[Vhope] Reunion

In Media Res

Alternative title: That Time I had fun in Xana's inbox


 

Taehyung paced across the airport terminal, making his way from the snackbar, to the bathroom, then back to the flight schedule. The plane had been delayed for an hour, then another thirty minutes. Taehyung blew out a puff of air. He shifted the stuffed bear in his hands so that he could check the time on his phone. 6:40, five minutes after the most recently listed arrival time. But still no crowd of people pouring out of the gates. Taehyung puffed up his cheeks in annoyance,  his breath came out in small white puffs. He adjusted his jacket. Suddenly the luggage carousel began moving. He read the screen, it was for the 5 pm Tan Son Nhat flight. Taehyung ran over to the gates. Now there were people, too many of them. Taehyung couldn’t see over all of the heads. He jumped up, searching, looking. “Taehyung!” Taehyung turned around. “Hobi!” Taehyung shouted before throwing his arms around his neck. He was a little worse for wear, he lost weight, and had patches on his too thin jacket, but he was back. “I missed you,” he cried into his neck. “I missed you too,” Hoseok tightly held on to him. Taehyung gave him the bear, a ‘welcome back’ present. And didn’t let go of his hand as they walked to the parking lot. He wouldn’t let go for a long time.