Side Story - Joonhwe's Birthday

Loving You Without Limit

“Are you sure it’s okay?” Ody asks as quiet as she could, she almost whispers.

“yeah, yeah, don’t worry. I’m sure it’s all fine.” Hanbin reassures her. Bobby, Jinhwan, Yoonhyeong and Donghyuk nod in agreement.

“But you guys told me before that he’s really bad at waking up in the morning” Ody’s worried

“It’s fine, noona. Don’t worry. You flew all the way from Japan to Korea for him. I’m positive he will be in heaven to see you waking him up” Donghyuk beams.

“But…”

“Aigooo, just open the door, go in, and wake him up, okay? We will prepare the last touch for his birthday surprise. Okay?” Yoonhyeong gently pushes Ody towards Joonhwe’s bedroom’s door.

 

Today is Joonhwe’s birthday. Ody purposely came from Japan to South Korea for Joonhwe. It’s been quite a long time since the last time they met. Of course Ody misses him. But she can’t force him to be with her all the time considering he’s busy with his career in Korea and she herself is busy with college in Japan. Being in a long distance relationship is a rough road for both of them. But they maintain it well. They keep in contact to each other. They always make sure even though they are so far away, they always have time for each other.

Because today is Joonhwe’s special day, Ody wants to be beside him. Good thing she has days-off from college and she got a permission from her parents to go to South Korea for her beloved Joonhwe. She didn’t tell Joonhwe about her going to South Korea. But the rest of the B team boys know. That’s why, in morning like this, she’s already at the boys’ dorm. Everybody’s up but Joonhwe. They boys told Ody to wake him up, because according to the boys, it’d be really special for Joonhwe to have his girlfriend wakes him up on his birthday. Because, nothing’s like seeing the person you love in the morning, the first time you open your eyes for the day.

Ody is nervous. Joonhwe is well-known for his bad-manner in the morning. He’s really grouchy in the morning. The boys told her about that before. Ody met Joonhwe in the morning only once in the 3 years she knows him. It was when she was about to go back to Japan for her leukemia therapy. Joonhwe has been waiting for her in the airport since early morning. He didn’t look grouchy though. But Ody doesn’t know about him now, about his morning behavior, she knows nothing about it. That’s why she’s nervous about this idea of waking Joonhwe up.

The boys stare at her carefully as she walks to the door. They wait in patience to see her go into Joonhwe’s room.

Ody takes a deep breath in, hoping Joonhwe wouldn’t yell at her or mad at her or anything else.

Ody looks back at the boys, they gesture her to keep going. So she does.

Clicked. The door opened.

Ody walks slowly into the room. The room is dim, the only light that illuminates the room is the sun that starts to shine through the glass window.

Ody sees Joonhwe wraps himself in blanket tightly. No sign of waking up. Ody shakes the blanket a little bit in attempt to wake him up. He struggles in his sleep, refusing to open his eyes. He pulls the blanket to cover him even tighter. Ody smiles to the scene. Ody looks at the door. The boys wait on the edge of the door, watching her. They whisper, “Fighting!”

Ody shakes Joonhwe’s shoulder without saying anything. She hears him groans in annoyance. Ody steps back a little bit, startled. She shakes her head. Why doesn’t he wake up? For god sake, it’s morning already!

Joonhwe still refuses to give any sign of waking up even though Ody purposely turns the lights on.

Ody sighs.

She pulls Joonhwe’s blanket in one sharp snap as she loudly demands, “WAKE UP GOO JOONHWE!”

Joonhwe immediately wakes up as he hears her voice. His eyes wide open in shock. The boys try their best to hold their laughter and move away from the door so Joonhwe can’t see them. They never expected Ody would do that! And gosh, Joonhwe’s expression was epic!

Joonhwe blinks few times to process what just happened. He felt like he just heard a fire alarm rang in frustration. But no, it was Ody’s voice. Hold on, Ody? AUDREY?!!!

He looks up and he sees Ody stands close to his bed. He can’t believe his eyes, his mouth opened in disbelief.

Ody smiles, “Good morning” she says while holding his blanket.

Joonhwe’s speechless. Apparently his brain works slower in the morning.

“Are you already awake or are you still in your dream?” Ody comes closer to him.

“Audrey…?” Joonhwe’s husky voice in the morning lingers in Ody’s ears. She missed that voice a lot.

“Yes, it’s me” She answers.

“Is that really you?” Joonhwe bluntly asks her. He stares at her in disbelief.

She chuckles. She puts the blanket back on Joonhwe’s bed. Joonhwe sits on the edge of his bed. He blankly stares at Ody who just put the blanket on his bed.

“You better wake up and get ready. For god sake it’s almost 7 Goo Joonhwe, and you ---“

Ody immediately stops her talking because she can feel Joonhwe hugs her tightly from her back as she was about to walk to the door.

“It’s really you…” he whispers on her shoulder.

Ody turns her body so now she faces Joonhwe. Ody smiles and Joonhwe puts his hands wrapping Ody’s waist. Ody looks up and Joonhwe looks down to put his forehead touching Ody’s.

“I miss you so bad” He whispers, pulling Ody even closer to him like he doesn’t want to let go.

Ody chuckles then hugs Joonhwe tightly, “Happy birthday Goo Joonhwe”

Joonhwe buries his face on Ody’s shoulder like a little kid. Ody laughs as she pats Joonhwe’s shoulder.

“Ahem” Hanbin coughs as he and the boys enter the room. They are wearing the party hat and Donghyuk carries the birthday cake.

Joonhwe and Ody pull off the hugs, but Joonhwe’s hand still tightly wraps Ody’s waist.

“We don’t want to bother your time, guys…” Bobby smirks

“But we also want to celebrate Joonhwe’s birthday” Jinhwan continues. They’re all laughing.

They start to sing happy birthday for Joonhwe. And it’s a wonderful morning for Joonhwe.

 


Author's Note : tadaaaaa~ this is Joonhwe and Ody's side story ^^ well, it's way too early for Joonhwe's birthday though but nevermind, I can do what I want to Joonhwe in my story, lol

I hope you enjoyed the fluffiness *hugs hugs*

This marks the end of Loving You Without Limit. Thank you for your support <3