Chapter 19 – Parted

Loving You Without Limit

No one's POV

 

Joonhwe taps his feet on the cold floor, anxiously looking at the gate. The rows of empty steel seats stare at him. The cold morning is easily forgotten by him as he keeps waiting for one person to show up.

 


Flashback

 

"Could you please do me a favor?" Yuki asks him.

 

"Yes" he answers

 

"Mom already books the flight. She and Ody will leave in two days. Could you please be there for her? As much as I want to be there, I can't. I have to stay at the office that day. Damn work, I can't even have a day off" There a hint of disappointment in her voice.

 

"I'll be there, I will" he firmly convinces Yuki

 

A sigh of relief heard from another line.

 

"Thank you Joonhwe”

 

End of flashback

 


 

Joonhwe purposely woke up really early this morning, the rest of the boys will come later. But Joonhwe just doesn't want to miss any second before Ody leave Korea. He checks on his phone, Yuki sent her the information about Ody's flight. He wants to make sure that he's at the right terminal as said.

 

He tosses his head around, his heart beats faster as he starts to feel the cold air creeping on his neck.

 

He watches people walk by, the airport is not that crowd. He sighs, burying his face in his hands.

 

When he looks up, he sees Ody walks towards the terminal. He immediately stands up, Ody easily recognizes him because of his tall body and the snapback he's always using.

 

Ody looks at her mom, and then looks back at Joonhwe. Joonhwe just waits at his place.

 

Ody's mom taps her back, signaling her to walk towards Joonhwe. So she does.

 

"Joonhwe..?" she quietly calls

Joonhwe smiles, "morning"

She smiles at him, "it's amazing you can wake up this early"

 

He chuckles, I’ll do anything for you, his inner-self talks

 

"Did you sleep good?" he asks.

There's a change in her face, "I didn't. I couldn't" she puts a guilty smile

He feels there's a painful stab in his chest as he saw her face.

 

 

 

He hugs her. He tightly hugs her. And for the first time ever, she hugs him back.

 

 

 

"You are cold" she says

"Warm me up then" he tightens his hugs

Ody struggles in his arm, "You’re being vulgar" she pouts

 

Joonhwe laughs

 

"You know, I never know you will go this soon" he starts talking as he slowly moves away from Ody

 

Ody looks into his eyes

 

"I have a story" she says

 

Joonhwe tilts his head

 

"There's a girl, she was trying to run away from her reality. From her painful first love that she tried to forget yet she was forced to face it. She tried to run away from her sickness, but once again, she was slapped to face it. During that time, she met a really tall boy, who cares for her. He might look ignorant but slowly, he becomes the reason for the rapid heartbeat of the girl. She doesn't know what she really feels. But he makes her forget about her problems. He fills the hole on her heart, he heals the wound she has."

 

Joonhwe's heart beating so fast

 

"But the universe is so cruel. Just when she thinks she finally enjoys her life, the worlds says she has to face what she’s been avoiding. She’s afraid of any kind of possibilities. She’s afraid of the time. Will she able to make it? Will she has a chance to live her life without any pain that slowly takes her away?”

 

She takes a deep breath in, trying her best not to cry

 

"She is afraid, when she's gone, will that boy forget her? Will everything become memories only?"

 

Joonhwe pulls her back into his chest, "No, that boy will wait for her."

 

Ody hugs him tight.

 

 

 

"I will wait for you"

 

 

 

He releases his hug, he gently holds Ody's face in his hands and kiss her forehead. Ody closes her eyes as if she's absorbing energy from Joonhwe

 

"Promise me you will do your best in your therapy. You are strong. You can go through this" he whispers

“I’ll wait for you, no matter how long it will take. I want you to see me in our concerts. I want to see your smile. Promise me”

 

"I promise, Joonhwe fighting!" she smiles, the genuine smile that Joonhwe loves. That smile makes everything feels just right

 

The rest of the boys finally come to the terminal. They bow of apology because of  the traffic jam trapped them

 

Ody bows to say thank you. And after a long time, she finally brace herself to face Jinhwan and says, "Thank you for everything, I will treasure this feeling"

 

That moment on, Jinhwan realizes who is in Ody's heart. He smiles.

 

Time keeps ticking, Ody's mom comes closer to her daughter, saying that it's about time for them to check in.

 

Ody turns her head at Joonhwe, the said boy looks like he's about to cry, she touches his cheek, "Don't cry, I won't cry, so please... Don't cry…"

 

Joonhwe squeezes her hand, "Take care, Audrey.." he takes his white snapback and puts it on Ody.

 

Ody surprised. Joonhwe literally just dropped the formality and called her with her first name

 

"Fighting!" she says before waves her hands to the boys and walks for check in.
 

“FIGHTING!” Joonhwe yells and it makes Ody turns her back again to smile at him.


As Joonhwe watches Ody's back disappear, he slumps to the ground, squeeze his hair tightly. He's trying to hold back the feelings he feels inside.

 

And inside the waiting room, Ody closes with her hand, trying not to make any sounds while she's sobbing hard.

 

Her mom rubs her back and keeps whisper, "It's alright baby... It's alright…"