Chapter 6 – Old Pain

Loving You Without Limit

I throw my eyes to all over the room, scanning every detail. It’s really big. Mirrors are on the two sides of the walls, I’m pretty sure it helps them to evaluate their own self during practice. There’s a computer on the left side of the room. There’s a smaller room inside this practice room. Mixing room? This is awesomeness.

I look some of the boys grab water bottle then lay on the floor. I raise my eyebrow, that must be nice~

Then I see Jinhwan makes his way towards me. I soon put my poker face mask on.

“hey” he says while takes a sit next to me on the floor.

“hey” I respond. My voice crooks, this is embarrassing.

“you know…”

 

He’s interrupted.

 

 

 

“hoaa hyung what are you doing there?”

“are you guys sharing stories? I wanna know too!”

“wooo count me in!”

 

The next second, four boys sit in circle around me and Jinhwan. Hanbin’s not here, he’s outside. Toilet? Maybe.

I look at them one by one carefully. Should I say something?

“yah! Don’t stare at her like that!” Jinhwan snaps at Yoonhyeong

“woaaa chill hyung, I won’t do anything!” Yoonhyeong laughs.

 

I frown. Why did he do that?

 

 

He looks at me, “nothing” he says

“ah noona, are you really 19?” Joonhwe asks me out of nowhere.

“yes I am” I smile while fixing my shades.

“woaa you really don’t look like one! I thought you were 16 or something!” Bobby says.

 

 

Ugh, thanks dude, I take that as a compliment, my inner-self hisses. So many people had mistaken me as a middle-schooler because of my petite body.

 

 

“Jinhwan-hyung is the same! He’s 21 yet he doesn’t look like one!” Donghyuk bluntly says it out loud.

Everybody laughs.

Hanbin enters the room, “are you guys having some fun there?”

Soon he sits with us.

“so.. what are we going to do?” I ask.

“ah, noona! Tell us about yourself!” Joonhwe suggests it.

“why?” I smirk at him.

“just because.. it’d be nice if we all know each other” he says.

“yah! Are you trying to hit on her?” Bobby nudges him, everybody laughs.

I chuckle, “well, let’s introduce ourselves first. I know you guys already did it on the airport but I’m so sorry I didn’t really pay attention, I was feeling grouchy that time”

“eh? You guys already did?” now Donghyuk confused.

“yeah, maknae. We met her when we were at the airport. You weren’t there” Yoonhyeong says.

“ho? Is that so?” he frowns.

“well, I’m the first?” Hanbin starts. We nod.

“annyeong haseyo, Kim Hanbin imnida. 19 years old” he bows. Same age as me.

“I’m Kim Jiwon, but you can call me Bobby. 20 years old” Bobby says with his dorky smile. I can’t help but smile back at him.

“annyeong haseyo, my name is Yoonhyeong. 20 years old too” the one who doesn’t look like Korean introduces himself.

“I’m Goo Joonhwe. You saved me in the airport, I’m 18 years old.” I laugh to his statement. Donghyuk in state of confuse again.

“saved you from what? Oh, my name is Donghyuk, 18 too” the one named Donghyuk with blonde hair bows at me.

Now all eyes on Jinhwan, when he’s about to open his mouth, I quickly say, “You are Kim Jinhwan, I know you”

The boys laugh.

And when I’m about to introduce myself, Jinhwan snaps, “She is Takahashi Ody, from Japan”

He smirks at me. “well, thank you. that was nice, Jinhwan-sshi” I say to him. The boys laugh.

“Hold on, could someone please explain to me what happened in the airport?” Donghyuk the lost child finally blurts everything in his confused-mind.

“I was about to pick the hyungs from the airport but then I was chased by fangirls. Ody-noona was there and hid me from the fangirls. So yeah..” Joonhwe explains and Donghyuk nods to his explanation.

I smile at him, the maknae called Donghyuk is cute.

“ne noona, why are you coming to Korea?” Joonhwe now puts his attention on me.

“hmm? Me? vacation.” I shortly answer.

“do you work? Or do you go to college?” Bobby asks

“still in college, I go to Todai. Do you guys know Todai? Tokyo Daigaku?” I ask. They shake their head.

“It’s Tokyo University”

I can see they’re saying ‘aa’ in silent.

“are you taking arts?” Jinhwan asks me.

I swiftly turn my head to him, then immediately turn away. He remembers I used to paint..

I slightly smile at him then smirk, “nope~”

“What is your major? Why did Jinhwan-hyung guess arts?” Donghyuk asks

“I’m a medical student” I laugh. They give this super surprised face that I ever seen. “I know I don’t look like one, but I really am. He guessed arts probably because I used to paint a lot back then”

“hoaa that’s cool! And it’s even cooler that you know Jinhwan-hyung before us!” Hanbin finally talks.

“yeah! How did he end up in your house?” Bobby asks

I laugh, “end up? Ahaha that’s funny. But well honestly I didn’t really know, because I was an exchange student too, I wasn’t home when he’s arrived in Japan; I was in the United States. When I came back to Japan, I found out that I’ve been having a presence of a brother for 5 months in my house” I explain. They nod.

“oh, oh! How did you know sajangnim?” Yoonhyeong asks.

“hmm, kaa-san, I mean, my mom, she was an exchange student too when she was in college. Apparently sajangnim was her junior. And I also just found out today that kaa-san actually works with YG entertainment as one of the fashion stylists for YG artists.” I say.

“that’s really cool! Exchange students family!” Donghyuk beams in awe; I chuckle then fix my shades again.

“Hyung said you’re from Japan, does it mean you are Japanese? But your Korean is really good” Yoonhyeong says.

“well, thankyou! And yes, I’m Japanese, considering I was born and grew up in Japan. I’m still learning Korean though. Since my sister moved to South Korea for work 3 years ago, I learn Korea in case I’ll visit her here, so yeah..” I smile.

Yoonhyeong nods.

“But Ody, you know.. I kinda have this feeling that you have something going on with Jinhwan-hyung” Bobby blurts out his mind all of the sudden. He raises his eyebrows up and down as if he’s giving me “I-know-what-you-did” look on his face.

 

 

 

 

 

I can feel my shoulders stiffen. Please don’t remind me…

 

 

 

 

 

I suddenly feel the same old pain

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Excuse me, I’m going home now”

I immediately stand up and rush to the door. I don’t want to cry in front of people.

“ODY!!”

I hear Jinhwan calls me but I pretend like I don’t hear it and just keep walking.

“wa..wae?” Bobby stuck in confusion.

 

---

Hanbin POV

“what happened?” I ask Jinhwan-hyung in confusion as I saw Ody stomps towards outside the room.

“did I say something wrong…?” Bobby-hyung confused just like me.

But as soon as Ody opens the door handle, Jinwhan-hyung yells to call her. He ignores my question and bursts out, trying to catch Ody up.

After a long time, it’s the first time I see Jinhwan-hyung getting all worked up like that.

I throw glances at the others; they’re stuck, just like me. We have no idea what’s going on here, especially between Jinhwan-hyung and Ody.

I decided to go outside the room and look for Jinhwan-hyung.

There he is, in front of the building, Ody stands close to him. I have no guts to go to approach them. I just watch Jinhwan-hyung and Ody from the lobby. Close enough to spy them both.

I see hyung holds Ody’s wrist as she talks, I can’t hear what they’re talking about. Jinhwan-hyung looks down at the road. Ody is… crying? Is she really? I can’t make sure since she’s wearing shades but her shoulders are shaking.

Just like a movie scene, I see hyung slowly releases his hand grip from Ody. He says something, then Ody slowly raise her hand and put it on hyung's cheek gently.

 

I'm surprised.


She says something more.

 

Then she leaves, walks away from hyung who just stands there.

 

 

 

As Ody disappeared from my sight, I can see hyung slowly raises his head, look at the direction where she left. He has this.. I don't know, painful expression?

 

 

 

 

I just keep in silent and go back to the practice room.

 

 

 

 

---

Author's note : HOWDY DO PEOPLE! aish, I'm so pumped up today because I just found a pic of Jinhwan and Yoonhyeong (fantaken) on tumblr today. I feel like I just got my Christmas present, lol (yesssss I'm crazy like that!)

Anyway, tomorrow is Christmas!! How are you guys preparing yourself for Christmas? Are you guys excited?

BUT! before I forget!! SHOUT OUT for my new subscribers ; adlains and blue_asprin thankyou so much /throws thousand hearts/

oh oh anyway, the angst starts here......

 

BUT, i still have more to expect! because...

 

I'm gonna flood this fanfic and update for more chapters! this is my christmas presents for my readers and subscribers! thank you for much for your support, i'm so happy reading every comments (so please comment more, lol)

 

I hope you guys liked it, enjoy <33