Chapter 14 – Red

Loving You Without Limit

No One’s POV

 

“Woaaa are you okay?!” Joonhwe swiftly grabs Ody on her waist.

She almost fell down.

Just a few seconds ago, Ody suddenly stood up from the stool to get water. But her vision turned all black. She wobbled. If Joonhwe didn’t catch her, she will definitely fall down.

She gasps for air and closes her eyes to ease the dizziness.

Now she’s in the position where she doesn’t know what to do. She can feel Joonhwe’s hand wrapping her from behind. She’s embarrassed.

 

“Joonhwe…”

 

“You really are weak! Were you dizzy? Do you want me to take you to your room now?” he’s panic.

“Gwenchana…” she weakly answers.

“No, you are not okay.” Joonhwe quickly lifts her up in a bride way.

“Yah! What do you think you are doing?!” Ody’s surprised but soon she feels dizzy again. She is now in Joonhwe’s arms.

 

“I’m taking you to your room. Apparently anemic is not that simple”

 

She pouts in Joonhwe’s arms. She lets him do whatever he wants for now because she’s too dizzy to struggle now.

Joonhwe walks to the stairs with Ody in his arms. Ody points on the door which she claims to be her bedroom.

He puts her slowly on her bed. As soon as she touches the bed, she hugs her teddy bear right away. That makes her looks adorable.

“Do you want to sleep?” he asks her.

She shakes her head in refusal. Joonhwe sighs. He throws a glance to the night stand and there he sees medicines. He picks it, iron pills.

“Do you need this?” he hands the medicine to Ody.

Ody pouts, “I need water” she says.

Joonhwe quickly go downstairs to the kitchen to take a glass of water, and then back to Ody’s room.

“Here” he hands the glass.

Ody obediently gulps the medicine.

“Do you need anything else?” he asks.

“Hm… no” she smiles.

Joonhwe looks around her bedroom.

“Do you?” now she asks.

He flustered as he realized that she caught him watching around her bedroom. That must be rude.

“Anniyo” he quickly answers.

“Mmkay, gomawo Joonhwe” she whispers.

“No problem. For now your duty is just take a rest and get better, arraseo?”

She chuckles, “Arraseo”

She then stares at Joonhwe, “What are you going to do if I fall asleep?”

Joonhwe looks down to look her, “I don’t know. What do you want me to do?”

Silent.

“Joonhwe…” she calls. Joonhwe raises his eyebrows.

“You are so tall, it hurts my neck to keep looking up to talk to you”

He bursts in laughers.

 

 


 

Yuki’s POV

 

 

Clicked.

 

I open the door knob as I enter house.

 

It's so quiet. I don't see a hint of Ody nor Joonhwe on the living room. I go to the music room and they're not there either. Kitchen? No they're not in the kitchen.

 

My heart beats faster as I start imagining bad things. What if something happens to my little sister? Was it a bad idea to ask Joonhwe to look after her?

I speed up my pace and make my way to Ody's room. The door is half-opened. "Ody?" I quietly call her name.

I sneak into her room, and I see scenery that brings me to my surprise yet relief.

Ody is sleeping, safe and sound. What makes it different is the fact that she tightly holds Joonhwe's hand, while Joonhwe sleeps on the edge side of her bed. No, they are not sleeping together on the bed. Joonhwe is on the carpet but his head and hand are on the bed. He looks tired. And his hand in Ody's hand.

I shake my head slowly while smiling then go back to the car to get the groceries.

When I come back into the house, "Omo, Joonhwe? You're up?" I see Joonhwe walks to the living room. He startles because of my sudden appearance.

He scratches his messy hair, "annyeong noona" he bows.

I smile, "do you want to stay a little bit for dinner?"

He glances at the clock, almost 6 pm.

".. I think I should go back now.." he looks worried.

"Ahaha are you worried about the boys? Don't worry they are coming over soon."

"eh?"

"I think it's unfair to have you only here. So I invited the rest for dinner. I've invited sajangnim and family but apparently he has another appointment, he can’t come" I explain.

"oh really? Then I.. Stay..?"

"sure" I laugh.

He helps me with the groceries and brings it to kitchen.

"so, did Ody nag you the whole time?" I ask him

"anniyo, she's fine. She was almost fall down earlier, maybe because she was dizzy. So I forced her to rest in her room" he explains while taking out the veggies from the plastic bags.

I giggle, flashing back the scenery of they were holding hands.

 

"She usually turns to be really spoiled when she's sick" I say.

He chuckles, "yeah I realized that too"

"thank you for your help, I really do appreciate it" I sincerely say.

"ah no problem, noona" he scratches his neck.

Time chooses that moment to have someone rings the door bell.

"omo, are they here already?" I refer to the rest of the boys.

I walk to the door, open it.

"annyeong haseyo" with loud voice they greet me.

"annyeong yeorobun, coming in" I make way for them to come in.

"how are you, noona?" Donghyuk beames

"i'm great, how are you?"

"ah we are fine, thank you for inviting us for dinner" he says

"no problem" I pat his back and laugh.

" I'm preparing the ingredients now, Joonhwe is in the kitchen helping me to sort some stuff. Do you guys want any particular dishes for dinner?" I throw glance at them one by one

"I want meaaat" hanbin suddenly shouts like a little kid.

"okay, you'll get it. Anything else?"

"We're fine with anything, noona" Jinnie smiles at me

"Well okay, but don't be reluctant to ask me anything" I shape my fingers into 'ok' symbol.

They are all pumped up when they see Joonhwe, they talk about so many things, and the kitchen lives up with their loud voices and laughter

 

Boys, I say to myself.

 

But when we're in the middle of hectic kitchen (the boys insist to help me cook), there's a soft yet clear voice calling, "Joonhwe..?"

Like it's the voice he always hears, Joonhwe naturally leaves his work in the kitchen (he was cutting the carrots) then walks to the living room.

 

We; me and the boys, stick our head outside the kitchen and look towards the living room.

"oh, you're up already?" Joonhwe walks towards Ody who just stepped down from the stairs.

"hmm, why is it so loud?" Ody rubs her eyes

"did we wake you up? Everyone's here, Yuki-noona invited them for dinner" he smiles at this cute creature in front of him

"maybe you need to take a shower and get ready, we will have dinner soon" he taps Ody's cheek gently. I raise my eyebrows seeing that. Weirdly, Ody just nods and climbs the stairs back, heading to her room

Joonhwe turns his back to the kitchen but he sees us watching him. We awkwardly back to our work and pretend like we didn't see anything. He awkwardly walks into the kitchen, he's blushing, even his ears are red.

"Dude, you need to see how red you are" bobby suddenly says, holding his laughter.

 

We laugh and Joonhwe blushes even more