[Yoonmin] Pacific Rim 2

In Media Res

Prompt: You want me to do what? Yoonmin


 

 

Jimin wasn’t in the cafeteria.

Or the training rooms.

Or his room.

Yoongi found Jimin sitting at one of the sewer entrances overlooking the city.

“Hey kid.”

Jimin jumped in his spot. He looked up at Yoongi, wide eyed, waved before looking back at the skyline.

Yongi sighed, “About the drift.”

“I’m sorry, I chased the rabbit, I shouldn’t have done that.” Jimin hugged his knees.

Yoongi sat down next to him, “Everyone makes mistake. And I got lost too.”

“But I was the one who activated the guns,” Jimin rested his head on the top of his knees.

“Yeah,” Yoongi wondered the etiquettes of hugging someone if you’ve only known them for a day and a half, “You were also the one who shut them off,”

Jimin looked at him.

Yoongi smiled.

Jimin swallowed, “You’re not mad?”

“No, I'm not. Seokjin is" Yoongi teased, "you almost shot at the control room you're going to have to get on your knees and beg his forgiveness."

That made Jimin smile, his eyes disappeared when he smiled.

Yoongi smiled back, "I just wanted to talk about- about what you saw in the drift.”

Jimin shook his head, “Don’t worry. Now I know why you can’t look at Nam Joon.”

“Sorry I’m a jerk.”

“No, just human,” Jimin smiled. He looked all of his 19 years, too young to be asked to fight a warzone.

But then he took Yoongi’s hand in his, and rubbed circles with his thumb, and said, “Next time you should take the right arm.”

“You want me to do what?”

“The right gun has more power.”

“But I’m left handed,” Yoongi laughed.

Jimin laughed against Yoongi’s shoulder. And once he calmed down, he smiled up at him, eyes disappearing into thin crescents.

Yoongi’s glad he was rejected as a jockey years ago, he can’t imagine having any partner other than Park Jimin.