When one guy is happy and one guy is not

I Always Love You II

" Omo. Really ? " Suzy replied with widened eyes. IU shruggs " Chill. What's wrong ? " she asked. Suzy looks away , "Ani , I have to call him " she said as she went out to have some privacy. She didn't know why , but she felt uncomfortable if she talks to Key in front of her best friend. 

She quickly pressed his number and waited for his answer. Soon, the other line picked up and she sighed , feeling relieved. " Key ! It's Suzy " she called , biting her lip . She was actually feeling guilty. 

Key sounded shock as he slowly replied " Oh, yeah. Hey " 

" I'm really sorry just leaving you like that just now. I was just- " she tried to explain and he immediately cut off. " I know. You need some time with your boyfriend " he said , and it feels hard for him to say that. Boyfriend. 

He never knew she has a boyfriend. Well, of course , she's pretty and all. But maybe all the time when he met her , the thought of her already taken didn't cross his mind at all. He felt stupid and embarrassed when Jieun told him that tall handsome guy is Suzy's guy. And he regretted too. He regretted for asking. 

" Hm, about that... I'm really sorry you went home just like that. It was very rude of me. I'm so so so sorry !! " she apologized , sounding desperate. Key is a good friend, he doesn't deserve being treated like that from her. She heard Key's chuckle " It's fine. You should have told me you had a boyfriend you know " he blurted. 

There was silence. 

" Your boyfriend is handsome " he added salt to his own wound. He just wanted to hear something from her. Something that she's willing to share with him. 

Suzy immediately look away " Uhh, yeah " she responded uncomfortably. Key heard her long silence so he decided to stop . Plus, it doesn't benefit him in any way at all. It's just will made him more mad.

" Um, okay. My mom called for me. See you at school " Key said before hanging up first. He can't keep up with the rate of his beating heart. Why is he falling for her as he believed ? It's not right because he just met her. He never believes in love at first sight cause the thought is so stupid. How can you fell in love with someone you just met ? 

But he's stupid himself because he realized that he's falling harder . 


*


The next day everything went back to normal. Although in the morning things are awkward for Key to face Suzy because everytime he talks to her by looking at her face and her smiles, he was reminded of the view Suzy went off with her boyfriend the other day. He reminded of how Suzy was forgotten about him completely. The whole time she was with her boyfriend. 

But since his group of friends started the whole day with laughters and fun he manage to hide his trouble. 

" We're heading to the karaoke after this. Wanna tag along  ? " Jia spoke and Min nudges Suzy. Suzy look at them amazed. She nodded with brighten eyes " Sure! " 

The others high fived together knowing that Suzy will be joining them. Since Suzy is among them now, it's like they want to have Suzy in all their activities and Suzy was more than glad to have them around her . It just made her less lonely than she already is. 

Suzy was laughing around with them and Key can't help but to smile while looking at her. Suzy notices his stare and stare back at him . She feels tingling feeling in her stomach by the look he gave her. She looks away slowly, trying not to look so obvious. She silently gulped . She thinks she knew that kind of look. 

* Oh my * she thought. She remember that kind of look. Jonghyun were always giving her that kind of look. She notices it everytime but it just that time she couldn't translate it. But now, is her thought is true or it's just that her mind is playing tricks ? 


They all stood up one by one , while Suzy still busy with her thoughts . Key look to her and pull her wrist to stand up with him. Suzy look up to him with a confused expression. 

Key chuckled " Cute " because of her expression and Suzy reddened. " Get up. They're already leaving " he said and then only Suzy look around. Their friends were already walking towards the door. " Oh .. right " she said and let out an embarrassed laugh. He shook his head and they walk together out of the class. 

While they were walking in a group out of the school. Key immediately stiffened when he sees a figure at the gate. He looks quickly to Suzy and saw she was laughing with Fei. 

He hopes she wouldn't see him. He hopes she wouldn't meet him. 

But his prayer was not heard since he saw the familiar light in her eyes the moment she looks straight ahead.  

" Soohyun " his shoulder slumped the moment he heard her mutters her boyfriend's name. The group stopped in their tracks as they watched Suzy walked towards Soohyun who's standing by the gate with his bike. 

The group were confused of who the guy might be as they just look at the two interacts while Key just watches with a pained expression. 

" Oh ? Who is that ? Key do you know him ? " Minho asked and he wished Minho didn't ask him because he doesn't want to answer at all. 

" Her boyfriend " he manage the rock in his throat and answers bitterly. " Jeongmal ?! " Onew and Taemin were shocked as they all looked to each other while sparing glances to Suzy and her boyfriend. 

" Then, is she still going with us ? " Jia voices and Key just look blankly at her " I don't think so. " he replied and they all muttered in disappointment. " Awwh. Too bad " Fei and Min said as they lightly pouted. 

Key looks at Suzy and how happy she looks . * Yeah, too bad * he thought as he fought the urge to frown.  

Suzy suddenly turn around and wave at them while saying out loud " Mianhae ! I promise we'll go next time ! " she said with a big smile. They all smiled back and shouted  " Gwaenchana " but Key. But of course since they were only busy looking at the couple they didn't notice that Key was not waving back. 

While they continued to walk home , Key has to bear with his friends comments. 

" Awh, Suzy's so lucky ! Her boyfriend is so handsome! " Fei said and giggled. 

" Well, look at her. She's damn pretty herself " Minho said . 

" Yeah, they look good together ! " Taemin agrees. 

" Like a match made in heaven ! " Min exclaims and they all nod in agreement. 

" I can't wait to see her tomorrow! I want to hear their love story from A to Z ! " Jia said and Key let out a desperate sigh .  * Well, I don't want to  * he said in his mind. 


*

" Tell me again how come you fetched me  at school ? " Suzy asked as she gave Soohyun a drink. He smiled at her as she sat down on the  couch beside him. " My mom and I visited my halmeoni at the hospital. So I didn't attend school today " he shruggs and sip his drink. 

" And you came all the way here " Suzy said touched. " Of course. I wanted to see you " he replied and Suzy felt a million of butterflies flew right in her body without her  permission. " Well, I wanted to see you too " she muttered shyly and Soohyun smiled, feeling warm all over his body. 

They spent a few seconds just looking at each other. The silence was comfortable and Suzy notices Soohyun leans to her slowly . She regains herself not to panic and her eyes automatically flutters close as she can already feels his  breath on her lips. 

" Unnie ! " 

Sulli's loud aegyo voice immediately repelled them from each other as they look at the entrance of the living room. 

" Ah there you are! " Sulli came running to her  and only then she notices Soohyun. She  rolls her eyes " You brought a guy home ? " she said in an annoying tone. Soohyun just looks at her with big eyes. She remembers Soohyun once told her that Sulli is really cute and that he loves to look at her. 

" Sulli, he's my boyfriend " Suzy said , like it's the most obvious thing ever. She knew that Sulli had a little disapproval of Soohyun as her boyfriend because she's more comfortable with Jonghyun.  

Sulli stares at Soohyun long that his cheek flushed beautiful pink. " Sorry. I don't remember his face " she stated and Soohyun broke into a laugh at how cute Sulli is. Suzy sent him a glare and turns back to Sulli. " What do you want  ? " she asked. 

She holds out her hand " Give me your phone. I need to call Soojung but I forgot where I put my phone " she said and Suzy grunted before giving her phone to her. Sulli thanked her cheerfully as she skips away from them . " Don't talk to long! " Suzy said loudly and heard her reply from the upstairs " Whatever ! " 

Suzy frowns and looks back at Soohyun who's holding her laughter. " What ? " she asked , still frowning. 

" She's so cute " he mumbled and grinned at her. Suzy crossed her arms " Enough with it already " she asked and glared at him. " Jealous ? " he said and she scoffed , but didn't reply. Soohyun laughed again and bumped his shoulders with her , " Hey, relax . I still love you " he said , being cheesy all of sudden that made her reddened by his statement. 

Soohyun saw her rolled her eyes once again and he broke into a meaningful laughter. He surely had a wonderful evening with his girlfriend today.