Chapter 16 – What’s Happening?

Loving You Without Limit

No One’s POV

 

“GO TO THE BACK!” Hanbin yells all over the practice room.

“Why can’t you remember the choreo? Donghyuk-ah, go to the back a little bit. Joonhwe-ah, put more feeling into it.” He explains the flaws.

“Yes” the boys obediently nod.

Jinhwan walks to the computer in attempt to replay the song so they can practice all over again. But suddenly the door opens wide. Ody’s head sneak in a little bit.

“Eh? Did I bother you guys?” she stops at the door handle.

“Noona!” Donghyuk beams as he opens the door for Ody. Ody smiles as she murmurs to say thank you to Donghyuk.

“I thought you guys might be hungry so I bought lunch over” She lifts the plastic bags she has on both of her hands. The boys immediately run to the lunch, it’s really a perfect time to eat after a rough dance practice.

“Thank you, Noona, saranghae~” Donghyuk emits his aegyo. Ody chuckles for it.

“Waah, thank you Ody” the rest spills their gratitude as well. She just watches them digging into their lunch box as she makes her way to sit on the other side of the room.

“You really come” Joonhwe sits beside her. The rest of the boys are still on another side of the room.

“I’m a man of my words” she grins.

“I’m going to the restroom” Jinhwan chooses that moment to walks outside the room.

Ody’s eyes follow him as he opens the door. She has that sad look written all over her face. Joonhwe realizes the change in Ody’s face.

“Noona…” he softly calls her. But Ody just stuck her eyes on the door. She doesn’t listen to Joonhwe. Joonhwe sighs.

 

 

“I can make you forget about Jinhwan-hyung…”

 

 

“What?” Ody swiftly turns her head to Joonhwe, she’s confused. Did she mishear? What did Joonhwe say?

 

Now they face each other. Just like a slow motion, Joonhwe takes of his snapback, put it between his cheek and Ody’s ; covering his face and Ody’s so it blocks people on another side of the room to see them. If they pay attention.

 

 

 

 

 

He moves his face closer to kiss her, gently. It’s a light peck on the lips.

 

 

Ody’s surprised. Not moving an inch. She doesn’t know what to do. One thing for sure, her heart beats faster like crazy.

 

Joonhwe moves his face away, he studies Ody’s face then says, “Look at me, only me”

 

Ody blinks few times, for some reasons that smart brain of her works slower this time. She’s trying to process what just happened.

Seeing no reaction, Joonhwe clears his throat, “Do you wanna go there?” He stands up and extends his hand to help Ody to get up.

Ody stares at his hand, and mind-absently puts her hand on Joonhwe’s. Suddenly she can feel her face getting hotter. She blushes in pink.

 

 

 

Joonhwe kissed her. Kissed… KISSED! IN THE PRACTICE ROOM!

 

 

 

Oh dear, now she’s just hoping the boys didn’t see that scene as they are busy eating and chit-chatting.

Her face getting even redder as she recalls what just happened. Joonhwe laughs when he sees Ody’s blushing. He puts his snapback on Ody.

“Let’s go” He holds Ody’s hand tight as he drags her to go back to where the others’ sit.

 

 

“Omo, you guys hold hands!” Bobby exclaims between his munching

“Aigoo~ Affectioooon” The boys start to make a fuss about it. Joonhwe just laughs at their silliness while Ody awkwardly sits beside Joonhwe.

The door is opened and Jinhwan comes in. “Oh, you guys already started eating?” he asks while he’s making his way towards the rest.

One thing catches his attention.

 

 

Joonhwe holds Ody’s hand.

 

 

He sighs. “Joonhwe-ah, how is Ody supposed to eat if you keep holding her hand?” He flatly says it in a matter-of-fact tune while taking his lunch box from the plastic bag.

“Ah, sorry” Joonhwe gently release Ody’s hand.

Ody stares at her now empty hand, she then looks at Jinhwan but the said boy apparently doesn’t look at her in return.

“I’m going outside” She says.

She stands up and walks fast to reach the door. Joonhwe immediately follows her without saying anything. Jinhwan just sighs. He can’t deny the fact that seeing Joonhwe held Ody’s hand got him on his nerves.

The other boys stealing glances at each other, mouth still full with foods.

 


 

Joonhwe’s POV

 

There she is.

I find her sitting on the bench outside the building. I walk closer to her.

“Noona…”

“I’m not crying” She says while looking up to me. She’s trying really hard not to cry even though I can clearly see tears already blocking her eyes. She bites her bottom lips as if it helps to prevent the tears from falling down.

I squat down to see her in eyes. She stares at me. One tear falls down. I quickly wipe it with my thumb. She cries even more. I sigh, “Noona, don’t cry”

 

 

What do you feel? Do you really like Jinhwan-hyung? Why can’t you see me?

 

 

“Mianhae…” She whispers.

 

I pull her up to stand and bury her in my arms. I can hear her still sniffing on my chest. I kiss her chesnut hair.

“Please don’t cry” I gently whisper while wrapping her in my arms

 

 


 

No One’s POV

 

“You should go back to the practice room” She whispers, hoarse. She’s no longer crying yet still sniffing.

“How can I leave you like this?” Joonhwe protests.

“I’m okay, you should go back” She insists.

“Do you want to go back with me?” He now stares at her who sit on the bench.

She shakes her head in refusal.

“Do you want to go back home?” He softly asks her.

She nods.

“Wait here, okay? I’m gonna walk you home. I’ll be back soon. Wait, okay?”

“Wha-what? Hey! Joonhwe!” Ody tries to stop Joonhwe but he runs back to the building already.

 

Joonhwe sees his hyungs walks back in hurry to the practice room, too.

 

 

Crap, they must have seen what ever happened outside, he talks so himself.

 

 

“Hyung, I’m gonna take Ody-noona home” Joonhwe directly says to Hanbin as he changes his shirt that he got from his bag. He always spares another shirt whenever they have practice.

“Okaaay? Why are you changing your shirt?” Hanbin frowns.

“She was crying on my shirt, it’s all wet now.” Joonhwe grabs his jacket.

“I’ll be back, hyung. I’ll be quick” Joonhwe bows to Hanbin before leaving the room.

“Okay. Take care!” Hanbin yells

Joonhwe takes one last glance to Jinhwan before really leaves the room. He mentally takes note to talk to his hyung later. The most important thing right now is Ody. He just hopes she’d wait for him. And fortunately, she does. She stands and look at the blue sky, slowly closing her eyes and deeply breaths in.

 

Who do you see when you close your eyes?

 


 

“Thank you for walking me back home” She bows.

“No problem. Is Yuki-noona home?” Joonhwe asks.

“I don’t think so. She works today” Now she pouts.

Joonhwe chuckles, "What are you gonna do?"

 

Out of nowhere, a car stops in front of the house. An adult woman walks out the car with a serious face. She's definitely not an Asian. She has the same hair color as Ody

 

Joonhwe stares at the lady, and then stares at Ody. Ody's eyes widen as she sees the figure who now scanning the house.

 

"Kaa-san..?" She whispers in shock

 

Joonhwe frowns.

 

As soon as the woman recognized Ody, she runs towards her and hugs her tight.

 

"Baby, why didn't you tell me anything?" She tightens her hugs on Ody.

 

Joonhwe feels awkward, doesn't know what to do. Then he feels someone grabs his jacket sleeve. He looks down. Ody's small hand grabs his sleeve tightly as her mom hugs her. Her eyes begging for help.

 

What's happening?

 


Author’s Note : Ugh, yeah.. I know too many things happened at once. But hey, that’s the fun. First you feel all the fluffiness from Ody and Joonhwe. Next, the mom makes her appearance~ teehee ^^

And so, the secret Ody hides will be revealed in the next chapters. I hope you guys looking forward to it. As, well, this story coming to an end ^^ I am currently busy with new semester on school. It just drives me crazy. As I told you guys in the ANNOUNCEMENT

Welcome to new readers and subscribers! Thank you for commenting, you guys are majestic!