[Vhope] Prom Invite

In Media Res

Hoseok's motto is definitely "No half measures"

So you can't tell bc it's not viewable, but this story recently hit 1000 views and I have over 100 unique subscribers. This little story is my way of saying thank you ^_^

Also partially dedicated to Bowrair bc she left me some really nice messages thank you bby ;_;


 

Hoseok swirled his drink, “Hey Taehyung, what do you think about prom?”

Taehyung took another spoonful of ice cream. “It’s going to be at that hotel downtown this year, right? Sounds fancy”

“So if someone asked you, would you go?”

Taehyung paused mid bite, Hoseok refused to look at him. This was unfamiliar territory. He swallowed, “Yes.”

Hoseok turned a cheeky grin on him, “Too bad you’re not going.”

Taehyung punched his shoulder, “You jerk, I thought you were going to invite me!”

Hoseok rubbed at his shoulder, “Who in their right mind would ask you to prom?”

A week later, Taehyung opened his locker to find it filled with roses, and one stuffed bear holding a card that read “Will you go to prom with me?”

He found Hoseok running on the track and waited until practice was over to punch him on the shoulder. “That was the cheesiest thing I have ever seen!”

“Does that mean yes?” Hoseok smiled.

“My textbooks smell like flowers. You couldn’t have just written it on a cake or something?”

“Does that mean yes?”

Taehyung stopped his rant because Hoseok’s eyes were big and wide and incredibly vulnerable and Taehyung couldn’t tell whether Hoseok’s face was red because he was tired or nervous.

He couldn’t look him in the eyes when he stammered “Yes I’ll go with you.” But he had no problem burying his face in Hoseok’s chest when the elder wrapped his arms around him.