[NamJin] Next Morning at Denny's...

In Media Res

 

Summary: In which Nam Joon hates the world for creating Yoongi

 


 

Yoongi felt the effects of last night’s party pounding against his brain. . There was a bruise on his knee, he couldn’t find his other sock, and someone replaced the names of all the contacts in his phone with Disney characters. . He buried his head in his arms.

“I can’t believe you dragged me out.”

“We have no food at the apartment, this was the best option,” Hoseok said as he scanned over the menu.

“Whatever you still woke us up too early,” Yoongi’s response was muffled by his sleeves.

“You sleep too late”

“Nah, you wake up too early,” Nam Joon grunted from across the table. His hands were rubbing circles on his temples and there were bags under his eyes, “How are you so awake.”

“I didn’t drink much last night,”

“Why not?” Yoongi mumbled.

“He was too busy face with that kid,” Nam Joon smirked.
Hoseok made one of his ridiculous expressions, he attempted to shush Nam Joon with frantic arm motions. One of his arms accidentally hit Yoongi, he slowly leaned up off his arms, eyes not yet fully opened. “What do you mean?”

“You didn’t see it? He had the kid pinned against the wall and was practically eating his face,” Nam Joon grinned.

“The one with the bubble gum hair?”

“Yeah”

Yoongi smirked, “The one that looked fifteen?”

“Shut up, at least I got a number. What about you two? Oh, I remember now, you were throwing up in the bathroom. I had to pile you into the car, drag you to bed, and make sure you didn’t choke on your own puke. God, you guys need to learn how to take of yourselves.”

The other two lost their smiles, Nam Joon looked ashamed, Yoongi didn’t give a but his hangover came back with a vengeance. “Sorry,” Nam Joon said quietly.

“Maybe I’d have time to date if I wasn’t always taking care of you,” Hoseok muttered to his menu.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and sneered.

 “Welcome to Denny’s sorry for the wait. Can I start you off with some drinks?”

“Coke, no ice,” Yoongi stated.

“Sprite, please,” Hoseok answered.

“Uh- same.”

“All right, I’ll get that right out for you,”

“God everything looks so good. I’m either really hungry, or they got a better photographer for their menus,” Yoongi flipped through the booklet, “Nam Joon, what are you getting?”

No response.

Yoongi looked up from his menu to find Nam Joon staring with his mouth hanging open. A quick turn proved that yes, Nam Joon did have his eyes glued to their waiter, a tall guy with redish hair and a girly face. It’s kind of funny actually, how blatantly obvious Nam Joon is. Yoongi was more awake, now that he found something to do. He punched Hoseok’s side with his elbow. Hoseok’s face contorted but quickly spread to a smile once he followed Yoongi’s finger pointed at Nam Joon, and Nam Joon’s eyes pointed at the waiter. He gave Yoongi a thumb’s up motion.

Yoongi began, “Nam Joon I think I’ll get the onion rings. What about you?”

Still no response. Hoseok bit his bottom lip to suppress the laughs.

“I think you’d like sausage and eggs.”

The silence continued.

“Or maybe you’d rather have him and bound by rope”

“WHAT?”

Hoseok and Yoongi burst into laughter. Nam Joon continued “What did you-”

“Here are your drinks,” the waiter returned with a tray, Yoongi and Hoseok stopped laughing, “Have you guys decided what you’d like to order yet?”

“I’ll have the Lumberjack special, please.”

“Onion rings.”

“Got it, and for you,” the waiter asked Nam Joon. Nam Joon had his head turned away from him in an attempt to hide his bright red face, “I- I need another minute.”

“All right let me know when you’re ready,” he smiled before walking off.

Yoongi and Hoseok began laughing.

“You guys are ,” Nam Joon mumbled.

“You want his ,” Yoongi retorted, still laughing.

Later, when the waiter asked them if they needed to go boxes, Yoongi answered that Nam Joon would take the waiter to go. Hoseok laughed, Nam Joon hid his face behind his hands.

He damned the gods for letting Yoongi’s parents meet and eventually create their hellish offspring. He took back his curses when he saw the back of his receipt. In blue slanted letters, it listed seven numbers and a name, Seokjin.

 


 

AN: I'm done with finals! Here's some dumb Bangtan Boys to celebrate