No Other Choice

My New Neighbor

" What do you do at a spring festival?" Chanyeol asked his friends. They were eating lunch in the greenhouse.

" Every year, the school holds a spring festival. Each 3rd year class has to organize attractions to entertain the visitors and other students." Luna explained to him.

" You left out the part where the 2nd year students put up stalls around the school." Onew told her, basically telling Chanyeol too.

" Oh yeah! Last year, Jieun, Sulli and I baked cookies and cupcakes. They sold out in an hour!" Luna told him.

" We wanted to try them, but they were all gone by the time we got there." Onew said.

" Luckily, now we're best friends with the ones who baked them!" Minho exclaimed.

" Hm... what should we do at the spring festival?" Baekhyun wondered.

" We'll be having a meeting in class after school, so raise your hand if you wanna suggest anything." Minho said.

~After school~

" Now, we'll be discussing what to set up for the spring festival. Any suggestions?" Minho asked the class.

A boy shouted," Why don't we set up a host club? We can entertain the students that pass by!"

" We can also have a runway and a pole in the middle!" another boy shouted. Girls whined and the guys laughed. Obviously excluding Jieun, Luna, Sulli, Onew, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and of course, Minho.

" Any other suggestions?" Minho asked, irritated by the boys.

" We'll discuss after you tell us what the prize for 1st place is!" the same boy shouted.

" I don't know what the prize will be, but we won't know unless we use our brains." Minho said.

Jieun had something in mind before the meeting even started. She was hesitating whether or not to put her hand up. She finally made her choice and slowly raised her hand.

" Yes, Jieun?" Minho asked. He was surprised, but didn't show it. Her friends were looking at her, waiting for her suggestion.

" W-why don't we set up a maid cafe?" she suggested.

* Finally, a serious suggestion!* Minho thought." A maid cafe sounds fun. Any other suggestions?" he asked, giving 1 more chance to the class.

" There's no way I'm gonna be a waiter even if the maid costumes look cute." the boy said. After that, students started whispering to each othe non-stop.

" I wouldn't want to wear some skimpy maid outfit. It'll probably make me look like a !" a girl shouted.

Minho heard a girl whispering to her friend," If I were you, I wouldn't do it. We'll be a laughing stock if we listen to her!"

" I'm outta here." the boy from before stood up and left the classroom. One by one, students left.There were only Jieun, Sulli, Luna, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Onew, Minho and 5 other students.

Jieun sighed." Mianhae. I shouldn't have suggested it." she apologized. Minho grabbed her shoulder.

" Its not your fault. Your idea was great! We don't need those people to organize the maid cafe. We have more than enough!" Minho said, cheering her up a bit.

" There's just one problem...." Sulli said.

" What is it?" Minho asked her.

" We don't know how to make all those types of coffee!" Sulli said. They all sighed.

" Wait! I know someone who can do that!" Jieun exclaimed.

" We'll need permission from the principal first. We can't just ask people to help us. That would be cheating." Minho said.

" Why don't I ask my friends while you go ask the principal?." Jieun asked Minho.

" I'll text you whether or not the principal allows it." Minho told her.

" Deal."

"Chanyeol-ah, would you mind following me to the principal's office???" Minho asked him.

" Sure."

" You guys..." Minho pointed at the Onew, Sulli, Luna and the other students." ... can go home. We'll have another meeting tomorrow and you can introduce yourselves then." Minho told them and left with Chanyeol.

" Jieun-ah, you're gonna ask 'them' right?" Sulli whispered to Jieun, not wanting any of the others to hear.

" I don't have a choice, do I?" Jieun replied.

" I guess not. Hwaiting!" Sulli said.

" Hwaiting!" Jieun replied and left the classroom.

 

" Mr. Lee!" Minho shouted out just before he went in his car.

" Yes, Minho-ssi? Is there something wrong?"

" Yes. Students in our class won't cooperate with us, so we want to ask some of our other friends to help." Minho told Mr. Lee.

" Oh my." Mr. Lee thought for a bit." Since non of the other students are willing to participate, I will allow you to ask your friends for help.

" Kamsahamnida!" Minho and Chanyeol bowed.

" Oh, and one more thing." Mr. Lee gestured Minho and Chanyeol to come closer." The prize for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will only be for the students that participate, meaning the people that help you will also be getting the prize." Mr. Lee whispered to him.

" We understand." Minho said. After that, Minho took his phone out and texted Jieun.

* I wonder if her friends are 'them'.* Chanyeol wondered.

 

Jieun got Minho's text and smiled." Suho oppa! Luhan oppa!" Jieun shouted as she walked in the cafe. She took her glasses off, covered her uniform with her coat and untied her hair, so no one would recognize her.

" Jieunnie? I thought you were staying back in school?" Luhan asked her.

" Yeah, but I need to ask you something very important." she said." My school's having a spring festival and my class is organizing a maid cafe. The problem is that no one wants to help us, leaving my friends, 5 other students and I to plan it ourselves." she explained to the both of them.

" Sooo you wants us to help you?" Suho asked and she nodded.

" Wouldn't that be cheating?" Luhan asked.

" My friend got permission from our principal." she showed them Minho's text.

" If we help you, won't the whole class know your secret???" Luhan asked.

" I don't have a choice. The whole class doesn't want to participate because of me. I want to show them I am much more than 'just a nerd'." Jieun said.

Suho ruffled her hair." We'll do it." he said and she smiled widely.

" You're school's organizing a school festival?" Sehun popped out of nowhere, scaring them.

" Yeah." Jieun answered.

" Why look for Suho and Luhan? They don't know how to make all those types of coffee." Sehun said.

" Oh Sehunnie... no one told you, right?" Jieun asked.

" Tell me what?" Sehun asked.

" Suho and Luhan used to work in a coffee shop together." She told him.

" Why didn't anyone tell me???" Sehun complained.

" Because you didn't ask." Luhan said." Now get back to work."

" Gomawo, oppas! The meeting is after school!" Jieun told them and left.

* I can't wait to introduce them!*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12th chappie is out!!! OMG, this chapter is sooo freaking long. Man, I need to stop staring at the computer.

Pls comment a lot! Bye~