Chapter 9 – Living Room

Loving You Without Limit

Her POV

 

“So, what happened actually? Were you sick?” Bobby asks me as we move to the living room to watch something. Bobby actually is really curious about what happened few days ago in the practice room. But he restraints himself from asking about it.

“hmm, I just don’t feel well. Maybe my body is trying to adapt to the weather here. Do you what I mean?” I lie a bit.

“ah that’s right. I know how you feel. I felt that few years ago” he nods his head. I look at him, confused.

“I’m from ia” he beams.

“you are? That’s cool! No wonder your English is really good” I say referring to his English when he talked to me in the airport.

“haha, thanks. Let me guess, you actually are not Japanese, aren’t you?” he squints at me, pretending to act like a detective.

I laugh, “boom, you got it wrong~”

“eeeeh?”

“Well, nationality wise, I’m Japanese considering I was born and grew up there. But race-wise, I’m a mix. Half Japanese – half white American. My mom is white-american.” I explain.

“I can totally see that. Your eyes. This is my first time seeing you without your shades and your eyes’ color, it’s really light brown. What is it? Honey-hazel? And the shape is not really Asian, you know what I mean?”

I laugh to his statement.

“and your hair. It’s also light-brown, more like a color of chestnut. At first I thought you dyed it. But then, Yuki-noona has the same hair color. And back then when we entered the house, I saw childhood photos of you and Yuki-noona, with the very same hair color” he beams. He’s pretty observant.

I punch him lightly on his arm, “stalker” then we laugh.

“do you feel better now?” he asks

“yeah, thanks to you guys” I smile.

 

---

 

Jinhwan’s POV

I have no idea what in the world is happening here. Donghyuk and Yoonhyeong totally lose themselves in the music room. Hanbin and Bobby dig into the kitchen with full of happiness. Well, Yuki-noona said we can eat whatever we want from the kitchen. But they’re such a pig. They keep on trying on Japanese snacks which I’m pretty sure were brought by Ody. I know how much she loves snacks. When I was in Japan, I remember kaa-san kept sending Japanese snacks to the United States for Ody. That girl just loves sweet stuffs like Japanese snacks. Hanbin and Bobby better leave some for her or she could be really grouchy.

Anyway, we are supposed to watch TV together now, but now it’s only me and Joonhwe and…

“Jinhwan-hyung, could you please turn down the volume a little bit?” Joonhwe asks me and I can see Ody leans on his shoulder as they sit on the same couch. She fell asleep on his shoulder.

 

What?

 

 

A girl like Ody? Fell asleep on Joonhwe’s shoulder?! This girl barely knows how to act in front of boys. As far as I know, Ody didn’t have that many male friends back then.

 

I don’t know what kind of face I’m making but Joonhwe quickly says, “She said she was tired, she didn’t have good sleeps these past few days”

Guilt suddenly creeps on me. I blame myself for that.

“after few minutes we sat on the couch, she fell asleep immediately” he adds. I nod.

“nothing I can do about it” Joonhwe says.

 

Nothing you can do about it?! Yeah right. Why don’t you just leave her sleeps on the couch and stay away from her!

I surprised by my own thoughts. Am I being brotherly again over Ody?

I sigh, Ody can do whatever she wants, including sleeping on Joonhwe’s shoulder. 

 

---

 

Yuki’s POV

12.27 PM

Okay, it’s time for lunch and I think I can go home now.  I wonder how my baby Ody’s doing.

 

Arriving at the house

 

I press the door bell two times and next I see Jinnie opens the door for me, “Gomawo Jinnie” I say to him as I walk into house.

“Are you guys doing okay? What are you guys…”I don’t finish my words. When I make my way to the living room, I see Ody-my-baby sleeps safe and sound on Joonhwe’s shoulder. Joonhwe just stays there beside her while playing something on his phone.

“Hyung, who..” Bobby comes out from the kitchen and immediately bows to me. I smile at him.

Joonhwe soon realizes that I’m home and he makes this gesture as if he’s trying to get up to bow at me but he can’t. Obviously because Ody leans on him. I just whisper to him, “gwenchana”. He replies me with a head bow. Such a nice kid.

“have you guys eaten lunch?” I ask as I walk to the kitchen. Hanbin sits on the stool on the kitchen while nodding, headphone on his ears, and totally not paying attention to me. He’s in the middle of making lyrics.

Jinnie stands behind me, “Ah, we haven’t” he says.

“What do you guys want for lunch?” I ask again while opening the fridge. Of course I have the responsibility to feed these kids. They helped me a lot to accompany Ody today. But apparently only Jinnie who pays attention to me.

“anything is okay” Jinnie answers.

Soon I see Donghyuk and Yoonhyeong come into the kitchen, “annyeong haseyo” they say.

“annyeong” I smile. “were you guys having some fun there?” I ask as I know they were in the music room. I could hear the sound of the piano and guitar.

They beam, “you have a really nice music room, noona~”

“ah anniyo, it must be nothing compared to your practice room” I wink, they chuckle.

“Alright, I’m gonna make pasta for lunch since I have lots of it. Do you guys want something else?” I look at them one by one, minus Joonhwe. They glance at each other, “Anniyo, we’re good” Jinnie concludes.

“Oh! Ody-noona…” Donghyuk points at the living room.

“That’s okay, no worries. Just let her sleep for now” and make Joonhwe’s shoulder numb, I chuckle to my own silly thought.

I put out the ribbon pasta and spaghetti on the kitchen counter top I turn the stove on and boil some water in the pot.

Suddenly, a perfect idea comes to my mind. While waiting for the water to boil, I go to the living room, grab my camera from the drawer and walk carefully, as quite as I can so Joonhwe won’t notice me.

The boys watch me curiously from the kitchen.

 

 

Click!

 

 

Oops, the sound and the flashlight are on.

“noona! Boeyo?” Joonhwe frowns at me

I see Ody scrunches her eyes then opens it.

“Joon..hwe?” is the first word she says.

“ah, noona, did you sleep good?” Joonhwe changes his vision to Ody

She rubs her eyes, I see Joonhwe’s lips raise and turn into smile. Hmm, this is interesting. There might be something going on here.

“Did I.. sleep on your shoulder? Mianhe.. I..” she’s blushing

“That’s okay, I’m glad you slept good” he calmly says.

“Yeah, it was comfortable” she innocently replies.

They completely ignore my existence.

“Ahem” I cough. I hide the camera to my back.

“nee-chan?” She’s surprised to see me, and then she looks at Joonhwe, then at me again. Her cheeks immediately blush. I chuckle. She looks so adorable, I can see she is so much better now.

“I’m making pasta for lunch. Are you hungry?” I ask

“hmm” she mumbles.

Joonhwe is the gentleman of the day. He stands first then gives his hand to Ody to help her getting up. I can clearly see they could be such a real cute couple. Joonhwe is so tall yet Ody is so petite. When they are together like this, it’s as if Joonhwe is the older one.

We walk to the kitchen and Jinnie is staring at Joonhwe and Ody the whole time. His eyebrows furrowed.

 

 

Hmm?

 

 

 

 

Did I miss something?