Chapter 18 – His Feeling

Loving You Without Limit

Joonhwe's POV

 

I walk into the practice room, I feel miserable. As I open the door, the hyungs and Donghyuk are practicing their own parts of dance

"Oh you're back.." Yoonhyeong-hyung notices me

"Hmm" I nonchalantly answer while taking my jacket of and tightening my shoe laces

"Gwenchana..?" Hanbin-hyung taps my back

"Ah yes don't worry" I slightly smile

"No, you don't look okay, something happened?" He asks me

"Ah, anniyo hyung, I'm alright" I lied. No, I’m not okay

 

He stares at me.

 

"Okay if you say so…" he’s back to practice.

 

 

Hold on, something bothers me. That envelope…

 

 

 

"Donghyuk-ah.." I call Donghyuk.

"yes?" he answers while keeps practicing

"What is CBC? Complete Blood Count?" I nonchalantly ask him. I expect he would know it since he is the smart cookie in this group.

He stops practicing, "CBC yo? Isn't it that laboratory checks up for blood? Why?"

 

My heart beats faster as I listen to his answer

 

"Why.. What is that for? That CBC? Why people would have CBC?" I ask him again

"Well, as far as I know, CBC is used to detect any deviation or abnormality in blood. Like blood cancer, something like that" he explains.

 

I feel my blood drains from my body. I'm suspecting the worst now

 

"" I quickly search for my phone in my jacket and dial Ody-noona's number. Couple times, but she doesn't pick it up. Well yeah, I should’ve expected that.

 

"aaargh!!" I groan desperately.

 

"yah! What's wrong with you?" Hanbin-hyung yells at me.

 

I try to dial Yuki-noona's number. She doesn't pick up either.

 

I slump on the floor, massaging my temples.

 

"Yah Joonhwe, what's getting into you?" I hear Donghyuk yells at me

"Her mom came to Korea!" I literally yell now.

"Whose mom? The noona's mom?"

 

"kaa-san..?" Jinhwan finally talks

 

"Yes.. The lady was crying and she has this CBC envelope. I think that envelope is Ody-noona's but I don't know, I don't understand what they were talking about. I don’t understand Japanese, okay?!" I frantically explain everything that just happened.

 

Right at the moment, my phone rings

 

Yuki-noona

 

I quickly swipe my phone to answer it, "Yoboseyo? Noona?"

 

"Joonhwe-ah, did you call earlier?"

"Yes, I did. Noona.. Th-That envelope, CBC.." my mind goes blank. I don’t even know what I’m saying.

 

There's a gap of silence on another line.

 

"You're pretty fast, huh?" She finally talks

 

"noona..."

 

"Joonhwe-ah, could you please listen to me?" she says

 

I nods even though I know she can't see it. She takes my silent as a yes.

 

 

 

"Ody.. Is diagnosed with leukimia."

 

 

 

My heart just shatters in instant.

 

"She needs to go for therapy but she ran away. She's afraid. She took a temporary leave from college to see all the people she loves. She went to the States to visit her host family when she was on exchange program. She went to Switzerland to spent some times with our dad, and now she's in Korea, as she said she really missed me. I didn’t know about all of this. I had no idea. I absolutely thought there was nothing wrong with it. Of course there's a time when you really miss someone to the point you will do anything to see that person, right? Well, at least at first, that’s how I thought she felt"

 

I just keep in silence, anticipating her continuation

 

"Mom came all the way from Japan to Korea after she found out about the CBC lab report. That's a greatest punch in the face she ever got. Ody usually will tell us anything. Anything. But not this time. That's why mom was really upset."

 

I take a deep breath

 

"You do realize ody is weak, right?" she asks

 

"Yes…”

 

My mind flashes all the memories I spent with Ody-noona. She always looked pale, she's so tiny, also that time when she almost fell down in the kitchen.

 

Arghh...

 

"So, mom decided to take Ody back home, to Japan."

"what..?"  I can feel my stomach scrunching up.

"Yes. Mom will be by her side during the therapy"

 

"She's going for a therapy?" I feel like a retarded who keeps replaying what Yuki-noona said. Donghyuk and hyungs shoot me a wide eyes shock. That's not important, I will explain everything to them later.

 

"Yes.. Transplantation also might be a choice to do"

 

"Wh-What? I.. I..”

 

"I'm telling you this because I know that you're really close to her. She trusts you. She might doesn't show it well with her attitude, but I hope you know that you mean a lot to her… "

 

I feel a slight of hope mounting in my chest.

 

"Could you please do me a favor?" Yuki-noona asks me

 

"Yes" I immediately answer.

 

 

 

 Anything