[Vhope] Distorted Light

In Media Res

They didn’t get him until late at night, actually it’s morning, but they were too high on adrenaline too care. They learned the new choreography for their next comeback, of course it was more complicated than their N.O stage.

“We did backflips off of each other, why did he want to make something bigger than that?” Yoongi whined. Nam Joon handed him a bottle and patted his back. Normally they would save the alcohol for the weekends, but it’s not every day that day that learn a new routine. The second day is always the worst, the first day everything is fresh and new so the dancers spend more time teaching you the moves. The second day they’re expected to know everything so they get less help and more screams. Though they would regret the headaches tomorrow, the alcohol was good stress relief that night.

“I’m going to turn in early, today wore me out,” Taehyung stood up. Everyone slurred their good byes. Hoseok felt a tug on his sleeve. After ten minutes, he said he was tired too and easily slid out of the room. From down the hall, Hoseok heard laughter, and what sounded like SeokJin complaining, and smiled.  It was exciting to have debuted with people who were your actual friends and not just your members. They still had to play pretend when the cameras were on, but he didn’t mind as much. The interaction was nice.

He found Taehyung leaning against his door trying to light a cigarette.

“I didn’t know you smoked,” Hoseok said. He peeled the lighter from Taehyung’s hand and lit it on the first try.

“I’m starting to pick it up. Jin said they relieve stress, but he goes through two packs a week. I need something that works.” He took a long drag.

The hallway was near dark with Taehyung’s silhouette shaped against the wall. The night didn’t suit him. It clouded over them, enveloping them in distorted light. But part of what night offered was learning to trust what you see.

They stood in silence until Hoseok gathered the nerves to ask, “Why are we here?”

Taehyung smirked, “It’s been a week since I started smoking. The cigarettes aren’t working.” He cradled the back of Hoseok’s head and pulled him down to capture his lips.

Taehyung tasted like smoke, and something sweeter, something intoxicating, something that had Hoseok drawn to him since that first day. When Taehyung’s face was pink with anxiety, but his voice was confident when he introduced himself to the group as its newest member. Hoseok was hooked from day one. However, Hoseok never anticipated that he would one day do this to Taehyung. To explore his mouth. To feel his fingertips brushing against the skin under his shirt.  To push him into his room and onto his bed. To see a pale expanse of skin and leave rose colored marks as he made his way down. To hear Taehyung’s little breathless pants, his whines, his pleas. The biggest turn on was to see his pouts when he thought they weren’t moving fast enough. He would use an innocent expression to ask for something so wanton, a juxtaposition of looks and desire. It was addicting.

Hoseok wanted to slow down and memorize every part of Taehyung’s body, from the back of his neck,  to the sensitive part inside of his elbow and the soft push on his stomach. But desire prevented that. And instead he found himself mercilessly ravaging the younger boy. What if this was the only time? What if Hoseok would never again feel Taehyung’s husky voice whisper into the shell of his ear? Or see his eyes flutter when he found an especially sensitive spot on his shoulder? Hoseok especially loved the flush of Taehyung’s face as he rocked into him. And after they were spent, and Taehyung was in that plain between sleeping and awake, he whispered Hoseok one last time. Hoseok imprinted that on his mind. He pulled Taehyung into his arms, they were an interwoven tangle of bodies and limbs but that was the most restful sleep Hoseok had since their debut.

 


A/N- So this actually comes from almost 5k scifi au that I haven't worked on in a few months. 

         I edited so that it could fit in an easily comprehensible setting, after a dance practice, but I don't actively write real life stories. It' makes me feel awkward and is just a little too indulgent into fangirl fantasies. 

        After rereading the scifi au I reawwakened my interest and hopefull will able to finish it this time, so if you see a similar passage in their, it's not me being lazy, that's the original source.

         Thanks for reading ^_^