on a pair of pajama shorts and a tank top and a larger blue sweater which she recognized to be one of Jonghyun's -that she had stolen to keep her warm and comfy- before telling Jullie of her plans for the night. Jullie squealed with delight rushing out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body before hugging the younger girl. Jae smiled and laughed along with her friend before she was shoved out of the room.

Youngguk smiled at Jae and her pajamas although he was thrown off slightly by the sight of the girl wearing a man sweater. She looked cute in it though, but Youngguk dismissed that though as soon as she spoke. She was just a friend nothing more, nothing less.

"Oppa let's go!" Jae said before taking Youngguk wrist and dragging him forward.She was excited for the sleepover, although that made her think that the BAP boys must have still been awake. She made a mental note to scold them later.

Meanwhile Youngguk gulped as the younger girl dragged him towards their room. She was too cute, but he had to stop himself from thinking these things.

She was just a friend to him. Just a friend.