[Namjin] Sometimes the Snow

In Media Res

This drabble collection hit 100 subscribers!!

I have 300+ unique subscribers!!

I have a research paper due tomorrow :(

I am so stressed right now that this news is kind of uplifting. So remember this story, you know the one where Jin has cancer

Here's a happy moment  from when they started dating in college :)


 

Back in the early stages of their relationship, when they were still in college, Seokjin and Nam Joon would ritually go to the theaters on five dollar Sunday and watch the worst movie they were screening. Nam Joon preferred the horror movies. Even if the acting was terrible Seokjin would tightly grip his hand for the entirety of the film.

And on the fourth date, or maybe it was the fifth, after their terrible movie, they stopped by the coffee shop on their way to the bus stop. Seokjin ordered some fruity flavored tea. Nam Joon ordered the hot chocolate, only so the hot cup would warm his hands. The chocolate itself was too sweet, he had always preferred the bitter taste of black coffee, and dumped the cup in a trash can as soon as it cooled down.

Seokjin recounted his early morning lecture from Friday, where they discussed Oscar Wilde and the social class arguments that come up in Dorian Gray. At least, that’s what Nam Joon thinks he was talking about. He wasn’t really paying attention to what Seokjin was saying. Not when his cheeks were flush from the cold breeze. And there were snowflakes catching on his eyelashes. And small white puffs of breath were coming from pink lips. And the streetlights were shining on his hair in a way that made him look almost angelic.

Nam Joon felt his heartbeat race.

Seokjin was still talking, so Nam Joon kissed him mid sentence. Without separating their mouths, Nam Joon pried the empty tea cup from Seokjin’s hands and dropped in the snow. Seokjin wrapped his now free arms around Nam Joon’s neck. Pulled chest to chest almost entirely touching, filling in the empty spaces. Their world was cold, but Seokjin was warm.

Seokjin smiled when they separated. “You didn’t hear a word I said,” he teased.

“Nope,” Nam Joon smiled sheepishly.

Seokjin laughed. He kissed Nam Joon again. And again.