Sixteen

FanGirl

It took two more months for her parent's to get a divorce. The court date for child custody hadn't been decided yet.

Her father was a mess, her house was a mess, and more importantly Jae's life was a mess. She had to take a break from dance so she could take care of her father. It didn't help that during her personal leave, Zelo would constantly be calling her asking her to hang out before she heard Youngguk on the end of the line yell at the maknae, and hang up the phone. Jae noticed the lack of happiness with in the younger boy as he danced and performed. It hurt her to know it was her fault but Jae pressed on. It was better to hurt him than to have him taken advantaged of by Kira.

She was her mother no longer so there was no need to refer to her as such.

"Dad?" Jae asked as her father was sitting at the dinning room table. His posture was slouched as he was eating his cereal. Her father was off today and normally he would be sleeping or doing some work in his study. He never really ate cereal, his breakfast choice was always toast, it was something quick and easy to make which fit his busy schedule. Something had to be wrong.

"Dad." Jae said as she sat in front of her father. He didn't look up choosing to continue to eat. Except he wasn't eating at all. There was nothing in his bowl, but he kept acting as if there was. Jae face fell and she held back tears. Her father's face was gloomy and his eyes were soul less. "Come on dad, how about we go out? We can get something better to eat than this?" Jae asked, her father looked up and smiled. It was a painful smile, but his words seem to hurt Jae more.

"Will your mother be there? She said she would meet me for breakfast."

"Dad that was two months ago."

"She promised."

Jae sighed. "How about I make you breakfast?" Her father shook his head.

"You can leave. Just make sure to come back." Jae nodded her head, deciding to leave her father alone for the time being. She could go meet Jonghyun, or maybe Key if he wasn't busy. Jae headed into the kitchen taking all the knives and sharp items that her father might be able to use to hurt himself and hid them in her room. This had become a routine after her mother left. Jae didn't want to take any chances, not after the first time.

***

Jonghyun was busy studying, and Key was busy designing. Jae sighed once again before heading to the local grocery store. There was nothing else she could do, Minho said he would meet her there since he was free. Taemin would probably come find them eventually and Onew was busy at a singing competition. It seemed like today it would just be the younger members of their friend circle.

"Jae!" Jae turned at the sound of her voice before she was engulfed in a hug. He smelled like sweat as per usual, quickly shoving Minho off of her she smiled before he took the basket she was carrying and they continued to shop.

"Hows your dad?" Minho asked as they were rooming the aisle for pasta. Her father had been craving it lately, Jae never questioned why.  She did anything she could that would comfort her father, buying him food, making sure he got to watch his tv shows. Simple things that she could do that was within her power to do so.

"He's....not alright. I caught him today eating nothing again. His eyes were soulless Minho." Jae fought back tears not wanting to make a scene in a public place. "Froggie, I don't know what I can do anymore." Jae said using Minho's nickname making him hum.

"Ducky." Minho said using her nickname. It was something the two had created when they were much younger, he was a frog and she was a duck simply because the two loved those animals. "It'll be alright." Minho said before pulling her into another hug. If there was something Minho wanted to do, it was to take away all the sadness Jae had. She had suffered enough in her life and it wasn't fair that just when she was finally happy that her sadness had to return. It wasn't much but Minho hoped that even if it was just for a second that his hug could take away all the pain and sorrow she felt.

Pulling away from the hug Jae smiled before a crash was heard behind them. A cap of some sort rolled to their feet.

"Noona?" Zelo's voice rang in Jae's ears before a "Jae." was heard. The deep voice was clearly Youngguk's. Jae looked to the side and saw that Zelo was there his hands formed as if he had been holding something. At his feet was a spilled drink which must have been the owner of the cap.

Minho looked at Jae and pouted as he saw her face. It was pained, she was hurting just by seeing their presence. He quickly shoved Jae behind his back and felt her gripped his back jacket. "Minho, let's just find Taemin and leave." He heard her whisper. Before he noticed the glare that the deep voiced guy was giving him. He recognized him as Youngguk from that group that Jae had been dancing for and the taller boy must have been apart of it too. He must have been Zelo.

"Noona who is this guy?" Zelo asked trying to go around the guy who was holding Jae behind his back. He could tell Youngguk was curious and to be honest Zelo was as well. He had seen the hug that he had given Jae and the smile she had given in return. Maybe he was just jealous, that his noona could see this guy but wouldn't even talk to to him anymore.

"I'm Minho and we were just leaving." 

"You're gonna run away now when you see us?" Youngguk spoke up. "Do you know how much this cutting off contact has hurt all of us! If you were a true BABY you wouldn't do something to hurt us!" That made Minho mad, and when he got mad Jae knew things could get violent really fast. As quickly as she could Jae stepped in front of Minho and wrapped her arms around him holding him back from punching the rapper.

Youngguk's eyes grew wide, she was defending him. She was making sure that he didn't get hurt, he was confused. If she cared about him and the other BAP member why would she cut off contact with them.

"Jae let me go! This guy is selfish, he's shoved so far up his he can't see that you're doing this to protect him!" Minho said trying to break the girls hold. It didn't work though Jae grip was like steel. "You wanna talk about hurting huh! Jae's hurting too! You think she wants to stop talking to you guys? If anything its the opposite, she's protecting you from her gold digging mother and this is the thanks she gets." Jae let go, and Minho took her hand. "Ducky, let's leave." Jae nodded her head the two leaving soon after.

Minho accompanied her on her way home. The walk was silent, going to the door was silent. And once she and Minho got into the house all she could do was scream. Her father had found the knives and he had cut his wrists.

His soulless eyes looking up to the ceiling, his chest was still moving, he was still breathing. He was still alive, there was still hope to save him. Jae quickly called for an ambulance, her voice shaking as she explained what had happened.

Jae cried as Minho held her as they waited for the ambulance to come. He made up his mind then. He would protect, he would be there for her, when Jonghyun and Key weren't and even if they were he would be the one to shield her.

"Froggie. I don't want to live with my mom.There's no way the court will let me live with my dad now." Jae said trembling as her father was being put into the ambulance.

"You can live with me Ducky, or Jonghyun." Jae nodded her head before Minho held her close to his chest and her hair, doing his best to comfort the younger girl. He would take away her sadness, that was a promise.


A/N: Hello readers!  This by far had to be my saddest chapter.  When I write things most of the time I visual what I'm writing and I have to say, writing this brought me to tears.. Anyone else like Minho stepping up to protect Jae? Left me know what you think in the comments for you non silent readers ^^

And to my silent readers :D thank you for the support from the shadows :P I like to think of you guys as ninjas ^-^