Chapter 13 – Getting to know you

Loving You Without Limit

Her POV

 

Joonhwe takes one spoon then put in on the island table, “spin this spoon. Whenever the end is directed towards you, I have the rights to ask you a question and you have to answer it. Vice versa. We will take turn to spin the spoon”

That’s easy, “Mmkay”

“you go first” he says.

I spin the spoon, after few spins, the end now facing Joonhwe. I grin.

He raises his eyebrows, “You can ask me anything”

“No boundaries?” I smirk. Actually I don’t know what I should ask, though.

“No boundaries.”

I look at him in the eyes, “Hmmm…”

“Don’t you have any practice today?” I finally ask.

“I’m excused”

“Is that okay?”

“One question at a time” he smirks.

I pout. He spins the spoon and of course now it’s facing me. I look at him in anticipation.

“What’s your complete name?” he asks.

I frown, “What did you mean? Complete name… as in term of given name and surname?”

“Yes, I always think Ody is a weird name for Japanese” he answers.

Now I got his point.

“ It’s from Audrey. My real name is Takahashi Audrey.” I say.

He nods.

“my turn?” I ask him

He gives the spoon to me and I spin it, but this time it faces me. I hiss, he laughs.

“Okay, it’s my turn to ask you again~” he sounds happy.

“Hmm” I sigh.

“Were you really just anemic?” He asks.

I frown, “Why would I lie to you?”

“Just asking.” He simply answers.

“No worries” I say.

As we play the game, Joonhwe keeps winning and winning so automatically it gives him more chances to ask me rather than being asked.

“tell me about yourself” he finally says.

“that’s not a question” I bluntly say.

“well, you can tell me any possible answers that could be the answers of questions that related to yourself” he smirks.

My eyebrows furrowed, I sigh. He’s such a brat.

“My name is Takahashi Audrey.”

“I know that”

“I haven’t finished it” I snap.

He chuckles, “Okay, go on”

“People call me Ody because in Japan, it’s really difficult for Japanese to pronounce Audrey correctly.” I see him nodding his head.

“I am 19 years old even though I don’t look like one, according to you” He laughs to my statement.

“I was born in Japan. My dad is Japanese and my mom is White-American. That’s how I got this eye color, and this chestnut hair color” I say while pointing at my eyes then my hair.

“Oh? So it’s your real hair color?” he seems surprised.

I laugh, “Yes. Bobby also told me before that he thought I dyed it. But no, this is real”

He awes.

“Hmm… I only have one sibling; my older sister. She’s almost 26 years old. She moved to Korea since... 3 years ago? Just like you’ve heard from Donghyuk before, she works for the embassy and she’s also a movie director”

“No wonder Yuki-noona owns a big house like this~ She’s succeed even though she’s still young” he says.

I smile, “Anything else, sir?”

“What about you? What do you do for living?”

I frown, “Me? I’m not working yet, I have to focus to my study.”

“Is that so? How long have you been playing violin? You are really good”

“hm... I learned to play violin since I was 5, so it makes it… 14 years old? I also play contrabass and piano. But I’m not as good as my sister when it comes to piano. She’s an expert”

Joonhwe eyes widen in amazement. Then it quickly becomes flat again.

“Uhm… I know this is your privacy but… I can’t help but curious about it…” he starts talking.

I tilt my head.

“I wonder… What’s going on between you and Jinhwan-hyung? Ah, it’s okay if you don’t want to tell me”

I open my mouth then close it again. I take a breath in, “It’s just me. It’s nothing to do with him”

Joonhwe waits in anticipation.

 


 

No One’s POV

 

“ I used to like him” Ody finally talks.

Joonhwe stiffens.

“ I liked him so much that.. it hurt…? I guess that’s what you call with ‘first love’ but yeah, I realized that he liked my sister. He never said it but I can see it from his eyes. So… it hurt to see him with my sister together when he was in our house, during his exchange time. And one day… I told him about my feeling. But he didn’t say anything, the very next day, he left, back to South Korea. I honestly never expect to see him here, it’s kinda like… bringing back the old memories. So I told him that I don’t want my feeling to be a bother to him, because it seems like… he’s bothered by it. It hurt though, it really did. Because I know he doesn’t feel the same… But I already made it clear that we better act like my feeling never exists” Ody explains everything. She smiles but there’s a slight of disappointment drawn on her face.

Now everything in pieces comes into one.

Jinhwan who ran after Ody when Ody visited the practice room for the first time and Bobby made fun about there’s something going on between them. Jinhwan who ran after Ody and Joonhwe on the beach. Ody who always looks troubled whenever Jinhwan’s around. Jinhwan who always puts a killing stare for Joonhwe whenever he’s close to Ody…

Now Joonhwe understands

“Uhm… Joonhwe?” Ody brings him back to his consciousness.

“I’m sorry, I…” he doesn’t know what to say.

“No, that’s okay. I feel better after blurted everything out” She says, but she looks sad.

Joonhwe raises his hand and put it on Ody’s cheek, “don’t cry…” he says gently.

Ody’s leaning to the touch and says, “I won’t. You told me you don’t like seeing me cry. So I won’t cry when you’re here” She laughs.

Joonhwe smiles.

He does feel happy inside whenever he sees Ody smile.

“You know what? That was a nice ‘Getting to Know You’ game we played” Joonhwe laughs.

 


 

Author's Note : I'm sorry for such a short updates T_T I have to help my dad with his work, it piles up already, gaah -_- but please bear with this one for now, and thank you for new readers, new subscribers and shout out for my upvoters! you guys made my day *smooch* lol

good luck for those who have their school already, I hate that school is coming soon for me too -_-

ganbatte kudasai minna-san! <3