[Vhope] Post Revelry

In Media Res

Prepare for a ton of updates, I finished this round of tumblr prompts.

Prompt: vhope- 11 -lose yourself

Set after American Hustle Life Episode 3


 

 

 

Hoseok looked at his reflection.

The jacket was a perfect fit, and a great style, black with red stripes, only the best from Coolio.

Hoseok turned to the right, watched as it formed with his back.

It was the prize, his prize, from the team dancing competition.

He still couldn’t believe it.

Hoseok knew he was good, but Seokjin was their worst dancer. He still couldn’t believe that their team won, couldn't believe how much Seokjin had improved. After the competition, the American dancers commended them on their work. They clapped Hoseok's back, shouted his name, J Hope, all impressed at him for training Seokjin.

Hoseok’s smile grew wider, before fading.

The team competition had been fun. But yesterday, yesterday, the individual fights against the dancers…

Odin was his name, the American Hoseok had competed against. He was good, really good, he had made Hoseok doubt his own skill.

But when Hoseok was dancing against him, when he was curving and his limbs moved fluidly, he had forgotten about the competition. All he remembered was the dance, and how he felt when there was music running through his veins. And that drop, everyone’s face when he dropped, they were all impressed.

It made him feel indestructible.

Like how he used to feel in the underground dance world.

“What are you doing?”

Hoseok met Taehyung’s eyes in the mirror’s reflection. He forced a smile, “Nothing. Just seeing how the jacket fits.”

“Coolio has good taste,” Taehyung said.

“Yeah, he does,” Hoseok folded the jacket collar.

Taehyung headbutted Hoseok’s back, “Are you going to tell me what’s bothering you, or are you going to keep that smile you use on interviews.”

He leaned against Taehyung’s head. Taehyung slipped to the ground. He pouted up at Hoseok, Hoseok shrugged.

Taehyung’s pout fell, but the stare remained.

Hoseok will forever be amazed at how Taehyung wore an expressionless face 90% of the time, yet managed to be so perceptive.

Hoseok sighed,“I was thinking about my dance battle yesterday, he sat down on the floor across from Taehyung, “and how it reminded me of when I danced for underground clubs.”

Taehyun scooted closer, “Do you miss those days?”

“Yeah, it was my start and idol dancing is so different and formulaic,” Hoseok smiled wistfully,  “and we have to dumb down the choreography so that all the members can do it.”

Taehyung nodded. He stared down at Hoseok’s hands, were his fingertips grazed across the floor and recreated the complicated choreography from yesterday.

“Do you regret debuting?” Taehyung asked.

Hoseok’s hand stopped. He paused. “Some days? I don’t know, I was more indepenedent in that scene,” Hoseok hugged his knees to his chest, “There are too many restrictions on idols, I feel like I’m stuck, ramming my head against into the same spot on a brick wall…”

Taehyung leaned against Hoseok’s shoulder. “I don’t understand how you feel, but I can make you tea,” he offered, wide eyed and hopeful.

That doesn’t get rid of the cloud of doubt in Hoseok’s mind, but…

“Tea would be nice,” Hoseok said against his knees.

Taehyung skipped off.

He returned with a hot green tea for Hoseok, and a Capri sun for himself.

“This is pure sugar,” Hoseok reprimanded.

“I know,” Taehyung pierced the pouch with the straw, “I still like it.”

Hoseok laughed.

The problem wasn’t solved, he still had a small part in the back of his head constantly asking what if?

But the what if wouldn’t include Taehyung.

That’s enough reason for Hoseok  drink his hot tea on a warm LA night.

And ignore the doubt he has.