Fourteen

FanGirl

Her mother was getting on her nerves.

Jae sighed for the nth time this morning, and all because her mother had wanted to spend some bonding time with her. BAP seemed to constantly be mentioned by her mother-she wanted to meet the boys-and as they walked around the mall. Jae should have been spending this afternoon hanging out with Key or Jonghyun but no she had to be with her mother.

"And that Jongup fellow. You two seemed to have wonderful chemistry when you where performing that y dance. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being my son in law." Her mother said dreamily and Jae furrow her eyebrows annoyed.

"That will never happen. Jongup's too shy Kira." Jae wasn't about to call her mom so instead she resorted to using her mothers first name.

"Call me mom sweetie."

"That's not happening either."

"What about that Youngguk fellow? Or Zelo? They would fit you?"

"Kira, stop."

"Maybe Jonghyun would be better suited for you. You did grow up together and your not related biologically so there would be nothing wrong with it." Jae sighed as her mother continued to ramble. This was going to be a long afternoon.

***

Jae rolled over on her belly and laid upside down on her sofa. On the floor near her head Jonghyun sat, his tongue sticking out as he concentrated on the video he was playing. Watching Jonghyun play video games was always entertaining, he always seemed to make loud noises and scream at the TV when he lost.

Jae's phone began to ring and he picked it up quickly seeing that it was the BAP mangers phone. Either Manger Kang was calling to tell her the schedule for the next week or the boys had gotten a hold of his phone. The BAP members never really used their own phones- forgetting them in random places or not charging them often- so they would use Manger Kang's instead.

"Noona! Jongup's wearing a suit it's kinda creepy." Zelo said making Jae laugh. "And Youngjae hyung he's trying to kiss me again!" Jae shook her head at the two boys antics and Jonghyun looked up at his cousin to see what was up. She mouth "Zelo." and Jonghyun nodded his head slightly scowling knowing their cousin time would be cut shorter. He had already had to give up his afternoon with her because of her mothers insistence on bonding time, and now she would leave him again for the BAP boys. Jonghyun sighed, she had just gotten back so why did he feel so alone.

The scowl and sigh didn't go unnoticed by Jae though. "Yah, Junhong," Jae said knowing she would have Zelo's full attention if she used his real name as opposed to his stage name. "Would it be okay if I called you back tomorrow. I'm hanging out with Jonghyun right now."

"Sure thing Noona, I'll let the others know you said hi. Oh and Himchan wants you to help him cook next time you come over."

"Alright. Thanks Zelo."  Jae said before hanging up. She turned to her cousins who eyes were looking rather blank as he stared at the TV. "I promised to hang out with you for the rest of the evening. Now what do you want to do beside video games mister."

"We could have a movie marathon." Jonghyun said not wanting to get his hopes up and ask to do something extravagant. Jae would be content with a movie marathon, she liked simple things afterall.

"Yeah, you pick the movie, I'll go get the snacks." Jonghyun nodded his head and went to the stack of DVD's near the TV while Jae got up to go get the snacks.

The kitchen wasn't quite like Jae thought it would be. Her father was out at work and her mother was supposed to be in her room doing whatever her mother did. So when Jae walked into the kitchen and saw her mother on the phone, she couldn't help but eavesdrop. Her mothers back was facing her so it was easy enough to listen in on the conversation as she made the snacks.

"Aww baby I miss you too." Jae furrowed her eyebrows as she filled a bowl with pretzels. Her mother turned to look at her but dismissed her presence. "It's sad isn't it. He's wrapped around my finger, anything I want I can get. Look my daughter's in the room let me just move on out of here." Her mother said before walking out of the room.

It was bad enough that her father had taken her back, but her mother had a lover on the side as well. Jae sighed and ran her finger through her hair. Her father wouldn't believe her, he would need concrete evidence, just saying that she overheard her mother wouldn't do for him.

Jae pouted as she brought the snack back into the living room and sat down beside Jonghyun who had picked a comedy. That was good, she needed a laugh right now.

"You okay?" Jonghyun asked noticing the change in mood that Jae had gone through within a matter of minutes. Jonghyun had seen her mother coming out from the kitchen before Jae followed suit. Maybe the two had gotten into and argument? He hadn't heard any yelling, and Jae's voice was pretty loud when she was angry, there was no way he couldn't have heard her if she was shouting at her mother.

Jae shook her head before leaning closer to Jonghyun and putting her head onto his shoulder. He wrapped an arm around her pulling them closer together. Jae snuggled closer, Jonghyun was always there to provide comfort and made her feel better when she was down without saying a word. They didn't need words to communicate, body language and slight touches here and there could suffice during times when they didn't feel like talking.

"It's just. What if Kira's just using my dad again? I don't want him to get hurt again, and I don't think he could handle the pain of having her leave him again. You know how bad it was when she left the first time." Jonghyun nodded his head knowing very well the sadness that her mother had brought. Jae's father had almost tried to kill himself and Jae along with him. If it wasn't for a malfunction and Jae pleading for her father to come to his senses Jonghyun might not have been here holding Jae like this. Instead he might have been kneeling before her grave.

"I don't want to lie to you and say things will be alright. Knowing your mom it probably won't be, but just have hope. She came back and until the day comes when and if she decides to leave is the time you should be worried."

"She has a lover Jonghyun. I overheard them talking on the phone." Jae mumbled. Jonghyun began her hair trying to her down, Jae was shaking now and Jonghyun wasn't sure if it was from sadness of anger. He didn't know what more he could say so Jonghyun simply pressed a kiss to her forehead and the two continued watching the movie.

If her mother ever did leave again, Jae would have her father change his phone number email, heck maybe even move to another neighborhood just so she couldn't find them. The pain her father felt and the aftermath of her mother leaving was something Jae never wanted to experience. She never wanted to see that soulless look in her fathers eyes like she had on the night he tried to kill them both. Jae would prevent it somehow, she had too.

If her mother left again, this time there might not be a chance that Jae could stop her father from taking his own life again.