Pacific Rim 1

In Media Res

Nam Joon handed Hoseok a rag from his pocket. “Thanks,” Hoseok muttered and as he used it to wipe the sweat off his face. Hoseok doesn't understand why jockeys needed combat training. It’s not like the Jaegers were going to kick a kaiju in the face. That’s what missiles were for.

When he pulled the rag away, he saw grease stains. A few prods to his face and black on his hands confirmed that, yes, there was oil on his sweat. He groaned. “Nam Joon clean your .”

Nam Joon laughed when he saw Hoseok’s half black face, “Sorry.”

Hoseok huffed. They walked into the communications room, where Hoseok saw Seokjin diligently typing away on his computer.

Hoseok smirked, “Hey Nam Joon, go tell Seokjin what we saw yesterday.” 

“He works here, doesn’t he already know?”

“Tell him anyway,” Hoseok shoved his back, “Go on now.”

Nam Joon paused, took a deep breath, put on his sunglasses, took another breath and begin walking towards Seokjin. Hoseok smiled. He pulled on Jimin’s shoulder, just as he was about to walk out, and directed him to look at Nam Joon and Seokjin. And now they wait.

“Seokjin.”

Seokjin looked up. His bangs were pushed up, his lips pouted, his cheeks flushed with frustration. “Yes?” he asked.

Nam Joon swallowed.

“What’s up? Can you make this quick?” Seokjin huffed, “I’ve got charts I need to finish before Seunghyun gets back.”

“Right, heh, well, you see… We had a kaiju attack the yesterday,” Nam Joon waved his hands in the air, but instead of illustrating his point, they made him look like kind of, well, crazy, “Me and Hoseok, us, and Runchrider, we took it out and, we took down a kaiju in downtown Seoul. And there, there we saw, it moved again! After we killed it, and”

Seokjin interrupted, “If you’re talking about the fetus, it’s already down in the labs. Junhong is having a field day with it.”

“Ah, so you knew. That’s good…” Nam Joon’s face was bright red, “Work hard. Have a good day Seokjin.”

“You too,” Seokjin went back to his computer screen.

Nam Joon lingered for a half minute before walking back to Hoseok. Hoseok and Jimin were holding back smiles. Nam Joon slapped Hoseok on the back of the head and walked out.

They laughed until they were red in the face.

 


A/N: I'm a great procrastinator. Who writes papers when they can write Pacific Rim!! (i'm gonna be up all night working on that paper now, children don't follow my example.)

Also, action is hard to write.