[YoonMin] Cross Tattoo

In Media Res

Prompt- Yoonmin - best friend's sibling au


 

 

 

24 hour gaming marathon. No sleep, just bathroom and snack breaks.

It was a weekend before finals traditions of Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin’s. A tradition their parents had hoped they would grow out of.

It’s been three years.

The tradition isn’t dying.

Today’s marathon is being hosted at Jungkook’s place, despite his mother’s protest.

She made a deal with them. They had to stay in Jungkook’s room.

Fair enough.

Taehyung and Jimin draped themselves across the bed, Jungkook’s bed, while the host was forced to the uncomfortable confines of the floor.

Jungkook’s phone vibrates. He glances down at it, “Huh.”

“Huh what?” Jimin asks.

“My brother is coming for break,” Jungkook says.

Jimin sits up straighter, “How long will Yoongi be here?”

“He didn’t say,” Jungkook rapidly presses the controller buttons.

Taehyung reaches blindly into a bowl, only to touch the bottom. He grabs its side and drops it upside down on Jungkook’s head.

“Kookie we’re out of popcorn,” Taehyung laments

“I’ll make more in a minute,” Jungkook says, he pushes the popcorn bowl/hat higher on his head

“But I’m hungry now,” Taehyung pouts. He pokes Jungkook’s back with his foot.

After the third prod Jungkook leans back on his bed and looks up at Taehyung, “Seriously?”

Taehyung gives his signature box smile.

Jungkook sighs. He pauses the game and takes the bowl off his head, grumbling something about ungrateful hyungs as he walks out.

Jimin reaches for Jungkook’s controller and unpauses the game. He and Taehyung double teamed as Link and Yoshi to kill Nes.

“Dude, you like his brother,” Taehyung says without turning from the screen.

“No,” Jimin scoffs.

“You totally do,” Taehyung continues, “That’s gross.”

Jimin grabs the pillow next to him and hits Taehyung in the back of the head.

“You’re gross,” Jimin mutters.

Taehyung pouts as he rubs his injure scalp.

Jungkook walks in the room holding a bowl of warm popcorn.

He doesn’t react to his dead character. He just sighs and lays across Taehyung’s back, stuffing his mouth with handfuls of popcorn as Taehyung and Jimin finish their match.

~~

To be fair, Yoongi was gross.

He was an excessive chainsmoker that went through four packs a week, and even when he didn’t have a cigarette lit up the smoke smell clung to his clothes like a second skin. His hair was cropped short and dyed red. He had a tattoo on the inside of his wrist and metal curving all around his ears and even labret piercings, two silver balls under his lower lip.

For all that and more, Jimin wanted him.

Jimin wanted the taste of Yoongi’s nicotine in his mouth. He wanted to the dead red hair with his fingertips. He wanted to run his tongue over Yoongi’s labret piercings. He wanted to feel Yoongi’s ribs pressed against his chest. He wanted desperate moans, bruising touches, and stinging pain.

Jimin wanted all of Yoongi.

Yoongi wasn’t his.

Yoongi belonged to Daegu.

He belonged to towering skycrapers and the southern moon heating him as he wakes down busy streets at three in the morning. He is the night life. He is the black cat ducking through alleys and catching meals with sharp teeth, he is steely, he is danger.

He’s beautiful.

Yoongi is beautiful.

Jimin is reminded of this when he wakes up at 2 in the afternoon after the 24 hour marathon and finds Yoongi frying rice in the kitchen. His shirt hangs too loosely on his thin frame, exposing prominent collarbones and pale skin. Jimin catches a glimpse of his tattoo. A cross, like one of those engraved bronze ones in French cathedrals, on the inside of his wrist. The grey wash is stunning on Yoongi’s white skin.

He’s beautiful.

God he’s beautiful.

His mouth is downturned into that pout he always wears, but he smiles briefly when he catches Jimin staring, “Hey short stuff.”

Jimin pouts, “It’s just 1 centimeter hyung.”

Yoongi chuckles to himself.

“Is my brother awake yet?” he asks.

“No,” Jimin leans against the entrance and watches Yoongi cook, “He and Taehyung are still asleep.”

“Taehyung?”

“He moved here last year,” Jimin explains.

Of course Yoongi doesn’t know Taehyung. He hasn’t been over in longer. The only thing that keeps him coming back is Jungkook, or so he says. He continues stirring the rice in the pan. His bangs are too long, they’re covering half of his eyes.

“How have you been hyung?” JImin asks.

“Same, I guess,” Yoongi makes two plates of rice, “I got an internship at a recording company.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah,” Yoongi puts the plates on the table, “They said if I keep improving, they’ll hire me full time.”

Yoongi motions at the seat across from him. Jimin grabs two forks, hands one to Yoongi, and sits down at the table.

“I’m sure you’ll get the job,” Jimin says.

“Yeah?”

“Yeah,” Jimin saw the purple bags under Yoongi’s red eyes. He remembers when Yoongi was in high school and wouldn’t get home until after 1 in the morning because he had got lost in his music at the rented studio.

This was when Jimin was in middle school.

Now he’s in high school. Some things don’t change.

Sometimes it feels like Yoongi is one of those permanent fixtures, something that comes and goes but never changes. He’s still the same height as when Jimin first saw him.

But some things do change.

Like hair. Like piercings. Like addresses.

“Did…” Yoongi pauses, “Did Jungkook say anything about how long our dad will be gone?”

He’s chewing on his lip. He looks scared.

Jimin felt useless, “Not really. Maybe two or three days. I’m not sure.”

The fear was still on Yoongi’s face, “That’s not a lot of time. I have to be gone before he gets back.”

Jimin knew. Jungkook knew.

Yoongi nods.

They finish the food in silence.

Then Jimin collects the plates and begins washing them.

Yoongi steps up behind, “It’s nice to see you again, Jiminnie.”

Jiminnie. The cute nickname given to a child, or in this case, a younger brother’s best friend.

Jimin wondered it took to get a breathless “Jimin” from Yoongi’s mouth.

Jungkook wakes up and tackles Yoongi to the ground.

There isn’t much resemblance between the two, the only feature they share is pale skin. Yoongi, ironically, has the same wide face as their dead, while Jungkook got their mouth’s clever smirk. They love each other all the same.

Maybe Jimin can ask another day.

Maybe he’ll find what it takes to get Yoongi to moan his name.