Chapter 8 – Goo Joonhwe

Loving You Without Limit

Her POV

 

 

“Ohayou gozaimasu, sweety~ (good morning)” nee-chan opens my bedroom’s curtain. I can feel the sun shines run through my window. I blink my eyes couples time, trying to adjust with the sudden brightness, “Ohayou, nee-chan”

“Do you feel better?” she sits on the edge

“hmm, daijoubu da yo (I’m okay)” I give her my smile

She taps my cheek two times before getting up and says, “I made your breakfast, it’s your favorite tater potato and nutella sandwich. No one else in this world eats tater with nutella sandwich but you” she winks at me. I chuckle a little.

As I’m about to go to the bathroom, she pops up on my door

“yes?” I ask her

“I know today is weekend but I have to go to the office to get few things right” she says

“okaaaay??” I frown.

“are you okay by yourself here?” she’s worried.

“ahaha, daijoubu da nee-chan, shinpai shinaide (don’t worry)”

“okay great, atashi no imouto ga ichiban suki desu~ (I like my sister the best)” she rhymes as she hops downstairs.

 

---

 

I haven’t really done anything these past few days. Especially after what happened between me and Jinhwan. I try to forget everything and move on with my life. I have no regret. At least I’m glad that I let him know my feeling. It’s enough.

I dry my hair when I come out from bathroom. I can hear nee-chan’s car just running.

Ah, she just went to work.

I put my ‘I <3 NY’ red baggy jacket on and a short pants.

Being alone in this house… I deeply breath, close my eyes then open it.

I walk around her house; it’s been a long time since the last time I stayed in this house. Nee-chan worked really hard to be able to build a house of her dream. She said, someday, she wished all of us could live in this house together.

 I walk to her music room. Since we were young, both of us love to play musical instrument. Nee-chan plays piano, guitar, and ukulele. While I’m more into string orchestra instruments; violin and contrabass. I can play piano too, but it’s not my forte, I’m not as good as my sister.

I amazed to see all of her instruments arranged neatly. What comes to my surprise is she has violin and contrabass beside the white grand piano. It wasn’t there before. I smile when I see it, she spoils me too much.

I make my way to sit on the piano bench, play with the keys a little bit.

One song plays on my mind. It’s been two days actually and my mind keeps playing this song. I take a deep breath and start playing the melody.

 

 

Here with you now i am good
Still miss you
I don't know what i can do
We can't be true

Mitasareru koto naku futari no kyouri
Chijimatte iku tabi setsunai

Afure daa omoi tsunoru dake de
Ooh it's hard for me to say

Cause we, we can see how it's gonna end
But i got my love for you
Moshimo konomama kimi wo wasureru koto ga dekitara

Nante omoeba omou hodo ni
Kimi wo wasureru koto nante boku ni wa dekiru hazu mo nakute
We always wish tonight could last forever
I can be your side

I shouldn't be in your heart
Either the time we have spent

And i want you to know what the truth is
But sometimes it makes me feel so sick
I just can't say to you, no i won't

 

(Pierce by One Ok Rock)

 

 

 

I can’t finish the whole song as my vision starts blurry

Another take of a deep breath and I’m ready to leave the music room. But when I turn my head to the left, to where the door is, I see someone’s standing there.

“Joonhwe?”

 

 

 

---

 

Joonhwe’s POV

It’s around 8 in the morning and it’s weekend. We usually come to the practice room even on weekends. If we got the mood, we will practice. If not, we will just hang around in the practice room to do whatever. But this morning, out of nowhere, Yuki-noona came to the practice room. This time only by herself; without sajangnim nor Ody-noona.

She invited us to her house. She told us that Ody-noona is not feeling really well these past few days. But she has to go to her office to get few things done and she’s feeling bad about leaving her sister alone in her house.

I kind of have this feeling that Ody-noona is spoiled by her sister too much, I mean like, she’s 19 years old, for the love of dancing.

But well, I understand her point. Ody-noona is alone. Nobody wants to be alone when they’re sick. Especially, according to Yuki-noona, so far, we are the only friends that Ody-noona has. Plus, it’s not like we have anything important to do anyway.

Long story short, we agreed to go to Yuki-noona’s house.

Her house is pretty big and covered in glass, typical of house that you would see in movies. Is she married already? This house is pretty big to be lived on by yourself, you know~ I’m amazed.

Yuki-noona dropped us in front of her house, gave the key, explain few things then left for work.

We enter the house with agitation, I don’t know.. I somehow feel this is kinda … intrusive?

But then the second I step my feet inside the house, I hear a sound of piano, it sounds painful.

A soft voice sings.

I can feel shiver on my spine as if I’m immersed in the moment. The song is not even in the language I understand but why do I feel like this?

The feeling is overflowing…

I follow the direction where the sound comes from, I just follow my body moves on its own.

 

“Yah! Joonhwe-ah! What are you doing?”

 

I hear Hanbin-hyung yells at me as I wander around the house. I ignore him and keep walking.

I’m getting close. The sound of the piano sounds closer now. I walk towards the room, the door is opened. I peek from the door a little bit.

There she is, wearing red baggy jacket paired up with short pants, singing and playing the piano. Her feeling is overflowing.

I can’t say anything; I just stand there on the edge of the door.

 

 

Is she crying?

 

 

 

She stops in the middle, turns her head to the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Crap. Caught red-handed. She got me watching her.

 

 

 

 

 

“Joonhwe?”

She comes closer and I can see, she is crying.

 

 

My arms just move on its own, I unconsciously pull her into my chest, bury her in hugs. She looks so fragile. She feels so small in my arms. I can feel she immediately turns stiff.

I hear footsteps come closer. I gently release her, “are you alright?” I ask. She nods, not looking me in the eyes. Well, it’s not like I can force her to look at me in the eyes as I’m like what? 20 cm taller than her?

She raises her head in surprise, “Why.. why are you guys here?” she blurts out.

 

I turn my back, holy , did they see what happened earlier?!

 

 

I try to compose myself like nothing happened as I see hyungs behind me. Jinhwan-hyung frowns at me and Hanbin-hyung keeps glancing at him. Did I do anything wrong? Why is Jinhwan-hyung looking at me like he’s trying to kill me?

“ah, ahem *cough* We’re sorry for being rude, but Yuki-noona asked us to do a favor for her. She said you don’t feel really well so she asked us to accompany you here” Bobby-hyung explains.

“is that so? Thank you so much, I’m sorry that my sister made you guys do this for me” she bows.

“ah anniyo, gwenchana~ it’s not like we’re busy today” Donghyuk beams.

She weakly smiles.

“please make yourself at home” she bows again.

“please take care of us” we bow at her as she laughs.

“ah, Ody, is this your music room?” Yoonhyeong-hyung completely makes himself at home as he enters the music room.

“it’s nee-chan’s. My sister’s. I use it sometimes whenever I’m here” She says

“was it you who played the piano earlier?” Donghyuk asks.

She scratches her neck, “umm, yeah…” she says awkwardly.

“You were really good! I play piano too!”

Oh here we go, Donghyuk is emitting his charm.

She smiles at Donghyuk, really sweet. “You can play if you want to” she says.

“want to play together with me?” Donghyuk puppy-eyed her. She laughs, “sure. Do you guys wanna join us?” she changes her attention to us.

Me, Yoonhyeong-hyung, Hanbin-hyung, Bobby-hyung and Jinhwan-hyung peek glances at each other. Then Hanbin-hyung said, "ah no, we'll watch"

“mmkay. What song do you want to play, Donghyuk-ie?” now all attention is on Donghyuk. I’m surprised at the way she called Donghyuk. Is she trying to be familiar?

“hmm, I don’t know. I want to play something nice” he says.

She walks around the room then grabs a violin case. “Canon in D major?” she asks as she open the case.

“nice one, haja!”

So here we are, feel like we are in an orchestra. I can tell you that she is really good on violin! Her feeling.. It's all about her feeling that overflows the melody..

 

I clap my hands as they're done! Donghyuk and her stand together and give a bow, just like in concerts, and then we laugh.

 

 

 

 

It's nice to see her being cheerful.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wait, did I really just say that?

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Author's Note : tadaaa~ you guys just saw another side of Joonhwe ;) and if you guys want to, try to listen to the song ( Pierce by One Ok Rock ) it's a really heart-wrenching song. it's in Japanese and English though (considering those are languages I use the most) but it's worth a try ;)

 

Okay~ I'm about to post more chapters, lol