One

FanGirl

There was a fly in her room.

Jae looked up from her book and sighed before reaching down underneath her bed, took a fly swatter and began swinging wildly. After a few minutes she smiled knowing she had driven the fly out her opened down, quickly closing the door to her bedroom so the fly couldn't get back in she plopped down on her bed, to continue reading her book and left killing the fly to her father.

Jae could never read in silence so before she picked up her book she put in her earphones and pressed play on her music player. BAP's Warrior filled her ears and she went back to reading.

"Jae." A voice drew her away from Himchan's vocals and her books magical world. Looking to the doorway of her room to the source of the voice, Jae saw her father leaning against the door frame. He was still in his work clothes, work must have been rough, Jae could tell by the way his shirt was and un tucked. Her father was never one to look unpresentable even in his own household.

"Yeah dad."

"I got a call from the school. You skipped class today?" His voice curious to why his daughter would skip school. It didn't matter to him that she had, only the reason would decide if she would be grounded or not.

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Dance practice." She lied not wanting to let her father know where she actually had been all afternoon. Those two words made her father pout before he pursed his lips into a thin line. Knowing this would lead into an argument Jae lowered the volume bring down Daehyun's voice to that of a whisper,and doggy earring her current page before setting the book down on her bed beside her.

" Dancing is fine and all but your education is important, I don't want you to be like your old man with nothing but a high school degree."

Jae pulled her legs up to her chest and rested her head on her knees. Peering at her father analyzing his expression, her mind raced as she tried deciding on how to respond so she wouldn't get grounded. There was a BAP fan meet this weekend and if she missed it there would be no way she could refund the pass she bought, plus she would miss seeing her favourite idols.

"I got all the notes from Jonghyun. He said I didn't miss much." Her father's face softened knowing the name. Jonghyun was family to him-he was the adopted son of his sister- and if anyone could chew her out more than he could it would be Jonghyun. Knowing Jae must have gotten a scolding that even he as a father couldn't surpass he grunted an "alright don't let it happen again." before leaving the room and closing the door.

Jae sighed with relief knowing that she was still able to attend the BAP fan meet before her phone rang filling the silence that had fallen.

At the sound of Youngguk saying bass Jae picked up her phone,from her bedside table, knowing that it had to be either Jonghyun or her mother calling. No one else other than that really called her cell phone.

"Hello?"

"I'll be over in ten, how did your dad take you skipping?" She could hear Jonghyun's heaving breathing as he waited for her response, he must have been running or at least fast walking his way over.

"Once he heard you gave me notes, he knew you yelled at me already. How's Key doing? I haven't seen him all week?" Key was a mutual friend of Jae and Jonghyun. The boy was younger than the two and often sported colourful hairstyles. Dying his bangs pink or red was the normal for the latter, he was always around Jae since they had more in common together, but lately he had been absent from their social circle.

Jae had even skipped class today to go look for him. Running around town like an idiot showing his picture and asking people who invaded her personal space. Even going as far to lie to her father as her whereabouts. For Key she would do anything, it was the same for Jonghyun and the rest of her friends. They were a second family to her.

"He was busy doing some design project of his. You know he gets when he's in his artistic zone, his room is cluttered with fabric, and you can't get the guy to come out until his work is done. I just left his house and finally got him to eat something. He said he would come back to school tomorrow."

"Good. Are you still coming to the fan meet with me?" The doorbell rang and a few minutes later Jonghyun was standing in her room. Jae hung up her phone and smiled at her cousin.

"Wouldn't miss for the world." He said with a smile before sitting next to her on the bed. "So did you really go around town looking for Key? You didn't even bother checking his house?" Jae rolled her eyes at his comment before shoving his slightly.

"It's Key, you never know where he'll be. Besides, his mom wasn't home when I went to his house and clearly, since he was holed up in his room, he wouldn't answer the door." she said before Jonghyun shook his head at her response. He then lied down on her bed and sighed.

"I wonder how the fan meet is going to be? Getting to meet your idols and seeing them without a screen is going to be epic. You must be really excited. I bet you even have their Warrior choreography down pat already, and can dance it with your eyes closed."

"I can't wait. I can't believe I'll be one of the few to dance for them."

"You'll do great, just don't get lost in Youngjae's eyes while you dance. Then you'll choke for sure."

"How can we be cousins when you don't even know my bias is Zelo. Geez Jonghyun, even Key knows that and he doesn't even pay attention half the time if I'm talking about them."

"Shut up. Zelo,Youngjae what's the difference?"  she chuckled, very well knowing that their was a great difference between the two boys.

"About a year in age and six centimeters."

"Don't be a smart mouth."

"Don't get my bias mixed up."

"Whatever you say fangirl."

Jae was a BAP fan girl, the signed poster of the group on her wall said that much. As she propped up her feet on her bedroom wall and laid next to her cousin who had grown tired of their conversation and had fallen asleep. Putting her earphone back in and letting her bias's voice fill her ears, she bobbed her head slightly to his rap lyrics and closed her eyes. With BAP's music playing and her cousin by her side Jae could just forget about the troubles in her life. She felt peaceful, something she hadn't felt in a long time.