[Yoonmin] Chobits

In Media Res

I'm great with titles. Yet another story from the last writing meme.

I'll be in immense pain for the next few days so y'all can distract me by sending me prompts. (i'll take any, it's not limited to what's on the post) 

Prompt: I HATE YOUUUUU I pick "are you flirting with me?" AND NO DEATH. NONE. NOT EVEN A HINT. please. thank you :-)


Yoongi looked at the bags crowded around his feet.

When Hoseok woke up early that morning, and told Yoongi to take Jimin clothes shopping, he probably didn’t mean buy him a whole wardrobe. But the clothes at the persocom shop were so weird, like the designers had taken all the patterns from an episode of The Jetsons.

Though Jimin didn’t say anything, Yoongi could see the disdain on his face as they flipped through the racks at the store.

After ten minutes of reluctant searching, Yoongi dragged Jimin out of there and to a mall, a human mall, where Jimin’s eyes brightened at the window displays.

This was their third shop. Yoongi wanted to leave after the first one, but then Jimin tugged on his sleeve and pointed to another shop, his blue eyes were shining, his lip was pouting, Yoongi was weak.

“Are you done yet?” Yoongi groaned.

“Almost!” Jimin called out.

Yoongi groaned again, these new persocoms were the first ones with an emotional program. Yoongi’s coworker had one who’s emotional cortex malfunctioned and the persocom was always depressed. Maybe Jimin’s was broken too, and made him sound like an overly excited puppy instead of a human.

Jimin stepped out of the changing room. This outfit was a grey muscle shirt, a plaid button up, ripped jeans, and that stupid overly happy grin on his face.

All the anger left Yoongi’s bones, he smiled, “You look great Jiminnie.”

“Can we get them?” he asked, with that damn pout.

Yoongi sighed, “Yeah sure. That’s the last one.”

Jimin gave Yoongi a quick hug then ran back to the changing room.

Yoongi should feel mad, this is all coming out of his paycheck since he was the one with a part time job and Hoseok mostly did volunteer work. But he couldn’t find it in him to be mad.

Not when Jimin ran out of the changing room wearing the generic grey slacks he had come in, with his new clothes in his arms. His electronic ears practically twitching in excitement.

“You’re lucky you’re cute,” Yoongi said.

Jimin’s expression slipped to one of confusion. “Are you flirting with me,” Jimin asked.

Yoongi looked at him, and his open eager eyes with the backlight shining behind him, and the metallic ears sticking out of his head. Yoongi pinched his cheek, “No, just messing with you Jiminnie.”

“Don’t make messes,” Jimin whined, “I have to clean those.”

Yoongi laughed.

If only Jimin were human, he thought wistfully.

Yoongi pulled on Jimin’s arm, and led him to the cash register.