On The Balcony

My New Neighbor

QUICK RECAP:
- Jieun and the rest won a trip to Jejudo
- She stays with Baekhyun and Chanyeol during their trip
Actually, just read the whole fanfic again if you really forgot what happened! Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jieun’s P.O.V

That night, I couldn’t sleep a wink. I kept twisting and turning, minding the squeakiness of the bed. I don’t know if it was the fact that I’m in a room with 2 guys or the tea I drank earlier. I sat up from my bed. Baekhyun looked like he was having the night of his life. He slept in a weird starfish position.

Yep, it’s definitely the tea.

Chanyeol however, looked like he had a tough time sleeping. With Baekhyun’s arms and legs stretched out, Chanyeol hardly had any space for himself. Though, he looked like he was asleep despite the amount of space he had. Without much thought, I got up from my bed and went straight to the balcony and sat on the bench.

After a few seconds, I thought, * Why did I come here for?*

As I got up from the bench, I saw Chanyeol standing in front of me with a surprised look on his face.

“ Ah, I couldn’t sleep so… I came out for some fresh air.” He said with the voice that I missed hearing.

“ Go ahead, I was just going in.” I said, avoiding eye contact. He went right past me and sat on the bench. I looked at him with worried eyes.

* No Jieun! This is an opportunity for you to make up with Chanyeol! You cannot let this chance slip through your fingers.* I took in a deep breath to mentally prepare myself. I’ll have no regrets. I turned and sat next to Chanyeol.

“ I thought you were going back in.” He said. It sounded like he didn’t want me to be there- ouch.

“ Well, I guess I’ll stay here for a couple more minutes.” I said. I took another deep breath.

* Now what do I do?* I thought. Man, I did not think this through.* Ok breathe. You have to get it over with now.*

“ Look, I-”

“ I saw you with Jongin hyung the other day.” He said. How straight forward. Great. Just great.

“ Oh… did you hear anything? Not like there was anything to hear,-”

“ I heard everything.” He said. I was hoping he would say ‘no’. I looked down in shame and bit my lip. How was I supposed to know this would happen?

“ Oh… crap. Sorry for not telling you and the others. I thought it would be better if I kept it a secret.” I truthfully told him. He furrowed his eyebrows which made me a anxious.

“ Why did you think keeping it a secret would be better?” He asked. I avoided eye contact as it was pressuring me to answer. I took a quick glance at his eyes. He looked… well, pretty angry? I don’t know… there’s a hint of sadness in his eyes.

“ W-well… because… um I was worried about you guys being worried about me.” I stuttered. Forget what I said earlier – I totally regret this.

“ Not worried.” Chanyeol said. “ Jealous.”

Wait what? Am I hearing things?

“ I’m sorry, did you just say you were jea-”

“ Don’t make me say it twice.” He pouted. He put his elbows on his thighs and hid his face in his hands.

“ Damn it,” He cursed under his breath with his hands still over his face. I leaned forward to look at him. I could see traces of redness in his cheeks up to his ears. I slowly placed my hand on one of his hands and pulled it from his face.

“ Don’t look at me. It’s embarrassing.” He said, his eyes avoiding my gaze. I smiled at his response.

“ I think it’s cute.” I said, embarrassing him even more. He leaned back with his hands on his lap. He turned away so I wouldn’t see his blushing face. It’s the first time I’ve seen him like this – shy and embarrassed. I would think he would handle any situation like a man, but what I’m looking at is a 12 year old boy confessing to his first love.

Wait, is he? C-confessing…? That can’t be it. I was just assuming. I didn’t actually mean he was confessing his love for me. If he was, it’ll probably be like a mother-son thing since I feed and take care of him.

“ Now it’s my turn.” He said. I looked at him with a clueless expression. He leaned in and planted a kiss on my forehead. I blinked hard a few times until I realized it wasn’t a dream. Chanyeol, the guy I had been crushing on since God knows when just kissed me on my forehead. I wonder if this is a lucid dream…

When he took his soft lips off my forehead, I was already feeling hot. “ Happy birthday.” He whispered into my ear as he got up from the bench. My heart felt it was going to burst out of my chest. I placed my hands on my cheeks. They were hot as if I just gotten a high fever.

The feeling was different when Jongin oppa kissed me on the exact same spot. I didn’t feel like this. Of course when Jongin oppa kissed me, I was flustered but I didn’t like it as much as this.

I have to tell Jongin oppa. That I can’t be with him. That I can’t stay with him. That I can’t accept him.

After I went back in, I slept like a log. The night passed by like a breeze. In my sleep, I heard a doorbell and hard knocks on a door. “ Wake up!” I faintly heard someone shout. I slowly opened my eyes.

“Wake up!” I heard Luna shout more clearly. She was banging on the door with the help of Sulli. I grabbed one of my pillows and threw it at Baekhyun, who had the most sleep. I heard a grunt escape from his lips.

“ Open the door…” I said loud enough for him to hear. He obediently got up from the bed and walked sloppily towards the door.

“ What’s so important that you guys have to wake us up so early in the morning?” He said, rubbing his eyes after he saw Luna and Sulli.

“ It’s afternoon genius. We’re all going out to Seopjikoji to see theseed field.” Sulli told him.

“ Why? So you can see someone get ?” He said, obviously not thinking about what he said.

“ Ew. I knew it. I knew we should have shared a room with Jieun instead of letting her bunk with you erts.” Luna said and Sulli nodded in agreement.

“ I’m right here.” He said, feeling offended. Luna and Sulli ignored him and walked past him.

“ Jieun! Happy Birthday! Now get up! We wanna go to Seopjikoji with the others.” Luna said as she and Sulli pulled me up.

“ It’s Jieun’s birthday?” Baekhyun asked, fixing his bed hair.

“ We told you before we came, genius. I can’t believe you forgot.” Sulli said as she shook her head in disappointment.

“ Happy birthday Jieun.” Baekhyun said and gave me a smile with his eyes closed.

“ Thanks. Are we going to do anything for my birthday?” I asked Luna and Sulli like an innocent child asking her parents if they got her a birthday present.

“ We can’t tell you that, can we? Now let’s get going!” Sulli said and slapped me on the arm. 

“ Okay, just give me a minute. You guys can wait here.” I said, getting out of bed when Sulli stopped.

“ I’ll stop you right there. You’re coming to my room to get ready. The guys are in Luna’s room so you don’t need to feel uncomfortable.” Sulli said and she pulled me up with the help of Luna.

“ Wait, what about my clothes and toothbrush?” I asked.

“ Bring it along.” Luna said. She then eyed Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were in bed, awake.

“ I won’t allow 2 wolves to attack our lovely sheep. We’ll help you carry your stuff.” Sulli said and went in the bathroom to get my toothbrush. I walked to my luggage and took out what I needed with Luna and Sulli covering me while I took out my underwear.

After I had everything I needed, I put them in a plastic bag.

“ You two better get ready too. I recommend showering since you guys stink as hell.” Luna said. “ No hard feelings!” Sulli shouted as we exited the room.

Normally I take 30 minutes to get ready, but Sulli and Luna were rushing me so I took a record-breaking time of 10 minutes. It would have been 8 minutes but since my clothes were too ‘casual’ Sulli lent me one of her floral dresses that fell right above my knees.

When we went to the lobby, the guys’ jaws dropped. Onew and Luna did a high 5.

“ You guys did a really good job.” Minho praised Luna and Sulli.

“ Nah, it was nothing. All I did was lend her my dress and Luna fixed her make-up.” Sulli said like a proud mother.

“ Happy birthday Jieun!” Luhan oppa said and ruffled my hair. The others wished me a happy birthday after Luhan oppa wished me.

“ So I was thinking, after we get back I was hoping if you could go out with me sometime.” Myungsoo said, slipping his arm around my shoulders. Baekhyun slapped his arm away.

“ You look beautiful, Jieun.” Baekhyun said with a sweet smile. I smiled back at him as a thanks. I saw Chanyeol looking down on the floor with his hands and his pockets.

“ Chanyeol? Is there anything you want to say to me?” I asked him. The others looked at him and then to me.

“ You look pretty.”” He said with his face towards me but his eyes looking away. I smiled shyly and looked down. The others looked at each other with suspicious eyes.

“ You sly kid!” Suho oppa jumped to reach Chanyeol’s neck and put him in a headlock and ruffled his hair.

“ Stop it!”He shouted, but Suho oppa didn’t.

“ Okay that’s enough.” I said giggling. Chanyeol pouted and fixed his hair.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------     

As we arrived at theseed field, my jaw dropped. It was my first time seeingseeds. I didn’t know they would be so beautiful. While Luna and Sulli were taking pictures of theseeds, I was wondering around the field looking at the flowers.

“ They’re beautiful, aren’t they?” I heard a voice beside me say. It was Jongin oppa.

“ Yeap, they certainly are.” I nodded. There was a dead silence between us for a few minutes.

“ I haven’t heard your answer yet.” He said, out of nowhere.

“ Right, about that… a lot of things happened between Chanyeol and I. At first I didn’t believe it, but now I realize that-”

“ That you love him.” He cut me off.

“ I was going to say I have feelings for him but same difference. I was planning to tell you after we get back. I’m sorry.” I told him. He took in a deep breath.

“ It’s okay. I knew this was going to happen.” He smiled at me.

“ Really? Do you mind?” I asked him.

“ Why would I? Go get him kid.” He said and gave me a hug. I hugged him back.

“ Thank you. If you didn’t confess to me, I wouldn’t have known his feelings for me either.” I said. Jongin oppa looked at me in surprise.

“ You mean he already confessed?” He asked me.

“ No, but I can feel my love isn’t one-sided.” I said and looked at Chanyeol, who was hanging out with Baekhyun and Suho oppa. Chanyeol looked at me and blushed. He then smiled at me.

“ Definitely.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm back! Yayyy

I hope this chapter is to your liking. I definately think this chapter is one of my best.
I think.

Well you guys are the judges. What did you think about this chapter?

There's no guarantee I'll update the next chapter.
Depends.
But for now, this is all I can give you guys.

Hope you guys like!

Pls subscribe, comment and upvote!(if you want)