[Namjin] Allure Preview

In Media Res

I'm a very scattered writer, so I when I get inspiration it's for 3856742395 stories

Which means I have a lot of half finished drafts. Especially for barcode!au I have too many pages for that one.

Here's a preview of the next side story (which probably won't be finished for several months)


 

Nam Joon blew onto the back of Seokjin’s hair, he watched the soft strands flutter before they landed. He the hair back into place and blew again. After the third time Seokjin shoved him, “Stop that.”

“Come on, how long does it take to choose a salad dressing?” Nam Joon whined.

“One must consider all options when shopping for luxuries. You must factor in the quantity, the ingredients, the nutrient facts, and the taste before making a decision,” Seokjin scanned the bottles again.

Nam Joon sighed and rested his head on Seokjin’s shoulder, “Buy them both, I’m paying remember?”

“Yes but you don’t have to throw money away.”

“It’s just salad dressing Jinnie. It’s not like I’m buying you a new apartment or something,” he kissed the back of Seokjin’s head before pulling one of the bottles out of his hand and placing it in the cart. Maybe asking Seokjin to go grocery shopping wasn’t a good idea, they had been there for one hour and only had four items. Seokjin spent thirty minutes marveling at the produce section before grabbing only a carton of strawberries and a bag full of tomatoes. Nam Joon convinced him to take the pineapple he had been eyeing.

“There are just so many options,” Seokjin said in awe.

“You must have nothing in the slums,” Nam Joon pushed the cart forward.

“You’ve seen my apartment, and its within the enamel.”

“How do you guys survive?”

“It’s easy when you have a rich boyfriend,” Seokjin smiled as he ran off to the pasta section.

At least he was having fun. Nam Joon couldn’t stop smiling when Seokjin looked at all the different pasta cuts. The trip will take all afternoon but god it’s worth it.

“This bow shaped one, and this multi-colored twisted one,” Seokjin dumped the boxes in the cart.

“What happened to careful selection?” Nam Joon teased.

Seokjin played with the court rail, “They’re both pretty and you did say you’d pay. I can return one if-”

“I was joking take them both. You’re the one who’s going to cook them.”

Seokjin’s face broke into a smile. Yeah, this was definitely worth spending the whole afternoon at a grocery store.