First Encounter

My New Neighbor

~Author's P.O.V~

Jieun walked in the classroom. She quietly sat down on her chair at the end of the class. The class was noisy as usual.

" Jieun-ah!" her two best friends, Luna and Sulli called out. As they walked in the classroom, all eyes were on them. They are respected queenkas of the entire school. They're smart, kind and pretty. Some students asked them why they're hanging out with a nerd like Jieun.

" Did something happen?" Jieun asked them.

" Sulli and I just passed by the staffroom. We saw a new tranfer student! I heard he's from Ulsan!" Luna beamed.

" He might be sitting next to you, Jieun!" Sulli told her. The seat next to Jieun was empty. Sulli and Luna were talking about the new student until Mr. Yong came in.

" Class, we have a new student with us today. He came all the way from Ulsan." Mr. Yong annouced. The new student walked in the classroom. He was tall and handsome. As expected, girls were squealing in delight.

" Annyeonghaseyo, cheonun Park Chanyeol imnida." he introduced himself. He has a deep voice which doesn't match his cute face at all.

" I expect everyone of you to make him comfortable. Minho-ssi, please show Chanyeol-ssi around after school." Mr. Yong said. He turned to Chanyeol." You can sit next to... Lee Jieun-ssi."

She sighed, then raised her hand. Girls were complaining why the soon-to-be-kingka is sitting next to the nerd. He walked to his seat and sat down. After class, girls crowded around Chanyeol, so they can get to know him better.

" When's your birthday???"

" What type of food do you like???"

" Do you have a girlfriend?????"

* Poor guy.* she thought, looking at him getting bombed with questions. It was either he didn't want to answer the questions or he just couldn't. As much as she wanted to help him, she couldn't. Just then, she saw the teacher for their next class walking by.

" Hey, look! Mr. Kang is coming!" she shouted. The girls immediately went back to their places. Chanyeol sighed in relief. He took out a piece of paper and wrote something. He passed the paper to Jieun.

Thanks for saving me!
I thought I was gonna die! T w T

Jieun chuckled at the last sentence. She looked at Chanyeol and she caught him looking at her. He looked away to avoid her gaze. She wrote something and passed the piece of paper back to Chanyeol.

No problem!^^

Chanyeol smiled at her reply. Soon, it was lunch break. Jieun grabbed her headphones and walked with Luna and Sulli.

" I saw Chanyeol pass a piece of paper to you! What did it say???" Luna asked her.

" Nothing. He just thanked me for saving him." she answered.

" Look." Sulli pointed at where Chanyeol was sitting." He's already friends with the kingkas!" Luna and Sulli sighed.

" You guys still have crushes on the kingkas?" Jieun asked them..

" Minho is just sooooo cute!" Sulli exclaimed.

" And Onew is just soooo dreamy~" Luna said." I know! We can go on a triple date! Me and Onew, Sulli and Minho, you and Baekhyun!"

" I think I'll pass." Jieun said.

" I'm sorry. You and Chanyeol!" Luna corrected.

" PASS." Jieun said, then walked away from them.

Chanyeol saw Jieun walking away from Luna and Sulli." Where's Jieun going?" he asked Baekhyun.

" To the greenhouse." he answered without hesitation.

" How do you know she's going to the greenhouse?" Minho asked, suspicious.

" Uh... I'm just guessing." Baekhyun told them.

" Um... can you guys tell me more about Jieun?" Chanyeol asked them.

" Why? You like her?" Minho asked him.

" N-no. Just curious." he answered.

" Well, she's a nerd. She's kinda quiet and doesn't really talk to anyone except to her best friends, Luna and Sulli." Onew told him and he nodded slowly.

 

 

Jieun arrived at the greenhouse. It was her favourite place in school. No one really goes to the greenhouse, so it was quiet and peaceful. She stretched her arms and yawned. She smiled after seeing the banana milk on the bench. She picked it up and as usual, there was a note stuck on it.

Today's a great day isn't it?
To: Jieun
From: S.A (it means 'Secret Admirer')

The first time she recieved the banana milk was when she was in her 2nd year of highschool. He noticed she always went to the greenhouse whenever it was lunch break. He put the banana milk on the bench in the greenhouse and stuck a note on it. She saw the banana milk and read the note.

I'm worried you'll starve up here, so I bought this for you.
To: Jieun
From: S.A

She smiled remembering the notes he stuck on the banana milk. She leaned her back against the pillar and placed her legs on the bench. She connected her headphones with her phone and turned her music player on. She opened the banana milk and drank it till there was no more.

~After school~

Jieun walked home. She walked into her apartment and got ready for work. She wore contact lenses and tied her hair up. Once she walked out her apartment, she looked at the apartment room next to her.

* Someone already moved in?* she thought. She then saw her landlord carrying groceries.

" Ahjumma! You should ask Jongin to help you carry groceries. He is your son." Jieun helped Mrs. Kim carry her groceries.

" I don't think I should disturb him while he's looking for a job." Mrs. Kim told her." Oh! You have a new neighbour. Make sure he feels welcomed."

" Don't worry. I'll be making chocolate chip cookies for him!" Jieun told Mrs. Kim.

" Make sure their better than last time!" Mrs. Kim shouted.

" I will!" Jieun shouted back. The first time Jieun came to the apartment, she baked cookies for everyone in the building! Everyone in the apartment knows who she is. Literally.

Jieun walked in the cafe." Sorry I'm late." she apologized to her manager, Suho.

" No worries, Jieun." Suho said.

" Jieun! Take table 4's order!" Sehun shouted. She took out her notebook from her apron. She took their order and passed the paper to Luhan and Suho. After they were done, she took the drinks to table 4.

~After 8 hours~

After closing the cafe, all the workers gathered in the back room.

" Guys, I've got bad news." Suho said." Hayoung just quit. She turned in her resignation form a few minutes ago.

" Okay, who rejected her?" Lay asked them. Everyone looked at Sehun.

" Yeah, I rejected her." Sehun said, guilty.

" We have to stop opening this job to girls." Luhan said.

" What about me?" Jieun asked.

" Its not like you have a crush on us anyway." Luhan said.

" You don't, right?" Lay asked. All of them were anxious to know her answer.

" Nope!" she said.

" Do any of you know anyone who needs a job?" Suho asked. Jieun got one person in mind.

" I do." Jieun said. Everyone looked unsure." Is it a he or a she?" Sehun asked her.

" Don't worry. Its a he." she answered. They sighed in relief.

" Oh thank goodness." Lay said.

" Ask him as soon as possible, arasso?" Suho asked her.

" I got it." she took her coat and bag." Bye!"

Right after she got home, she started baking the chocolate chip cookies for her new neighbour. After baking, she got ready to sleep.

* I hope he likes them.* she thought and drifted away to dreamland.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st chappie is out!!! How do you guys like this chapter??? Pls comment below!

Here are the characters so far:

- Luna
- Sulli
- Onew
- Minho
- Baekhyun
-Jongin
- Luhan
- Suho
- Sehun
- Lay

Now its time for GIFS!!!

   

How to shop for Chanyeol's birthday present:

   

   

Pls comment a lot! Thank you~