Busted!

My New Neighbor

* How... did this happen?* Chanyeol thought as he slowly walked in her room. He should be chasing her, but his mind was full of questions to do that.

He quickly took his phone out and dialed Jieun's phone number, but it automatically switched to voicemail. He ran out of the room and bumped into the landlord.

" Sorry!" he apologized immediately and bowed a few times.

" Oh, Chanyeol-ssi. Are you going somwhere?" she asked him.

" Yes. Umm... may I ask where your son's apartment room is?" he asked.

" Level 5, room 17." she answered. He thanked her and ran off before she could even ask her anything.   " Be careful!" she managed to shout.

 

Jieun kept running and running and didn't stop. She never looked back once. There was a place she used to go to whenever she wanted to be alone or cry when she was younger, so she hid there.

 

" Room 17, room 17..." Chanyeol muttered as he walked down the halls." Aha!" he said when he found Jongin's room number. He rang the doorbell and then shouted," Joingin hyung! Are you in there???"

The door opened, revealing the one and only, Kim Jongin." Hey, kiddo. Did my mom telly you my room number?" Jongin asked him as he leaned against the edge of the door.

" 1, I am not a kid and 2, do you have any idea where Jieun could have gone???" Chanyeol told him.

" Is... is Jieun missing?" Jongin asked. Chanyeol could tell he was worried.

" Yeah... the last time I saw her, she ran out of her apartment. It was a mess. All her stuff were thrown everywhere." Chanyeol told him.

" Must be debt collectors." Jongin said.

" Debt collectors?" Chanyeol asked him, confused.

" Yup. After her mother died, her father got really addicted to gambling and borrowed money from loan sharks everytime he gambled. He realized that the money he borrowed was about 1 million won. He didn't want to deal with debt collectors, so he left Jieun. She couldn't find a place to stay for 2 years. That's when my mom took her in." Jongin told him everything.

" I had no idea her life was like this....." he said." Was there a place she went to when she was younger?" Chanyeol asked him.

" Well there is one place. The park." Jongin told him." Whenever she wanted to be alone, she climbed trees. You know... to get away from everyone."

" What are we waiting for? Let's go." Chanyeol said and they walked to the park nearby. It was harder to find her since it was dark.

 

Jieun was sitting on the tree, crying. She remembered how she used to climb the same exact tree back in the days. Jongin would always find.

* Why? Why must appa leave me?* she cried even more.

" Lee Jieun!" she heard Chanyeol shout.

* How did he find me?* she thought and looked down. She saw Jongin with him.

" Go away!" she shouted at them.

" You can't keep hiding, Jieun! You know we're always here to protect you! Just come down and we'll settle this." Chanyeol shouted. Jieun knew he was right. She climbed down the tree and Jongin hugged her tightly.

 

" Where are you going to stay?" Chanyeol asked her. Jongin asked Chanyeol to take care of her since he had something important to do. They were sitting on Chanyeol's

" I don't know..... maybe I should move out." she said. Chanyeol didn't want her to move out. There was only one option.

" What about... you move in with me?" he asked her.

" I- I don't know if I should....." she said.

" Move in with me and I promise, I'll protect you with my life." he told her. Her heart skipped a beat. That was like a confession.

" O- Okay... I'll go get my stuff." she said.

" Do you want me to get them for you?" Chanyeol offered.

" It's okay, I can do it myself." she said and walked out of his apartment. It was painful looking at her apartment. She was lucky they didn't break into her bedroom. She grabbed her bag and put everything she could fit in there. After she was done, she locked the apartment door.

~ At night~

" You can sleep on the bed. I'll sleep on the couch." Chanyeol told her.

" I should sleep on the couch. This is your apartment afterall." Jieun said.

" It's okay. Just sleep on the bed." he gently pushed to his bedroom and closed the door.

 

Chanyeol couldn't fall asleep. even after 2 hours, so he decided to watch tv. He suddenly heard a scream coming from his bedroom. He rushed to his bedroom. He saw Jieun crying and covering her ears. He quickly hugged her to calm her down.

" It's okay... I'm here." he whispered to her. She calmed down and ended up sleeping in his arms. He couldn't leave her alone and he finally felt tired, so he just slept on the bed with her.

 

Chanyeol heard his door unlock. He opened his eyes. He got out of bed, making Jieun waked up too.

" Chanyeol? What's going on?" she asked him. He put a finger to his lips.

" I'll be right back." he whispered. He slowly walked out and grabbed a pan from the kitchen. He saw a figure enter his living room. He on the lights and was going to hit the figure, but didn't. He was shocked. It was Baekhyun.

" Woah, dude!" Baekhyun shouted.

" Chanyeol?" Jieun walked out of his bedroom. Her eyes widened." B-Baekhyun?"

" Jieun???"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10th chappie is out!!! I haven't been on asianfanfics for 3 days and I gained 5 new subscribers! WOOHOO~~~

For Malaysians,

Did anyone start Form 1 this year??? Please tell me~
I wanna get to know you better if we're in the same school~

Pls comment a lot! Thank you~